Why do people like sweet sauce with chicken? Its not bad...

Why do people like sweet sauce with chicken? Its not bad, but its like melting a candy and pouring it all over the chicken... whod come up with that.

Shit that tastes good but that is objectively strange/senseless thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/01/hoisin-sauce.html
youtube.com/watch?v=-paa3wwGWww
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Kinda funny, because without the sauce you just have chicken nuggets made with real meat. I actually used to make it and the sauces.

Meat + sweet = good!

It's a fine line and if you cross it the meal is ruined, but a little sweet and sour makes meat really stand out and shine. Ketchup is just sugar and vinegar. Half the Asian meat sauces are mildly sweet. Have you ever tried mango chutney with your chicken? Cranberry jelly goes on turkey roast. It really isn't a stretch.

You just overdid it. Use less sauce. Don't pour it over your chicken but dip your chicken in it for more flavor control.

>whod come up with that
filthy korea

I ran the numbers on some sweet Asian sauces, Teriyaki and Hoisin. Teriyaki has almost three times as much sugar as ketchup. Hoisin is almost four times.

I lifted the recipes from SeriousEats. Store bought Hoisin (Lee Kum Kee, which seems to be popular) has only three times as much sugar as ketchup.

Are there less sweet sauce? I'm not familiar with Asian cuisine.

I also tried two chutneys from SeriousEats, a regular, and a spiced one. Regular is over three times ketchup. Spiced actually has only 75% of the sugar in ketchup.

I don't think your numbers are right. Kraft and Heinz ketchup have more sugar than anything else. Double that and you can't call it a sauce as it obviously has become syrup. Maybe the baseline ketchup you ran the numbers against is tomato sauce?

it's not that odd when you consider it and view history. it's sweet + savory. Meat and raisins have been stewed together since forever

Well tomato ketchup has about 20g of sugar per 100 while hoisin has 60g per 100.

its fucking white people who love to put fucking fruit with meat what a stupid fucking idea

You use eggs in most baking, which is just chicken fetus.

>unfertilized egg is a fetus

Interesting. What about HFCS?

Heinz Ketchup is 4g per TBSP. (8 TBSP to a half cup) so 32g sugar. per half cup.

Hoisin recipe: seriouseats.com/recipes/2012/01/hoisin-sauce.html Half a cup yield.

6 TBSP brown sugar + 2 tsp honey. 72g + 17g,

so about 90g sugar per half cup.

LKK Hoisin is 20g per 30ml. Or 80g per half cup.

but you end up using way less because it's so strong tasting

I use one or two tablespoons of hoisin for an entire dish.

I use that much ketchup on 3 fries.

Probably because it contains over three times the salt of ketchup too.

Really makes you think

I'm sick of idiots saying our American sauces like ketchup are too sugary when the chinks stuff is 3 times as worse

We must stop the misinformation.

>hoisin has 60g per 100.

where are you getting that from? that's a hilariously strong syrup

Asian cuisine doesn't use sugar as condiment. It's an ingredient, not something you pour over your meal after it is served.

Imagine mixing your fries with one serving of ketchup, not dipping them in ten.

>Asian cuisine doesn't use sugar as condiment. It's an ingredient, not something you pour over your meal after it is served.

you are just saying stuff without even considered for a second if it is remotely true

Hoisin sauce actually is about 1/3 sugar

Heinz ketchup is 1/4 sugar, but that doesn't cover corn syrup yet

and where are you getting that from?

You're just trolling.

Google

>that doesn't cover corn syrup

What

asian cuisine does use sweet sauces as a condiment.

as in, the google result when you type in 'sugar content of hoisin'? the 27g one?

Everyone does that, nigger.

Exactly.

Listen chingchong, this very thread has proven your sauces use more salt and sugar than Americans. Go shitpost somewhere else.

no you dumb cumskin white people very specifically take raw fruit and put them beside meat it's fucking disgusting shit

So is this just bible belt dumbrage, or is the food lobby paying professional trolls for this?

