Quiz time Veeky Forums!

Quiz time Veeky Forums!

What dish do some people allegedly put kiwi in?

(hint: it's an abomination)

pavlova?

Hmm, what dish could benefit from kiwi, but alternatively okra, or tofu?

Nope, putting fruit with desert makes too much sense.

meatloaf?

Pin pon! Japanese 'hamburg steak' is the answer I was looking for, but it's practically meatloaf, so yep, you got it.

Am I the only one who finds the idea of kiwifruit in meatloaf utterly disgusting? What the fuck, Japan?

I guess if you want your meat to be slightly sweet? Idk, but wouldn't it be easier just to add sugar? Maybe pineapple?

That finished product grossed me out.

What anime is this? The girl on the right is cute as fuck.

according to the anime, kiwi has enzymes similar to pineapple, so it would be added for its tenderizing properties, not sweetness

same here, in the show they braised the patties in tomato sauce instead of just frying them as normal

amaama to inazuma, ep3 came out yesterday

It's good in sorvett and sme smoothies and nothing else like pineapple.
Some fruits don't have much cooking use, think watermelon

When she said they were going to stew the meat I thought they were just going to cook it in gravy. It's what I would've done. Served it with rice.

She lost me with the tomato crap though. I tried to tell myself it was almost like spaghetti and meatballs until she added the ketchup.

The tenderizing thing makes sense now. Is kiwi more common than pineapple in Japan?

>ketchup
Yeah, this episode might as well have been written to troll Veeky Forums with.

I don't think it sounded all that bad actually, the ketchup and worcester were just added to add some flavor to the canned tomato sauce. Also, glazing (baked) meatloaf with ketchup is straight out of 1970's Betty Crooker and is tolerable, so the ketchup in the tomato sauce is far from the worst thing they could have added.

But why would you want to tenderize something made of ground beef to begin with? I suppose this comes down to Japan's preference for soft and squishy foods.

>eating kiwi
fucking japs

Watermelon with squid ink, cherry tomatoes, rhubarb, and bits of sautee'd octopus/kalimari is one of my favorite "salads" I've ever had at a restaurant, FYI.

I hate ketchup and always have. I've never made a meatloaf with ketchup even if it's the classic way to make it.

That only proves my point

This anime is so comfy. The attention to detail in the animation really pleases my autism. Like the details in peeling the onion last episode. And in ep2, where he cuts the potato and then realigns the halves to quarter them and they're ever so slightly misaligned.

Pineapple is overwhelmingly sweet and acidic, kiwis are more sublte and dont fuck up the meat flavor
plus its more convenient to use one kiwi instead of one slice of a whole pineapple, and they have a longer shelf life

I fucking hate kiwi and the thought of putting it in meatloaf is vile.

I can't stand most fruit + savoury combinations. Pineapple on pizza is as far as I'll go but even then I'd rather not.

rub a dub a dub thanks for the grub

Containment board, weeb.

fucking asian nip nongs rape every foreign food they get their filthy paws on and make weird versions of it and they have the fucking gall to whine about our cooking in the west? fucking hypocrite pieces of shit just stick to your goddamn rice and raw fish and wet spaghetti

Some Russians use kiwi to marinate shashlik.
Do not trust those Russians. They are bad ones.

waldorf salad.

also fuck off back to /a/ niggerlover.

Desu. Ketchup is disgusting imho the only time I find it acceptable is beside my fries.that's it.