For what purpose?

For what purpose?

Im not the kind of person who thinks the govemn't is trying to poison us and make our babies gay but that many additives seems unnecessary.

Other urls found in this thread:

walmart.com/c/ep/unsweetened-tea
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The beverage on the right is not Green Tea and not marketed as such. It is a green-tea-based and green-tea-flavored soda.

but Japan's level of cholesterol clearly says OMG on the label. Scary.

Not sure if govt produces beverages or just retarded

I bet that water+green tea in a bottle tastes like trash

What would it take to make Americans drink unsweetened black tea?

mmmm mmm mmmmm cherry picking season

I just tasted them side by side, the Japanese one tastes like regular brewed green tea and the other one tastes like green tea flavored juice.

>soda

sugar content may be on par with soda, but it's not carbonated.

Most Americans wouldn't buy cold unsweetened tea.

Both still contain dihydrogen monoxide, and 100% of people who drink it die.

Remember, big words = dangerous for consumption

>Most Americans wouldn't buy cold unsweetened tea
.....damn dude.

Never been to the south have you?

That's cold, but it's sweet as fuck. Some places do have "unsweet tea", but that's really just so that the diner can adjust the sweetness level to their taste. Sweet-as-fuck iced tea is the norm here in the south.

All the cold tea in the south is flooded with sugar.

I already do.

Plenty of people drink unsweetened iced tea here.

t. Southerner

Yeah, but the people who drink the sugarbomb stuff outnumber you 10:1.

the thing on the right is flavored and sweetened tea, they sell tea that is completely unsweetened in america as well it's just obviously marketed differently, sugary drinks in japan are just as bad in terms of sugar content

It's Aldis brand, yo.
What did you expect?

I hate you so much.

Kek chemistry

Only my diabetic grandma. Fucking commie.

>dihydrogen monoxide
Next time, use "hydric acid", it's less well known. I only learned it recently myself.

Wait wtf, water is ph 7 by definition, how can it be classified as acid

Water ionizes into H+ and OH- which technically can add additional H+ ions which lowers pH, so technically water can be classified as a weak acid or base depending on reaction

oh cool. another nitpicky image.

i bought japanese green tea once and it was just as bad in terms of ingredients as lipton ice tea.

full of sugar and all of that shit.

>For what purpose?

To hook as many people as possible and sell more beverages.

>What would it take to make Americans drink unsweetened black tea?
The American South =/= all of America.

This graph has no basis on
anything at all
like what the fuck
How was this supposed to be measured

That's economics and business for you

Massive faggots, both of you.

Dumbass lmao

OP, those aren't similar products. Once is a lemon flavored sweet tea, and the other is simply brewed tea (might even be powdered green if the truth is known). Unsweetened green tea, btw, is pretty grassy and not as deliciously delicate like a brewed black or white.

>What would it take to make Americans drink unsweetened black tea?
Just buy unsweet tea then dumbass. They sell it you know, or you can brew your own. My grocery sells it by the gallon daily brewed, as well as let's see, Gold Peak, Pure Leaf, Honest, Fuze....

If you like Arizona, that's the last brand I think that doesn't have an unsweet, but only Diet with artificial sweeteners. You should also know that when people are buying bottled beverages, they are also looking for additives like Vitamin C, ginseng or something that kind of gives them a pick me up like the afternoon coffee break, and even calories do that, staves off hunger for a few.

They do in the midwest, but most other places it's not popular. That lipton pure leaf stuff is bretty good

Those are some juicy cherries son.

the pleasure is based on hedons and the quantity is obviously going to be based on the imperial system. But yea there are no notches on the graph to see how many hedons or pounds.

I know it's bullshit. I bought a bottle of Brio and it has more sugar in it than coke because they add more for the western market, the syrup tier amount of sweetness does not go with the bitter floral taste at all

my nigga. just drank a bottle

wtf i hate water now

They took the numbers out to manage your level of consumption of the graph. Haven't you learned anything from this graph?

Do people really put sugar in green tea?

you clearly have no idea what the fuck you are talking about

go back to your safe space

HOLY SHIT, BIG WORDS GUYS, DON'T EAT THE BANANA, IT'S LITERALLY I MEAN LITERALLY POISON

user i dont know how to tell you this, but it appears that youre retarded.

"The dose makes the poison."
-Paracelsus

I can't see exactly how much HFCS is in that drink but the fact that it's the second most prevalent ingredient doesn't bode well.

>organic compounds common to multicellular life
No problem here.

It's just a carbohydrate.

Cheapness.

If you want to market unsweetened green tea (especially to a nation of green tea drinkers) you have to start out with decent quality tea. Doing that in the US would be cost prohibitive for the mass market, where the average customer is willing to trade quality for a lower price in most situations. But Americans, particularly in the South really like sweet drinks. HFCS is totally cheap, and put enough of it in there it will overpower the off taste on the cheapest tea you can get. Still it may require some "natural flavors" to make it taste like much of anything. By the time it's that sweet the weak acid of the green tea isn't enough to keep it from tasting like syrup. Adding ascorbic acid will fix that, and maintain the color. The rest of the preservatives will allow it to sit on pallets in warehouses without climate control more or less indefinitely without the flavor changing in any noticeable way. That's a profitable set of specs for the US market.

don't buy shit tea, then

So was Hitler.

Even cheap Arizona tea. Just weak b8 from a hater of freedom.

