Supermarkets

What is your favourite supermarket Veeky Forums?

Personally I like Sainsbury's, I think the meat quality is good and it's not too expensive. When I get the opportunity I stock up at Lidl but the range of branded goods there is terrible.

Sainsbury
Tesco
Asda
Aldi
Lidl
Waitrose
morrisons

HEB obviously.

i'm not a fucking poorfag to shop with all the plebian thanks

God-tier.

Correct on putting Morrison's at the bottom, it's absolute trash

I have only ever been to Asda and Tesco when visiting. The workers at Tesco were slightly less shit so I'd say they're better.

King Soopers (Kroger) and Sprouts

I know right, I think its because its northern

ASDA is British Walmart so it's terrible by default. It's like a cheap discount supermarket in perceived quality but not actually cheap.

Waitrose wipes the floor with every other UK supermarket desu.

I quite like asdas.

I find spices as Asda beat Asian store spices quite a lot of the time.

>asdas

Dutch d00de often visiting
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
Often I rank it
Jumbo(Dutch)
SPAR(interN)
Tesco
Sainbury's
ALDI
LIDL
Plus(Dutch)
Albert Heijn(Dutch),the "higher-end" supermarket here,Its a load of shit,it just looks nice,thats it.

BR here
Lived in the UK for a couple months
All markets are fine except for LIDL

Would always leave pissed off for taking too long to find stuff, and the stores often didn't sell what I wanted

Prefer Lidl meat to Sainsburys OP.
Also Sainsburys is owned by an arab

I use Morrisons all the time its fine.
Its all down to personal preference. I cant stand Sainsburys or Tescos

Lidl meat is good but nothing else is. Veg from there goes off too soon.

Fred Meyers is God-tier

I think we can all agree that M&S is shit. Really kitsch marketing (they do this well though) then the store is a complete letdown, most of it is ready-made and worse than Waitrose but a similar price. It's aimed at plebeians who want to feel classy for a worknight meal.

I got banned or muted for posting a Waitrose General once. I copied the thread template from a similar enthusiast topic on another board but obviously it wasn't appropriate here for some reason.

Faster turnover possibly?

Lidl have good prices. I saw red grapefruits for 29p the other day. I think a lot of variables depend on your particular store.

Waitrose seems to be best just from the amount of things they spend that extra revenue on.

Does Wegmans count?

I really miss Wegmans

>tfw incredibly home sick recently

ALDI
LIDL
DD
IL

ALDI = LIDL > Morrisons = Asda > Tesco = Iceland > Sainsburies > Coop > MnS

who's lucky enough to have a lucky's market here? not very many of them but they are awesome.

It's too far from me so I end up going to publix, costco, and local places mostly.

Didldidi

lidl/aldi>>>>>>>>>>>>>>morrisons meat/bakery>>iceland for some nasty council estate food for when drunk and don't want to pay iranians a fortune for shitty pizza

I always perceived Waitrose as being super overpriced. Just moved to a town with one - is it worth trying?

I generally cook from scratch so I'm not particularly fussed by their middle class ready meals but do they have interesting 'staple' foods?

Iceland is for rare purchases only, frozen desserts etc.

Once you start shopping regularly there the next thing you know you'll be waking up one day with 12 kids living in a caravan and having a diet of oven chips and fags.

I've always wanted to see what Waitrose was like but Northern Ireland is too poverty to have one.

Wegman's master race

>king soopers
>affordable, produce isn't up to par
>god tier discounts and dairy
>sells kroger brand

>albertsons/safeway
>expensive

>whole fools and trader joes
>obscenely expensive

>farmers market/sprouts
>pretty damn good famalam
>expensive if not on sale

>random asian grocers
>cheap, have to into moonrunes

My nigger.

lidl + aldi for the basics

sainsys/waitrose/m&s for extra bits

yeah. I go in if I plan on getting drunk that night, I like their hot dog stuffed crust pizzas and sometimes I'll half one of their cheesecakes or shitty gateuxs

Pacific Northwest grocery tier:

Fred Meyers
Asian Grocer
Farmers Market
Trader Joe's
Safeway pre-Haggen buyout
QFC
Walmart
Canned Foods/Discount Grocery stuff with bizarre off brand shit.

Seriously Fred Meyers is the best unless your Farmers Market is really good. They might be more costly than Walmart but at least the products are good, the deli and bakery are seldom shit, and there aren't enough scooty puffs for the land whales.

