Hey guys Veeky Forums here

hey guys Veeky Forums here

guys whats a low fat/low cal way to season chicken and not have it taste like white bread? trying to lose weight and not eat disgusting food

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iTk6TbgmNNo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Salt. It's not fucking rocket science.

already use salt, looking for something a little more complex than that. thanks anyways user

Every.Single.Day.

sage
curry powder
pepper + lemon

Spices n shit then.

Take the 5 second to open a tab, go to google and type in the 16 hardest letters of your life "chicken seasoning" in that particular order, and hit Enter.

have you tried cooking it till it's juicy, and not dry? im not talking about ja/ck/ kind of juicy. I barely season my chicken now a days

Ask Veeky Forums.

Veeky Forums is for people who actually like food.

no that's why I'm asking, I want to find a middle ground

salt, pepper, garlic powder, chilli flakes

>Veeky Forums is for people who binge on junk food
fixed that for you

t. catalog

Adding more seasoning to the one meat you're allowing yourself to eat is not 'liking' food. Venture with fish and other kinds of meat, venture with different cooking and preparation methods, venture with different utensils and apparatus.

If your opposition is 'but muh gainz' or 'muh diet,' you can eat healthy by implementing a variety of dishes and types of food. Falling for the hivemind 'oats and chicken every day' Veeky Forums diet is like going to Veeky Forums once and then actually going into public wearing tight monochrome meme clothing.

Don't be a replica.

oh believe me I have a varied and healthy diet, I'm just looking for advice on seasoning chicken.

>Posting all this shit when he's only asking for seasoning.

Pure autism

>t. fatty

you looking for a garnish or a marinade?

Oh, then I recommend experimenting with easy marinades. Ones with yogurt (thick, greek or 'natural' kinds) can render the meat incredibly juicy.

And as said above, simple can sometimes be surprisingly good. Don't underestimate fresh pepper from an actual grinder. A little rub of olive oil can brown a simple salt+pepper cut, too.

I'm 115 lb.
A major sign of autism is parrot behavior, such as typing the word 'autism' more than 10 times a day.

>A little rub of olive oil
this mang

lol a skelly then

No, I'm well-distributed for my height. I'm 5'2.

>1⁄2 cup - salt
>1⁄4 cup - hot chili powder
>1⁄4 cup - paprika
>2 tbs - onion powder
>2 tbs - garlic powder
>1 tsp - cround cumin
>1 tbs - cayenne pepper
>2 tbs - dried thyme
>2 tbs - dried basil
>2 tbs - dried oregano
>2 tbs - powdered coriander
>1⁄2 tsp - fine white pepper
>1 tbs - coarse black pepper

Throw all that in a jar and shake the shit out of it.
Sprinkle a good couple of piches on your chicken and rub it in.
Grill it.

One of the things you can do for extreme flavor and lusciousness is not buy boneless breasts, but bone-in and skin-on breasts and slow down the cooking, or doing one pot meals where your bones can flavor a lot of sauce or rice.

Rotate your shake n bake flavors. Lemon-herb profile. Southern breading with poultry seasoning (sage based). Cracker crumb vs corn flake crumb vs pretzel crumb vs different bread crumbs from your leftovers like pumpernickel. BBQ rubs. Ethnic BBQ versions like jerk, hoisin, sriracha, sweet chili, peanut thai, caribbean curry. Rubs meant for other categories of meat, like old bay, everglades seasoning, chimmichurri, blackened fish, or falafel mix.

Try marinating 15 minutes in every kind of salad dressing, from makoto ginger to champagne vinaigrette to green goddess, even 5 minutes is enough. I love a buttermilk marinade, but I don't often buy it unless I'm baking a cake or some biscuits from scratch. But, I always have plain greek yogurt at home. It's a terrific marinade. Look into yogurt chicken recipes (I prep the night before and put the whole corning ware dish into the oven right in the marinade).

Think of Rotel and other flavored tomatoes the base of a chicken n rice bake. Brown chicken pieces, top with canned tomatoes, onions, lemons, rice, and whatever liquid is needed outside of the tomato juice poured from the cans. Couscous is good too. Also, plainly seasoned chicken, salt, pepper, olive oil, either lemon or garlic, is good enough if you have sides you do with more flavor. Or a dipping sauce you whipped up like mustard-curry like chicken kitchen, peruvian aji, or some chutneys/salsas.

femanon?

Why, want to go on a date?

>trying this hard
if this doesn't come out well i'm gonna be upset

Make some chicken tendies

Bruh, that makes enough to do a hundred fucking chicken breasts.
I last made a batch about 18 months ago and it's nowhere close to finished.
It's also good on pork and white fish. Get on that shit right now.

if you say so. i'll get to it eventually

Probably manlet trap

yes

>seasonings will make me fat

Nigga, shut the fuck up. Just lay off the sugary sauces and dips. Go nuts with herbs and spices.

And go lift heavy things so your body has something to do with the things you eat beyond make fat and feces.

dry seasoning powders from the spice aisle. I like spicy sazón

pro-tip: eat once a day. Makes it really easy to track how many calories you're consuming if you eat them all at once; helps you feel fuller too. look up intermittent fasting

Spices dont kill you.

