Picked up a bag of these bitches earlier. What can I do with them?

Picked up a bag of these bitches earlier. What can I do with them?

Other urls found in this thread:

chowhound.com/food-news/50975/how-to-get-your-clams-squeaky-clean/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Boil em mash em stick em in a stew

clam chowder? GENIUS

shovel them up your ass

eat em raw
get that starchy goodness in ya lad

Anything I should know about making good chowder?

clam sauce is your friend

what's taters, eh?

Lots of leeks/onions/bacon/celery and potato, I personally like to thicken mine with butter and flour(burre marnier I think the frogs call it) in equal parts and whisk it in for 5 minutes after the base soup is done. But the real key to a good chowder is to have varied seafood cooked properly. If you have nice chunks of shrimp and halibut thrown in in the last minute while heating, some chunks of scallop and crab thrown into the bowl before pouring it, and obviously a bundle of clam and mussel meat, you're looking at a good chowder.

So make a pot of chowder, put your mussels in clams in there and cook them till they open, take out the shells and meat, then add your seafood, put the meat into the bowl with your crab and scallop, and then poor the bowl in. Getting that mussel/clam liquor is important.

I would suggest cooking them in some fashion and then eating them with your mouth hole.

Make a dang ol' homemade pootang

dice'em and fry'em

L-lewd

Mash them, then serve with meat and veggies

Boil them, then serve with meat and veggies

Stick them in a soup with meat and veggies

grill them, then serve with meat and veggies

Dude... they're potatoes.

cut thinly
Get peanut oil
Fry
spice
fry twice
season

Easy and yummy.
Cut them into wedges. I just do fourths. Rub with oil. Salt pepper. Oven 425 till like I like them. Maybe 40mins. 4-5 potatoes makes hella. Dip in ranch ketchup or whatever.

Sometimes I spuce them up with garlic salt or something spicy or rotisserie seasoning.
Sometime get a small can nacho cheese and bacon bits.

Bake them in the oven?

Slice them up into thin slices and fry them in oil?

There's a lot of things you can do with russet potatos.

t o r t i l l a

Make/buy fish or seafood stock. If you make it yourself, you can lessen your cook time considerably by steeping stockfish in half milk, half water.
Cook clams in it.
Discard unopened clams, shuck opened clams and set the meat aside.
Strain the stock through coffee filters to remove sand. I use a Melitta-style coffee cone for this.
If you made your own stock using the half-milk method mentioned above, skip beyond the green txt below.
>reduce the stock to about half its original volume, then add milk to equal its former volume.
Keep your milky stock warm in a pan on low heat; meanwhile, make a white roux by cooking an equal portion of flour and butter, stirring constantly, until it just comes together into a paste. Have some finely chopped onion and celery in the pan with the butter/flour, too, for extra delicious.
>not necessary, but I like to add a little freshly powdered celery seed to the roux for extra celery oomph
Set the stock to high heat and whisk in the roux; keep whisking until it's completely dissolved and mixed into the stock, thickening it.
>white roux made from 1tbsp butter/1tbsp flour will thicken 1 cup of liquid ot chowder-like consistency, so adjust amounts as necessary for whatever volume of chowder you wanna make
Add potatoes, cut somewhere between cube and dice, to the thickened stock.
Once potato is cooked, add clam meat. Chop it first if you used large clams.
Add parsley.
Serve.
Untraditional, but I like black pepper in it. I don't care that it makes it look "dirty." I like it.

Fuck I love potatoe wedges. Although I always thought the best way to eat them was fried? I think that's how my middle school cafeteria used to make them.

I thought oven wedges wouldnt taste as good but if you rub the oil all around each piece they come out crispy like being fried.

clam? get hogs and use the bellies. They will dissolve into the stem.

Good stuff, one trick though. Soak the clams in fresh water for like 1/2 hour and they will expel a lot of the sand. (salt is optional)

chowhound.com/food-news/50975/how-to-get-your-clams-squeaky-clean/

You actually bought those? You got scammed. Those are worthless. You can't make anything with that shit.

>boils instead of steams

When I do that, there's still sand. Always.
Best to avoid the hassle and do as the post suggests and just strain the stock, I find.