Rice cooker

Need a new rice cooker.
Got 200 Bucks to spend:

Which rice cookers would you guys recommend that costs less than 200 and why?

thank you.

a sauce pan

That Zojirushi fuzzy logic one you chose as an image is the one I have.
It makes perfect rice every time, it's got a built in timer (great to use for having perfect steel cut oats right when you wake up), and it is incredibly easy to use.
Highly recommended.

Sure, but I enjoy the feeling of clicking, leaving and being reminded of when stuff is done.

Oh, that's an interesting coincidence. I'll check it out. thanks!

I have the popular $40 one from Amazon, makes perfect rice every time. My friend has one of those expensive Japanese ones, not worth the extra $150 imo

Honestly, just get a styrofoam enclosure that fits one of your pots and use that for letting it steam

I got pic related for around $170, and it's done me well for around 5 years now. The only complaint would be that it doesn't have a steamer insert, but it makes perfect rice every time, and has a dozen different settings depending on the type and your preference.

Lots of Veeky Forums anons recommend $40, non fuzzy-logic type rice cookers, but if you're going to invest in something like that, spending a bit extra for a semi-high end model is definitely worth it.

$200 is not in the sweet spot, I assume you're making rice for 1 or 2 people at most

A perfectly good fuzzy logic Zoji can be hand for between $90 and $140 depending on how aggressively you shop around and how aesthetics oriented you are

Beyond that entry level the next step up would be an induction rice cooker and those are almost never less than $250 or so. They don't make much better tasting rice than the regular fuzzy logic ones, but they do allow you to make GABA rice which is great if you are an Asian soccer mom who believes in that stuff (you need special rice to do this too, but if you can afford an induction rice cooker you can also afford the special pre-GABA rice)

Then it sounds like all you really need is a basic rice cooker that beeps when it's done. I've gone through several rice cookers, and never noticed a difference personally, but then again, I eat it so much I don't really pay attention to it either. If I want my rice to be different, I just use different rice or use less water.

I've gone through several as well, and there are definitely shitty ones out there

Nobody ever regrets buying a hinge top fuzzy logic zojirushi, except maybe white people who don't realize they don't eat as much rice as they expected after watching that anime

>pic related

So long as its Japanese and has a locking lid it will make good rice. From there price only increases with size and extra features

>has to be Japanese
Of course, makes a huge difference.

Perhaps I am too used to eating rice, as I'm asian, but expensive cookers are a solution to a problem that doesn't exist for me. It would be like trying to find a premium milk that goes best with my cereal.

I spent 20 yurobucks on mine.

The Japanese make all the best stuff, user.

>if I admit Japanese companies make high quality consumer goods someone might think I'm a weeb! I'm no weeb! Despite knowing all the memes from a Japanese-themed, Japanese-owned image board! As you can see from my disdain for Japanese things my life DEFINITELY DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND JAPAN!!! Fuck off weebs! ;_;

>i eat rice every day and don't think of cooking it as an issue
>i can't possibly imagine why other people who habitually eat rice would want a device that makes perfect rice at the push of a button and keeps it warm and is easier to clean than a normal pot, etc., etc.

It was supposed to be a response to And you can do that with a $50 cooker, user.

It's probably an indian, indians for some reason have something against rice cookers just as they have a problem with good tasting rice and always buy basmati, a shit-tier rice that only whites and indians like. You literally need to dry roast it, salt it, and blast it with ghee and maybe cardamom pods or something, otherwise it just dries out your mouth and sticks in your throat

Of course they do.

Make some fly li

Agreed. Be sure to check if the zojirushi is made in Japan or China - they are different.

hmmm i always buy basmati what would you recommend?

I would like my rice cookers to pull through other dishes as well, although the rice would be the most important function of course.

That's the rice cooker I have. It has two timers which I find really useful so I can have one set to make rice when I wake up and one when I get home from work. I got mine for 110 USD at a local market and have been using it for five years and it's still working well. It doesn't have a steamer though so I have to make steamed stuff over a pot.

I've had this for 4 years. Has never failed me. I put oats in water in the evening and set it to porridge timed to cook when I wake up. Wash it after breakfast and set it for rice to cook when I arrive for dinner.

Should I eat gaba ricr

Uhh

Uhh what do I have with my tikka then

The one you have pictured works perfect.

I spend $99 on an Aroma rice cooker about twenty years ago and it STILL works great. I was happily surprised, I thought it was way too expensive at the time, but it's turned out perfect rice all these years.

Buy good rice, like Bob's Red Mill rice.

>Japanese things

Over the years, I've found that if a product choice includes something from Japan, I can rely on the fact that it's going to work well, be well designed and finally be more than worth my money.

That's not being a weeb, that's a fact. Superior style, superior design = value.

>Buy good rice, like Bob's Red Mill rice.
This is the whitest post in the history of four chan

I thought I was being thrifty buying a sub $100 rice cooker from some chinese market.

The brand is fucking chinese but they named it Jappanproductoshi to sound japanese & trick consumers.

Fucking thing broke in 3 months and the fucking chinese market won't excahnge.

As a Chinese, I can honestly say, never buy a fucking chinese made rice cooker.

Seconded. Almost every product I own made in Japan is good quality.

>I've found that if a product choice includes something from Japan, I can rely on the fact that it's going to work well

Chinese here.

That's because greedy godless fucking chinese will sell melanin laced formula to babies if we can make a profit.

When it comes to manufacturing, if there is a corner to cut, we will cut it. Quality control is for suckers.

Hate to break it to you Chairman Yang, but most Zojirushi are made in the land of melamine baby formula, the only exceptions are the induction models

I realize this...

When the japs outsource to us, they usually station their own QA managers in our factories.

Fucking japs don't trust chink manufacturing and they are absolutely right to do so.

If you're buying off of Alibaba without your own QA implanted, good luck...

Can you give me an example of a great rice cooker from there? I've been looking to buy but there are so many options.

Zojirushi NP-NVC10

>$400
Holy fuck. Took a look at it and it has a fuckton of features and settings. Plus I can make oats with it. I know I'd be getting way more than what I'd pay for. Thanks for the suggestion.

I have a ZCC10 and it is pretty good. It's missing some of the features, but has the important ones like spherical heating and multiple sensors that the Chinese made TSC lacks. If 350+ USD is too much, the ZCC is a good middle ground between features and price unless you have to have pressure cooking or gaba.