Changing Tastes

We've all gained a taste for something. Have you ever lost a taste for something? Like something you used to enjoy suddenly becomes unbearable?

Other urls found in this thread:

skeptics.stackexchange.com/questions/10828/do-your-taste-buds-change-every-seven-years
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I used to love crab when i was little, but i can't stand the stuff now.

probably doesn't count but i used to eat 2-3 dozen eggs a week and they suddenly started making me shit and vomit uncontrollably so i can't eat them any more

fucking sucks

Soda, candy, shelf stable desserts (e.g. twinkies/ho-hos), basically anything overloaded with sugar/hfcs.

I like the taste of coffee but it makes me feel bad, but that might just be because of the alcoholism.

But yeah, I see soda ads and bottles of coke in the store and get such a strong desire for that crisp refreshing taste, and every time I give it another chance I take two sips and feel like I'm going to puke.

Look at what I found, lads.

>skeptics.stackexchange.com/questions/10828/do-your-taste-buds-change-every-seven-years

I used to love eggs growing up every way, but one day they just suddenly caused me to barf. After experimentation I now know the texture of fully cooked eggs is what I now couldn't eat. Soft-boiled, sunny side, poached is all good. Scrambled and so on will make me vomit.

Oysters definitely. Mostly because I was pressured to eat a pacific northwest oyster during spawning season at a dinner party and it was so mushy and flavorless it turned me off them for good

Still love mussels, clams, scallops though

You can undercook scrambled eggs.

Used to HATE mayo
now I fucking love it
same with Guacamole

I can't stand eggs anymore. They give me a greasy fatty feeling when I swallow them

Beer

Maybe it's just from all the shitty vodka I drank

This is the opposite but when i was little i used to hate pb&j sandwiches but now i fucking love 'em

Used to love ketchup, now I can't stand it with anything. Can't even eat it with fries

Nearly all sweets. I can eat stuff like sweet cornbread or strawberries but pies, cakes and chocolate - forget it. I'd rather have another serving of beef or fish.

Cucumber, i cannot fucking stand cucumber anymore.

I don't have anything like that outside of the usual increasing distaste for sugar. My sister used to like coffee and tomatoes as a 4-5 year old and despises both now.

I was raised in Hawaii and used to love rice with a bit of Soiyu sauce on, one day I put a bit too much and ever since I've just been so heavily put off by it, been years since I even touched rice

When I accidentally get things with egg or real dairy products that aren't real cheese in it it usually tastes off and slightly unpleasant to me. Accidental meat stuffs still taste good but usually have a really unpleasant texture to it unless it's something subtle like fish sauce in a soup and similar.

I used to hate pussy but now i love it

Now you know how men feel.

Dude, I'm as haole as they come and could never be put off by soy sauce on rice. Get your shit together. That's comfort food 101 for anyone from Hawaii.

That's comfort food for anyone poverty Asian.

When i was a kid i loved balogna, american cheese and miracle whip sandwiches. By american cheese i mean kraft singles not real american like at the deli counter.

I dislike every component of that sandwich now... unless it is a real italian bologna, not oscar meyer...

The sugar thing is most likely related to your alcoholism as well. I was the same way when I was drinking nightly. Still don't have a sweet tooth, but I ate a lot of ice-cream and cookies during my recovery. A lot of people in AA believe that you should eat candies because alcohol is basically processed sugar and your body craves it when you stop drinking.

Weebs on Veeky Forums look down on putting soy sauce on rice. I'm not saying it doesn't happen elsewhere, but it a pretty distinctively Hawaiian thing.

I thought miracle whip was whipped cream and threw up in my mouth a little IRL, had to google to make sure that wasn't correct and turns out it wasn't.

Could you imagine though?

Weird thing I used to be a beer hipster, into unique IPAs and totally hopped out sht but now nothing hits the spot like a ice cold Bud for me

It was a long time ago my dude. It's not like I made a conscious decision to put a disgusting amount of the stuff on, forever scarring myself from eating it.
Wait is it not like....an expected thing? I was under the impression it was just something that you do.

>Wait is it not like....an expected thing? I was under the impression it was just something that you do.

Based solely on Veeky Forums opinions, Iv'e come to understand that it's considered bad form in Japan - though many people do it at home - despite being completely normal in Hawaii. Then again, Hawaii is one of the few places in the US that has a completely distinctive food culture, which many people denigrate solely on the basis of spam being a common source of protein; despite the fact that it's not exactly consumed on a daily basis by the majority of the population.

Why?

The beer has changed.

My mother says I used to love most vegetables when I was a kid and jumped on every opportunity to eat one, regardless of time of day, meal or if I was full. I still like them, but not to that point.

On the opposite direction, I hated bell peppers and cilantro during my teenage years; I'm still not fond of them, but have learned to tolerate both.

i used to eat lemons as a kid - i dont mind a slice of lemon in a drink or some lemon juice in cooking but uh, eating a whole one...

also fizzy/sugary drinks in general - don't understand how i used to like them, aside from a small glass of a fruit juice maybe

Really sweet shit

Liver.

Gradpa and I used consume tons of the stuff.

Now I can hardly stand the smell.

Well i mean, younger kids tend to eat spam somewhat regularly in musubi but that's about the most common use of it I can think of, and I don't know any one who eats musubi every day.

Sweets. I used to eat more sugar than imaginable but I hate sugar now. Feels good to be fit

My father and I used to eat cheap frozen corn dogs together. We'd go through a dozen in a day.

Then, one day, after eating a bunch, he got very, very sick, and threw up for days. I remember the sound and smell of him puking up those corn dogs, slathered in cheap yellow mustard, just the way he liked it. I'll never forget how pale he turned, how sweaty and clammy he was, shivering desperately on the couch. It turned me off from corn dogs since then. I was told at the time that he just had a stomach bug.

