I need more potassium in my diet, but I can't make too many drastic changes or add any more calories...

I need more potassium in my diet, but I can't make too many drastic changes or add any more calories, and the supplements are kind of worthless.

I was looking at bulk potassium citrate but it's pretty expensive.

Then I found out salt-free salt is made of potassium chloride. And it's crazy cheap.

I know they kind of use that to literally kill people, but would it be safe in small doses as a supplement?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Thorne-Research-Potassium-Highly-Absorbable-Supplement/dp/B000FGWBPG/ref=sr_1_8_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1468971328&sr=8-8&keywords=potassium supplement
youtu.be/UqcONoahlmQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No.

Eat a fucking banana.

No.

Eat some fucking beans.

Yes.

Fuck the bananas.

14 cents a pill. wow so expensive
amazon.com/Thorne-Research-Potassium-Highly-Absorbable-Supplement/dp/B000FGWBPG/ref=sr_1_8_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1468971328&sr=8-8&keywords=potassium supplement

>supplements
Look at him and laugh

Each pill contains 100mg of sodium. Of the recommended daily 5000mg.

Which is why I said the supplements are basically worthless.

Whereas 1g of potassium chloride contains 500mg, and costs about three cents.

...And by sodium I mean potassium.

you're right bro you should take the potassium chloride fuck the haters K for life.

>I know they kind of use that to literally kill people, but would it be safe in small doses as a supplement?

Just don't inject it and you shouldn't have to worry about that, the LD50 is like three grams per kilogram of body weight so just don't eat it by the bowlful

Bananas. Are you a moron?

Everyone's saying bananas, OP. Do you think bananas are gay or something?

God potassium salt (called imitation salt around here) has a nasty chemical taste to it that i trul cant stand,

I love bananas, it's just that I would have to eat six "large" bananas every day. On top of the one that I already eat every day.

Shove a banana up your ass.

I'm not sure I could shove it far enough. Most potassium absorption is in the smaller intestine.

I bet that in a blind test you couldn't tell the difference.

>but would it be safe in small doses as a supplement?
It tastes bad and carries some health risks. And, you could have a congenital defect or propensity to make it even more dangerous, something you might not even be aware of...

Bananas, dark and winter veggies, beans, dairy. If subsequent blood tests show you to be deficient, then something else could be wrong with you or with your diet. If your diet sucks, fix it.

>and carries some health risks.
citation needed

>the LD50 is like three grams per kilogram of body weight so just don't eat it by the bowlful
Which is about the same as salt.

nah senpai get the raw metal and stick it under your tongue

if you prefer food to chemicals, every day eat a banana, a kiwi, a few dried apricots, and some mango
that should net >2000 mg right there
one less teaspoon of fake salt I suppose

EAT FUCKING POTATOES

>if you prefer food to chemicals
You could have just said "if you're a retard"

youtu.be/UqcONoahlmQ

>censored

>{you}

Bananas are not that fantastic of a source of potassium. Just eat more vegetables and fruits generally, there's plenty of potassium in most of them. If you fail to get 5 grams of potassium a day, it just means that your diet is shit overall. Of course bananas and potatoes are still very good and bring you closer to the goal of 5 grams of potassium. Tomato products of all kinds, including sauces, cans and concentrates, have at least around twice the amount of potassium per calorie as bananas and potatoes.

>the supplements are kind of worthless
Why? Potassium is easily absorbed by the body.

Most fruits and vegetables are loaded with potassium. Coconut water is a popular natural supplement, too. Unless you are an endurance athlete, an alcoholic or drink 12 cups of coffee per day I can't imagine how anyone could possibly be deficient in potassium.