Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jDGqtjcyxlQ
youtu.be/GZAXE3-srfM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's all in the noodle

Add a jar of Dolmio sauce.

good product
like you couldnt afford and even if, youcouldnt find them the us only in italie

You have to pick the spaghetti fresh, when it's not too ripe nor too dry.

Salt your pasta water

This. Don't overcook the noodles. Also, remove the casing from Italian sausage and break it into pieces to brown in a pan. Degrease it and then add your sauce and let it simmer a bit first before pouring over the noodles. You might sautee some garlic or onion with the meat. Toss the noodles in the sauce before serving.

Also, spring for decent sauce and meat. Simple dishes are only as good as their ingredients.

There must be more olive oil than pasta sauce.

Thank me later.

use sketti fresh from your pockets

Sweaty Palms.

youtube.com/watch?v=jDGqtjcyxlQ

How much salt?

all of it

I'm gonna need a bigger pot then

no it's all in the sauce, my friend.

Basically so much salt that if you taste the water you should pretty much gag

Get decent store-bought dry pasta-- i.e., not cheap shit Skinner or Ronco. Barilla or better. Salt the water a little. Don't overcook-- taste the spaghetti at a minute less than recommended on the box If it seems like there is still just a tiny bit of undone on the inside, like it could go another 30 sec to a minute, take it off the stove and drain it. It will finish cooking on its own and be just right when you eat it.

Maybe a tablespoon for a fairly big pot of water. Less for less.

Sauce:

Half a white onion minced
small handful of minced carrots -- optional
small handful of minced celery -- optional
1 T of evoo
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp basil or bunch of fresh torn up by hand
2 cloves minced garlic
1 28 oz can of crushed or whole peeled tomatoes, mashed up.
1 tsp balsamic vinegar or a splash of red wine-- optional
1/2 tsp anchovy paste -- optional

Put the everything but the tomatoes and basil in a pan on low heat. Cover it and let the vegetables get soft. Probably about 15 minutes. Add tomatoes and basil. Eat or uncover and simmer on low for hours if you want.

Shitty noodles in an amazing sauce is still shitty.

Like the sea.

Nice dubs

Adding to this, San Marzano tomatoes are the ones that everyone says to get, use that information how you will.

If your sauce is too acidic you can add some baking soda, just a little, and see if it helps. I've also seen people cook a whole carrot but the baking soda is a bit more instantaneous and doesn't require the presumed sacrifice of a perfectly edible carrot

mirepoix, white wine, butter, canned plum tomatoes, lean ground beef and cook for a long time on low heat. lots of Parmesan when you serve

also get some fresh,not dry pasta for fucks sake

Bona fide San Marzanos from Italy are regarded as the best for sauces, since they are grown in alkaline volcanic soil and they tend to not have any acidity to them that cheap tomatoes have, and this is why they are prized. My experience has been that a good "fresh pack" California can of tomatoes are at least as flavorful-- and not as prefectly smooth and bland as SM can often be.

My understanding is that carrots are for sweetness instead of just adding sugar-- but I guess that could be seen as offsetting too much acidity. Carrots also add flavor and a little bulk and texture.

In my experience only the cheap-shit canned tomatoes tend to be overly acidic. Cento is a good brand that is widely available and I use them pretty much all the time. Sometimes Hunt's and the other stuff can be okay but it's a crap shoot. Genuine Neapolitan pizza uses SM tomatoes, but NY and American styles need something more acidic, and so a more acidic tomato is preferable.

You need good 'sta, good to's and of course extra virg' olo, parm' reg' is also a good idea.

1. Don't use spaghetti. Conchiglie is ideal but similar is fine too.
2. Time. It should be cooking for at least an hour if not two.
3. Related to above it needs to be fairly dry. Start 'wet' and let it reduce lid-off while cooking.
4. Good quality mince/ground beef.
5. Good wine.

Kys

There are people who don't salt their pasta water? I thought that was a joke like people rinsing it after it cooks.

>Also, remove the casing from Italian sausage and break it into pieces to brown in a pan. Degrease it and then add your sauce and let it simmer a bit first before pouring over the noodles.

This user is spot on. You can alternatively use bacon, pancetta etc.

Infinite brown sugar and MSG, and a hefty amount of salt. An Accent shaker will do the job, not as cost effective as bulk generic though.

don't get upsetti

the secret's in the "i"

>There are people who don't salt their pasta water?
What gets me is restaurants that don't salt their water, I worked this one kitchen that had a popular Mac and cheese. I mainly made fries and topped them with the cheese sauce (not for diners), then one day a tried it with the cavatappi pasta and it was pretty bad with unseasoned pasta. But our diners overlooked it or are just dumb and ordered the hell out of it.
I think the recipe went something like
1T butter
1oz candied maple bacon
6oz heavy cream
3 or 4 oz. Cheese (half smoked Gouda, half cheddar I believe)
House seasoning? Salt pepper garlic powder would work too
This recipe is for one serving, but they might have been the best fries I've ever had

But when I tried the pasta with it, it was such a let down.

Add 2Tablespoons of salt per gallon of water that's come to a boil

Don't let your menstruating date make it. Not making this one up, although it's supposed to be for all red sauced pasta dishes.

Wowza! Now that looks like some go' 'spa

just send me to Gamestop t b h

I don't get the problem, it's just blood

Barilla is like a 1 dollar a box

>when she's on the rag, never let her fry the ragu
youtu.be/GZAXE3-srfM

ketchup
powder chicken stock
water
diced hot dogs

cook the above together until hot and mix in cooked sketti. Don't bother with a collander. It saves on washing up.

>use spaghettini instead of spaghetti.
>use ground beef, fry it with green and red peppers, and some habaneros
>create tomato sauce, use sufficient pepper, add hot sauce
>combine
>use lots of parmesan

there you go.

Al dente.

whatis this a real thing that occurs

I can tell you if you want pic related is my spaghetti. It's better than everyone's that posted in this thread.

Nigga, your toast is garnished with a piece of boiled broccoli. There's zero chance that the rest of the dish is at all quality.

Nigger*, that broccoli is actually raw, because that's how I like it, and you get more nutrients out of it that way. Go back to school honky.

Nigga go fuck yourself.

Lol! not just a white boy, but one with inferior intelligence.

>garnished your toast with broccoli.

>didn't even toss the pasta

Wow user I bet mommy is impressed her son with downs made himself a meal. You can have an extra cookie tonight!

Use decent pasta and fresh sauce, ideally make your own. Barilla is pretty shit tier, i don't know what you can get in the us but de Cecco is pretty good and widely available in all of Europe, so maybe you can get it.

How about you post some spaghetti you made and I'll judge you.

A ceramic coated cast iron pot, mirepoix, garlic, roasting/reducing your canned tomatoes for over 2 hours. Ask an italian grandmother.

Huh?

this cooked for 2 hours or more.

Oh let me get out of bed and make some fucking spaghetti at 230am because the retard wants me to

Your plate sucks. Deal with it. Everyone here will agree.

Still can't read I see.

Something sweet, either it wine or mirepoix.

won't it burn?

I don't take pictures of spaghetti because it's easy as fuck to make and not something to be proud of. I'm sorry your deconstructed getti was something that made you jump up and down. If I was served that in a restraint I would walk out without paying. I can read. You can't cook.

Simmer it on medium low. Just get it to bubble so it reduces and gets sweeter.

what's the best jar spaghetti sauce?

i'm gonna brown some ground beef and italian sausage with some chopped onions, green/red peppers and I want a decent sauce

This actually seems like a good idea. How do y'all think putting my GF's menstrual fluid or even urine into the sauce would improve it? I seriously want to do this now