I found out years later he was sick from heroine withdrawl. He's been dead 9 years now.

Taco Bell
I used to love taco bell, like I was that guy who would walk in with $20 and feel like a goddamn king on a weekly basis
I never really even got sick of it, or was disgusted by the quality
I just kinda stopped going, I guess I just outgrew it.
I still go if it's late and the boys are drunk but taco bell is honestly my last option nowadays

Spicy or extremely salty foods. I've been on that Curry game like a mad man for the past 3 months,

Same, when I was 18 I would only drink ipa's
Now I can't even sip the shit it taste so bad. I honestly don't understand how I ever enjoyed the taste it's literally just bitter brown.
steel rail or a 40oz is what I mostly drink now

Huh?

This, literally goat tier if you add a bit of milk and a torn up slice of American """cheese"""that melts while your scrambling the eggs

When I was young I used to order pizza plain, just cheese
Now my favorite pizza is loaded with mushrooms olives and onions
I still dont like raw onions but I fucing L O V E cooked onions pretty much any way.
I also didnt like spicy food but now I can't get enough spicy to satisfy me, I think it might be because I used to smoke ciggies

Damn man you're killing this board everybody thinks you're serious

I used to love Fanta pink grapefruit, Snickers, Coco Pops and shit like that.
Now, on the rare occasion that I eat or drink anything that sweet and plain, I only somewhat enjoy the first few bites/gulps and then feel sickened.

I didn't exactly use to enjoy drinking straight liquor, but in my teens I could down half a highball glass of vodka without even grimacing.
Now one shot is enough to make me retch slightly.

I must be a fucking newfag then because I was legit about to tell ask him what about my post he didn't understand.
7/10 for subtle shitposting
Good looks user

I fed my two kids turtle soup while they watched the ninja turtle movie. They had no idea and I laughed so hard back in the kitchen. My wife got pissed and slapped me.

Hotdogs not sausages but the Oscar miner or similar soft weiners. I used to love them eat them fried split for breakfast with eggs or make an after school lunch with them same way. Boiled and put into a bun. Now I can't stand their flavor and texture. My hotdogs need to have a snap.

He's in every thread. It's genius.

Do them french style with butter, cream on a really low heat.

Try vinegar with fries. It's pretty good. Mayo is also a good option

Mayo is only good if you mix it with another sauce
I usually do BBQ and hot, straight mayo makes me feel like a degenerate

I used to love mushrooms when I was little, then I hated them untill I was like 16, love them again now.

Snack cakes. Something about the sugar coating just strikes me different. It's "meh" at first and by three bites it's almost repulsive. Every other year at Christmas time I rediscover this buying those tree cakes they put out.

I still love candy. Though I've moved towards better quality chocolates I think that's just that I wasn't exposed to them before. I'll still go for cheap stuff as well.

This

I lost my sweet tooth in a big way sometime during my teenage years.

Now I'm damn near 40.
Soda makes me ill.
At weddings I can manage to eat a small piece of cake while leaving the frosting in a weird shell on my little plate.

I like fruit though, it does not bother me as much... Neither does honey, like on toast or pancakes.

But straight up candy and shit is just gross.

Used to hound down fried calamari then one day my body decides to hate it, and now it makes me literally gag

I can't say I've ever lost the taste for something, but my eating habits have certainly changed over the years.

I can't understand how people just start hating foods though. Especially sugar. Did the candyman come and steal your tastebuds?

Fuck!

I don't eat cake, pie, snack cakes, pastries, popsicles, ice cream, candy (except Florestal), fruit (two servings a year), cookies or chocolate anything. Lost my taste for them around age 14.
I do, however, drink coke all day.

>lost a taste for something
Absolutely. Lost the taste for:
Sweet things
Artificial flavors
Cheap cheese
White bread
Beef

Enjoy your chicken shit I guess? Eat fermented stuff more and pop some vitamins like B-complex. If you really need to eat like the old times agains I suggest starting with really hard boiled eggs and only eat the yolk. That's what I did when I was really allergenic to it.

>coffee but it makes me feel bad, but that might just be because of the alcoholism.
Probably. Coffee is hardly what you need on a hangover, try tea (without sugar) and lots of water instead. Also best way to beat a hangover feeling is consuming banana, potato or coconut itself or side products. Some people like NAC, Alka-Seltzer or plain soda also.
>bottles of coke in the store
>feel like I'm going to puke.
Actually I suggest you to stay that way. If you can't stand extreme amounts of sugar in it, then you're healthier than 90% of other people.

Try wine, at least a better choice of fermented drink. I suggest to cut down beer or wine at night time tho', heard a few things about unwanted weight gain.

Perhaps, but it's also true that you feel hangover or high sooner if you take alcohol with sugars.

I used to really like bananas. Ate banana chips like a damn fiend. These days I'm very apathetic, teetering towards dislike, with them.

I also don't like milk chocolate like I used to. I mean it's still fine, just that I prefer dark.

Chocolate. I can handle it in moderation but typically avoid it, whereas I ate tons of it as a kid. Same with sweets in general. I take my coffee black not to be a badass but because I don't like it so sweet anymore, but when I was a teenager/young adult in college I used a lot of sugar. My tastes have turned to savory and spicy when I used to only like bland or sweet.

Triscuits, lemon-lime gatorade.
I had a box of GOAT rosemary and olive triscuits during an oxy comedown where I ended up puking for 10.5 hours. Drank th gatorade intermittently for electrolytes.
Couldn't stand up straight for 3 days afterwards. Conditioning is the worst.