Waitrose isn't really overpriced. The branded stuff is around the same price as the other supermarkets. As someone who actually likes cooking I find it good because its slightly "premium" they stock a better variety of ingredients and often better quality ones. Especially if you want to cook Asian/Indian/Italian sorta or whatever.

Sainsburys is my favourite as its the most middle of the road in terms of quality/price imo
Then probably Waitrose
I use a tesco metro occasionally its fine.

Don't really go to the others I don't like ASDA tho would prefer to shop in lidl/aldi honestly.

I actually think MnS is quite cool in that they have some specialty stuff, I like the crisps/biscuits they sell and also the bread products, so will go there sometimes at the end of the week.

as a true patrician and patron of the art of sûpërmärché I exclusively shop at netto

Lidl is the only one I got in my country, and it's a kinda shit tier chain.

I remember when they were advertised by the woman with big tits

That's a funny way to say Asda, user.

Can you purchase firearms at Asda?

Prepared Food
>Wegmans

Deli
>Publix

Bakery
>Publix

Value
>Kroger

Customer Service
>Publix

I can't give an overall rating because there's just too many stores out there.

M&S has better tasting fruit/veg/meat (basically anything fresh) compared to Waitrose. Waitrose is okay in the section but it's GOAT in everything else, it has a really fucking good selection.

I agree with pretty much everything in your post except the part about Sainsburys. IMHO they stock TESCO/Morissons quality at Waitrose prices. Perhaps the one I have near me is just too small.

It's a great place to buy food on the expiry date.

We've had us a Lucky's here in Gainesville for a while now. Really great when they have $1.88/lb bonelesss/skinless chicken breast and other such deals, and you can drink a pint for cheap while you're shopping if you're into that. Haven't tried any of their prepared foods, but I'm thinking about getting a job part-time there so I'll probably end up having some soon. They sell a lot of organic/'natural'/hipster beard oil/avocado essence type shit that I don't even know what it's for or why it costs so much. The "bulk" rolled oats actually cost more than buying them in the cardboard tube. I don't know why they even have a frozen section because everything there costs 5 times as much as any other store. Ward's down the road is a better option most of the time barring sale prices.

Publix is still the king of the southern supermarkets. Clean stores, happy helpful employees, elder god-tier sandwiches and chicken. Only buy BOGO and shit that's on sale, their regular prices are usually too high.

Winn-Dixie should get an honorable mention for their liquor store deals, just remember to bring your card.

We have a Trader Joe's here in town but I never go there. Everything they sell has had a recall because of contamination at some point, and that's because everything they sell is bottom-tier "organic" shit that gets covered in bacteria-ridden literal shit and then frozen and put in a bag.

There's also a Fresh Market here in town and I've only been there once because I don't usually like to have dicks in my ass all that much.

Still waiting for Wegman's to show up down here and show people how this shit is done.

Absolute shit below shit tier

>Haggen

I'm so fucking happy these assholes had to file for bankruptcy
>hey, we're taking over half the markets in your county
>our selection is shit and everything is twice the price!
>even our employees don't know how the name is pronounced!
I was terrified that the douchebag hipsters would be all over that shit like 6$ cups of coffee and we'd be stuck with it forever. but lo and behold it's a christmas fucking miracle, people actually refused to overpay for shit quality for once.

lidl has gotten a heck of a lot better in recent times.
I guess I like Kvickly because it's close by, though.

Agreed on the fruit. I've found that Sainsbury's and Tesco's are awful at fruit.

Not only is the quality generally better at M&S (though not always), it has a greater variety.

Asda is interesting on fruit - they stock different breeds frequently but keep the packaging and price the same.

I find M&S and Waitrose discount their items much more generously than Tesco's, Sainsbury's, or Asda as well.

Pub-Subs alone would make it my favorite supermarket. But, customer service and the buy one get one deals are pretty great, too.

my nigga

I'm going to miss it, once I leave Texas.

Wegman's is so comfy
Also they have better donuts than any place around here

>Northwest
>No Winco Foods

Lidl isn't glod for a full shop, but you can find some surprisingly good quality shit in there of you look carefully.

But one problem

WHEN THERE IS A FUCK OFF MASSIVE QUEUE YOU SHOULD OPEN MORE THAN ONE CHECKOUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

WinCo is the shit. Keeps me from starving to death.

I remember when Tesco Meal Deal you could get:

All Day Breakfast 'wich
Real McCoys
Orange Juice

ALL for £2GBP