Why do waiters and waitresses try to talk to me in restaurants...

Why do waiters and waitresses try to talk to me in restaurants? Why do boomers like that interaction so much and how do I kindly tell them that I don't want to talk except the bare minimum?

they want your money

Just politely tell them you will tip them more if they leave you alone.

Don't actually tip them though that's basically communism.

people always assume you're not autistic and go by that impulse at first

you can't blame them for that, maybe thing will change in years to come though

Because most people arent autistic like you

don't make eye contact and give one syllable answers when possible

fuck

>Revisit a restaurant
>Waiter recognizes you

>boomers

what fucking restaurants are you going to?

>go to a restaurant
>the waitresses are people you knew from high school

>Waiter has no interest in talking to me
>I have no interest in talking to them
>Waiter annoys me every 5 seconds acting overly obnoxious to get money out of me
>I'm autistic for not enjoying this
This board is so desperate for social interaction, jesus christ. I'll skip the middleman and buy a hooker if I wanted to pay for someone to pretend to be interested in me

Just be your usual autistic self and only politely say the necessary things; they'll get the idea that you want basic service and not a conversation.

Servers at my work do that shit where they sit at the table. I've even seen them crouch by the table. Shit disgusts me.

>revisit restaurant regularly
>Waitress knows your order because you always order he same thing

O.O

When I worked as a line cook this always annoyed me.

A couple of women who worked nearby would come in for lunch probably 5 days a week and order an off-menu buffalo chicken wrap to share, and the server would always act like it was the easiest thing because we both knew exactly what they wanted, but it was actually one of the most time consuming things because we weren't set up for it, and it involved a bunch of different steps, and one wanted a side salad while the other wanted sweet potato fries, and one wanted a side of ranch while the other wanted onions on the side, and they always came right during the lunch rush and everything was on my station, aside from grilling the wrap, which was on the other end of the kitchen.

Regulars can be great if they have an easy order, but sometimes they're a pain in the ass; and they were only paying for a single sandwich but creating a big hassle for the kitchen. A couple times I went out to the dining room and asked the bartender to point them out so I could shake my fist from a distance and mutter obscenities under my breath.

If you don't like it, get a real job.

>not having a series of generic, friendly, and open questions to ask any one and anytime to not make social interactions awkward

/r9k/ get fucking lost

Someone has to have that autistic as fuck warning paper that has a bunch of warnings to waitstaff.

Boomers like it because their kids and grandchildren won't talk to them.

Every.Fucking.Time.

Not everyone with kitchen experience is a felon, illegal, or addict. Some people needed to have a day... er, night job to pay bills during school. Do you come to the food and cooking board just to look down on people who actually have real experience cooking? Because something like this is posted in every industry thread, and it's retarded because most industry threads are 90% how much the industry sucks.

>Some people needed to have a day... er, night job to pay bills during school.

then get a real one

>Every.Fucking.Time.

I'm looking forward to the day when it doesn't trigger you.

>a real one
>implying there aren't other human beings also vying for jobs.
Cool your autism bro. Not everyone can use affirmative like you.

Affirmative Action*

>cogent reply explaining how your post is stupid and redundant
>"you're so mad bro! i totally trolled you!"

>using the word 'cogent' to refer to your own words

you need to get to second year of university before posting.

You know what the best part of muy day is? For about ten seconds, from when I press enter on a shitpost and wait for a reply, 'cause I think maybe I'll reopen the thread and you won't be there. No goodbye. No see you later. No nothing. You just left. I don't know much, but I know that.

it's not your fault

>Crouching by the table
Holy shit some female waiters do this, not that often, but still
It's moment like those I realize how retarded I am because I actually like them a bit more just because they did that

But really, they mostly don't give a shit and are mostly like w/e

>New manager comes in at fine dining restaurant
>We need to raise our friendliness score, interact with the guests more, talk to them, ask them about their day
>Actually provides an example asking 'Do you have any pets?'
>Next day
>Be -more- friendly
>Scores come out end of the month and guest surveys says people wished the servers just came when they were needed
>Scores hit all time low, many people saying they would not come back
>Manager gets fired
>Scores go back up

What the fuck are you even trying to say? Learn English if you're going to post on an English image board.