>poach chicken breast
>slice, let cool
>assemble green salad with whatever greens you like
>dress with mixture of chinkiang vinegar, oyster sauce, and flaxseed meal
>toss

I've been trying to shed a few pounds myself, and I was recently advised to take it easy with greasy food due to GERD, hence thickening the dressing with flaxseed meal, rather than some oil.

This shit goes great on chicken.

>hey guys Veeky Forums here

What does this have to do with anything?

At least it's good to make me know not to help you within the first sentence.

not op but i guess it shows he doesn't have prior experience with cooking?

Cumin, Cayenne, and chili powder.
No salt.
Cut some garlic and onions and put them on top and around the chicken in the same pan, drizzle in olive oil, bake it all at 375 10-4 minutes each side, mix in your rice and add whatever sauces you want.

kek

fat Veeky Forums
its so ripe

*10-14

I like using pic related along with a little salt and pepper. Then baste with whatever sauce you like.

Use spices, rub a bit of oil on it

Marinate it

Make fajitas with it

Shred it and put it in salad

butterfly it, score it, dunk it in dry white wine with herbs and spices (whatever you like)
wait two hours
dry out, rub generously with salt, pepper and paprika or curry powder
put in hot pan, with a teaspoon of chicken fat, or high-temp oil, and a sprig of thyme
flip once, take out of pan, take pan off heat
throw in a bit of mashed garlic
pan back on
deglaze pan with more white wine
reduce
discard thyme, put jus on top of chicken breast (which is now rested) and serve immediately

That would render basically all of Veeky Forums redundant.

Whom are you quoting?

I like cumin , black pepper , and salt.

tons of herbs, such as thyme, mint, basil, rosemary and so on
a tablespoon of oil, a tablespoon of mustard, a lemon's juice and zest, some pepper and some salt
stir together
let it sit 30 minutes up to an hour (more and the lemon will make the meat mushy)
skewer and grill over coal or pat dry to pan sear it
it's finished at 150-155 deg

the person I replied to

youtube.com/watch?v=iTk6TbgmNNo

You could make chicken tikka, that's always quite nice.

Stir-fry in very little oil with peppercorns and spices.

Even if you're Veeky Forums, assuming you aren't a hobbit your maintenance will be at least 1800kcal which means 500kcal/meal if you eat 3, with a 300kcal buffer for snacks. Don't fret about it, just eat reasonable portions and cook it how you want it.

Yeah, fuck this guy, trying to discuss shit on a discussion board.

i use oregano, salt, black pepper, and garlic when im feeling lazy desu

Lemon, garlic, parsley, capers, basil, curry powder, cilantro, lime, pepper, coconut milk.

I've found the best chicken seasoning to be potato a little bit of baking powder, some potato starch, and some flour.

First mix together a little bit of baking powder and potato starch. Roll the chicken into the mixture and shake it off.

Then add some more potato starch, some flour, and some water. You want the mixture to have the consistency of something like pancake batter, maybe a little thinner.

Then you dip the chicken in the batter and then put the chicken into a pot of 350 degree oil. Take out when golden brown.

Google is a meme

All of Veeky Forums is redundant unless you want to discuss fast food or the ontology of sandwiches and 'zas

add Dijon mustard and black pepper

Veeky Forums here. You should try eating more instead you skeleton.

salt, pepper, garlic, thyme, basil

You literally cannot cook chicken breasts without fat. Ops problem no doubt is that he's baking, steaming or boiling it instead of frying it or something.

I don't understand why people buy skinless boneless chicken breasts. I really don't. Even a whole chicken is lean. This was a two kg bird I personally cut up and weighed (sans wings because you can't really measure those) , making sure to weigh the skin separately but still add it to the total. It's still lean. If you roast a chicken, several tablespoons of fat renders out of the skin any way. These are the results from a whole raw chicken. Let's be incredibly conservative and say 3 tablespoons of fat renders out of a chicken, that's 40 or so grams of fat. Your whole cooked chicken would have 40 grams of fat and 250 grams of protein.

Just make a basic dry rub and cook your chicken. If you want to be some sort of autist you could use sugar free maple syrup and soy sauce. Whatever.

Here's my work.

season with salt and garlic powder. maybe cayenne, ground thyme or sage, maybe curry, whatever you're cooking for. rub with oil if it's a lean cut. let it sit for a few hours. undercook it slightly. bam

try not overcooking your chicken you mongloid, it doesn't need fat if you leave it slightly pink. you're not gonna get muh salmonella muh food poisoning muh baww

Anyone here willing to give a little advice? I accidentally bought chicken breast tenders rather than normal, full-sized ones.

How long do I cook them, and at what temperature? I've read things saying to cook them 475 at 20 minutes, but I cooked normal chicken breasts at 375 for 15 minutes and they were completely done.

Any advice?

>undercooked chicken
Pigfuck disgusting.

wrap it in bacon and then deep fry it in Crisco Lard

Wrap them in bacon...

>Any advice?

Yeah. Don't try and figure out a magic number for the time in advance. Just check on the food as it's cooking and take it out when it's done.

If It were me, I'd saute them in a pan. It's faster than the oven, uses less energy than the oven, and makes it easier to monitor their cooking process so you know when they're done.

Any form of Paprika chili power salt pepper and/or garlic powder. There's no reason why you can't get creative and try different spices.

hahahah shut up man

I still eat chicken breasts a lot. But your point still stands because I marinate it in full fat yogurt and make poo in the loo shish kababs.

Emerills Essence is dank on chicken.