No

half-chink, half nip here

we don't use the straight up bottled/jarred sauces as condiment, they are primarily used as cooking sauces

our dipping sauces are watered down mixtures of those pre-made sauces

what is that a screenshot of? can you show the wider context?

and that's why you amerifat cumskins are unhealthy obese fucks

So hoisin sauce is 50% sugar and Heinz ketchup is less than 23%

Glad that's settled.

Blue Dragon Hoisin Sauce

that's like saying orange juice concentrate has more sugar than just orange juice

hoisin sauce is not a condiment

Interestingly, per calorie, Hoisin is 72 % sugar, while Ketchup is 89%.

user, I can guarantee you if there are two edible things, someone somewhere has tried combining them. This is true for all edible things.

Yes it is.
Specifically, Blue Dragon Hoisin Sauce is sold as a condiment and is at least twice as bad for you as Heinz Ketchup.

AMERICA>>>>>>>>>ASIA

I wonder if asia will get half the hate America does for being unhealthy.

How many times are you going to be proven wrong itt?

different serving size

Heinz Ketchup is GMO tomato paste, GMO corn fermented to vinegar concentrate, HFCS, and a little flavoring. It's Monsanto's wet dream and probably the reason the US raises retards by the barrel load. Now they're no longer content just exporting the shit, they're goint to make you eat it. That's what the trade agreements are about, big business suing nation states over having health standards.

'objectively strange'

really throwing that word around arent we

Even Heinz is using real sugar for its high brow condiments.

>falling for gwai lo and gaijin marketing

What do you water them down with?
Water? Boiled water? Warm water? Bottled water?

Which sauces are popular condiments?

I add crushed garlic and diced ginger to my hoisin, sometimes even chili. Is this common? And are there other well known recipes that enhance sauces as condiments?

>scraping the barrel this hard

Face it, you lied, were proven wrong and now won't accept it.

I'm not even the that guy, just trying to help you understand what serving size is.

But they have the same serving size.

Not sure what's going on in your head but you're arguing rudely with several people. Veeky Forums isn't one guy.

not him, but i could easily use a few tablespoons of ketchup for a thing of fries as opposed to only a table spoon or less of hoisin sauce for an equivalent flavor experience

yes, that's because hoisin has much more sugar and salt than ketchup, but because you are consuming less net volume of the stuff, you end up ingesting a similar amount of sugar and salt

the suggested serving size on the packaging is crock

Sounds like you are just making things up now to suit your argument.

Just room temp water, sesame oil, ginger paste, chopped green onions.

Plum sauce, Worcestershire, and sweet soy sauce (water, dark soy sauce, sugar) is popular with dim sum. Ginger/scallion oil, sweet soy sauce, and a watered down hoisin sauce is common for chinese bbq takeout lunch boxes to flavor the white rice.

Other than that, condiments aren't really a thing in chink food because we flavor the food while cooking and make the sauce while cooking. usually it boils down to some mixture of chicken stock, different soy sauces, cooking wine, sesame oil, chili oil, and a touch of corn starch slurry.

>projecting this hard
attack my argument you pansy bitch

Awesome, thanks!

Wow, I feel so proud to be an American right now

youtube.com/watch?v=-paa3wwGWww

Oyster sauce in small amounts is also a frequent condiment for choi sum and other plain leafy veg.

Lee kum kee makes a bottled sweet soy sauce that's ready to use as a finishing sauce for rice dishes.

I don't know. I like my oyster sauce hot. Would not use as condiment.

You don't have an argument. You're literally saying that because someone could use less of it, that makes it better for you. You have absolutely no evidence about what the real serving sizes are, and until you provide some there's no reason to believe that asians use less hoisin in cooking than Americans use ketchup. And that's ignoring how much asians use ketchup in their cooking.

>Asians in general
>Americans in general
>America = US
This thread has turned into one massive polarizing generalization.

>America = US

We claimed it by being the only country to put it in our name.

>Why do people like sweet sauce
Because it's sweet, you dumb fuck.

well ure not gonna like it on a piece of shit or on a piece of plastic. you fumb duck.

I hate sweet food that isn't dessert. the sweetest thing I'll accept anywhere near a meat dish is a lime.