NUH UH UH I AIN'T GONNA SPEAK TO NO ONE WHO DON'T SPEAK AMERICAN

At least you don't fall in love with every female who speaks to you

>waiter ignores you for the entire meal
>gives you check and tries to make small talk in hopes of getting a tip recouped

So far all I've understood is that you're a shitposter who is also obsessed with Americans.

or maybe you're too dumb to notice someone is messing with you.

>i'm not really an idiot i was just trolling!

Once again, I've been here too long to get triggered by anything. Responding to troll posts is obviously bad form, but half the reason I come here is to drunk post and argue over inanities, and half the time I'm disappointed when I realize I'm talking with an underage user who actually thinks he's trolling someone who takes Veeky Forums seriously.

Then again it's Summer, so it's to be expected.

How is cooking not a real job? What does that even mean?

I give them lower than 15% when they do that

>line cook
>university

top giggles

Idk man if they're cute it can be fun, I've actually gotten few waitresses in trouble because I up having some really good conversations with them to the point where they sit down and we just talk.
Like obviously they're doing it for the tip, but I've gotten some successful dates out of it so I can't complain

>would come in for lunch probably 5 days a week
>we weren't set up for it
Do I need to spell it out?

First off, most people aren't autistic pieces of shit like you. Second, they want a tip. Third, kill you'reself you sorry sack of shit.

>tip them
>take them on dates
>pay for their dinner

>not realising the date is just an extension of the tip

damn nigga I wish I were a girl
with thirstos like you around

yeah let me guess you totally fucked them all, right? ;) nice try nerd

no one was trolling you, someone was just messing you by posting a quote from good will hunting you fucking clitoris. there couldn't be a more clear example of someone taking Veeky Forums too seriously.

You didn't get the reference. Buddy styled on you and you looked the asshole.

Spell what out?

That they ordered off-menu items and the waitstaff catered to them because they tipped well despite not making the restaurant any money while giving the kitchen staff a hard time by requesting a dozen modifications to their order?

A good will hunting reference. Seriously? I'm old enough to have been old enough to see that in the theater and I don't think anyone I know would recognize a reference from that schlock.

Just give up, bud.

Is Good Will Hunting super popular in Australia or something? I guess you're really into American superhero stuff, so Ben Affleck is probably a pretty big star there.

stop flailing and drown already.

>i didn't get a reference, or even infer from the incongruity and deliberate rhythm of the phrasing that it was probably allusive
>but the movie to which the reference was made is old and sentimental so it doesn't reflect badly on me in the slightest!

>old and sentimental

Dude, it's neither old nor sentimental. Maybe it's "old" for people in their teens and early 20's, but it's pretty much been forgotten about by anyone old enough to even remember it.

no, it hasn't. it's a very famous movie with some very memorable lines, even if you don't like it. you are just bickering because you have a fetish for the last word. there's nothing wrong with not getting the reference, but being belligerent and not considering that there might be something more going on behind an incongruous post shows a real lack of emotional intelligence.

Yeah man, no one knows Good Will Hunting.

Do you remember the movie Ricochet, starring Denzel Washington and John Lithgow? Because that's about as relevant as Good Will Hunting at this point, and is honestly a much better film, with much more iconic scenes/lines.

I'd like to apologise to Veeky Forums for making this post.
I didn't realise the fallout it would cause and promise to no longer joke around.
Sorry again.

it's not your fault

Never apologize for drunkposting. It's expected here. As long as you're not a dumb tripfag or fast board crossposter it's fine.

Yeah, I know that.

it's not your fault

I know

it's not your fault

Alright

Nah took one to the park and we just got ice cream and coffee
One was going to a concert that i was going to so we just ended up going together, I did fuck her but not till about a week later
Other one I did take to dinner but we don't really have much in common and her out of work persona was really clingy and kinda wierd
Still three more numbers then you ever got in your life, step up young boi ;)

I'd like to go to a restaurant where I can cook the food myself, take it to my own table, eat in peace then pay without having to tip anyone.

Huh?

He's making a joke you stupid fuck

Apparently he did.

Fucking set up for it. since you know it's coming five days a week. It's not gonna matter to keep a couple things fridged for those assholes a max of two days.

Because managers/owners.

They insist that servers constantly check in. They think the tables like it.

I keep a copy of Mein Kampf in my backpack. Just sit it on the table before i order. Waitresses are very much to the point after they notice it.