>PREMIUM BREWED GREEN TEA USING FILTERED WATER, SUGAR, HONEY, NATURAL FLAVOR, CITRIC ACID, ASCORBIC ACID (VITAMIN C), GINSENG EXTRACT

kek

Americans are babies who can't eat something without a ton of fat and/or salt and/or sugar. They're permachildren, little manchildren and womenchildren. And I am american so I know. Everything here is so disgustingly sweet I have to make it myself if I want anything decent. The only flavor in most desserts is "sugar". You could probably smother cardboard in butter and sugar and americans would gobble it up.

Thankfully we DO sell unsweetened versions, usually, but they're less popular and less likely to be stocked in a small store.

Are you fucking retarded or can't you read? UNsweetened you southern fatass, has the sugar gotten to your brain? I made the mistake of getting a "sweet tea" while in the south and I spat it out, it was like sticking your mouth into a straight sack of sugar. I hope you fucks burn. I may hate shitlibs but I hate you more you obese sunburned overall wearing truck driving inbreds.

arizona zero calorie green tea? drinking some right now.

flyover detected

i'm not even from the usa and i know more about your country than your dumb ass

>dat cold bitter tea you can get at every fast food joint in dc

>cold tea

> naturally gluten and lactose free
I don't get how people could consider that a reason to buy a product that never contained any of these in the first place.
> diet water

Self loathing Americans are worse than libtards or inbred rednecks.

You should probably go die, the rest of the world hates you and youre a naturally submissive bitch.

>even walmart sell unsweetened tea

This is just embarrassing, OP.

walmart.com/c/ep/unsweetened-tea

Oh my God.

who /suntea/ here?

f the drink didn't contain all those ingredients, the manufacturers of all those chemicals would lose business. Would you be able to sleep at night knowing that all the workers at the sodium hexametaphosphate factory wouldn't be able to feed their families?

Sodium hexametaphosphate isn't made independently in a factory. It's just confusing chemist jargon for "we spit in your drink."

Sodium hexametaphosphate is a totally harmless substance that is also used in toothpaste. It probably effects the pH so that certain molecules don't denature as fast, thus "protecting the taste" as the OP pic says.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS UNSWEETENED TEA. WHAT KIND OF ASSHOLE SWEETENS A BEVERAGE THEN TAKES THE SUGAR OUT REEEEEEEEEE

Gave me a good chuckle

It's my god-given right to be sold food made to such abysmally low standards that it needs half the BASF catalog blended in using the most advanced technology known to humanity in order to be almost mostly not revolting. Food with recognizable biological properties is hippie bullshit that yuppies pretend to enjoy.

If you disagree with me you don't even know what DHMO is and are definitely not a smart STEM major like me.

COWFEE

kek

You wouldn't say that in sweltering hot no escape from the heat day

if you actually bought a bottle of plain green tea instead of intentionally showing a sugared soft drink for something to bitch about, it would match the Japanese product.

Has anybody a good recipe for southern unsweetened iced tea?
In my city in west germany it's easier to get obscure sodas from Sri Lanka then unsweet iced tea.

Unsweet iced tea isnt southern. Theres your answer.

the sugary soft drink green tea is way more common than the plain green tea
even then, the non sugary green teas still aren't just green tea + water
it's green tea plus citric acid and a bunch of other stuff to make sure that the tea tastes the way americans want green tea to taste

There's tons of unsweetened brands in the US. If nobody's buying them why the fuck are they on my local con store and supermarket shelves? Shit like Pure Leaf, Tea's Tea, Gold Peak, even lipton has an unsweetened variety.

Also: it's 2016. All your weeb teas get imported over here anyway.

Fine, just for you im going out right now and i'll photo every green tea bottle i can find.

It taste like fucking green tea. Which is annoying because in Japan they have about 10 different flavors and brands green tea and brown tea and the smallest little tiny section for juice, soda, and anything else that isn't tea.

I work at a restaurant in the midwest and it's our second most popular drink after diet coke.

I only order either unsweetened tea or water from restaurants and I am from the Midwest
t. Kansan

The only thing i found marketed as green tea was liptons green tea.

Does not even mention that bananas are radioactive.

Nice cherry pick

Water is constantly reacting with itself, forming conjugate acid and Base. The temperature of the water can cause the pH to change due to its effect on this reaction. Your tap water is normally closer to 7.5 anyways

>t. Environmental Lab sample logger that analysed nearly every house in the country this year.

Amphoteric substances make my dick hard

The fact that you Americunts have to call it "unsweetened" instead of just "Green Tea" is hilarious. There is no way you can defend yourselves

Oh look, it's another one of those threads where we cherrypick the bad things Americans do and the good things other cultures do.

It's not like we have three dozen of these every hour.

Unsweetened, unflavoured Green Tea is just not a thing in the west. Personally I prefer it simple, but then of course I am a huge weeb. The part i really don't understand is why they use sugar and not artificial sweetener. I small amounts the difference is not that obvious and it would make a 0 cal beverage. Same goes for yoghurt, milkshakes, kefir, buttermilk, pudding etc. People would get 500 cal less a day.

ITT: People wont admit their food quality is extremely poor.

Haha

seriously
>mfw europeans complain about cold tea and iced coffee when the hottest it ever gets in most of western europe is like 25 celsius

Then fuck the south.

Fuck you

FUCKING
THIS
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
ITS TEA VS. SWEETENED TEA

>diet coke
What kind

>he thinks all soft drinks must be carbonated

sup flyover?

>natural flavor

>double guarantee
Do they both refund your money and give you a replacement? Sounds like a good way to farm both money and food in real life.

Soda is always carbonated. That's what the name means.