So, would you buy Toast for $4.00 ?

So, would you buy Toast for $4.00 ?

youtube.com/watch?v=DhPrWm-vKSY

Other urls found in this thread:

fringsrestaurant.com/#Menu
reddit.com/r/videos/comments/4tpusg/probably_one_of_the_most_pretentious_video_ive/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>SF

of course

Well if I get a slice for 4 bucks or a whole loaf of the same bread for 6 bucks at the same store, i'd probably just grab the loaf.

4 bucks aint shit, if its good its good, it'd be a nice change from eating a 4 dollar slice of pizza.

>hipsters overpaying for sliced toast
Other than hipsters being dumb, I don't see anything wrong.

I sub to Zagat but they are hardcore shills. I hate the feeling that every video I'm watching is an ad for some restaurant with a gimmick.

I'm sold. And mostly white people in the stores.

>Californians doing something stupid.

Color me shocked.

Kill fucking everyone in sanfran. I'm serious.

This stupid bullshit has to stop.

4 dollars does not strike me as a lot of money for a small plate at a sit down restaurant, no matter what it is. however all their justifications, and their obvious prevarication over margins, is nauseating. and the woman who talks at length about how she doesn't really understand the big deal but then says sharing toast with someone in public is 'daring' can go die in a fucking rusty fire.

>San Fransisco is one of the great bread town in the world. It got this long and honourable bread tradition going back to the 19th century
Fucking new worlders

Fun fact: Don't say Sanfan.

It's a codeword for gay people to recognize other gay people.

>San Francisco is one of the great bread towns of the world. Our tradition goes back to the 19th century!
I don't even...

Uh, no, it's not.

Source: am gay.

This kind of wretched hipster scum is ruining my home city of new orleans.

YANKEES GET OUT
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Only spending $4 on toast in 2016
>Not paying $10 for superior toast
fringsrestaurant.com/#Menu

Just don't say Sanfran, it's hella gay

I bet you don't even know about color code.

$10 for a slice of toast with avocado, spinach, tomato, basil, and tahini

This confuses and enrages me.

I'd honestly try it. It's like the dude says try it and if you don't like it you can fuck off and never come back. If 4 bucks seems too crushing for your wallet you probably shouldn't be living/visiting a city like SF in the first place.

Fuck if people are lining up to get that shit for $4 I'm not gonna stop them

They have money to blow and seems like they wanna blow it on $4 toasts

>If 4 bucks seems too crushing for your wallet you probably shouldn't be living/visiting a city like SF in the first place.

That's pretty true. If you can afford a 3500 dollar one bedroom apartment in SF, you most likely can afford 4 dollar toast.

Can you buy the ingredients they use as topping for the toast all for 1 serving of one piece of toast? No you would have to buy a whole loaf of bread, and then whole containers of ingredients. This would cost at least 10-15 bucks.

And you have to make it yourself at home. Congrats though you have "muh moniez's worth" and can eat fancy toast 2 or 3 times for a whole week or so. Or more likely you'll get sick of it and the bread will go bad. You'll have a bunch of wasted leftover ingredients that you don't want anymore because it's not fresh anymore.

So for the typical millennial living in SF, 4 dollar toast is a money saver.

>Can you buy the ingredients they use as topping for the toast all for 1 serving of one piece of toast? No you would have to buy a whole loaf of bread, and then whole containers of ingredients. This would cost at least 10-15 bucks.

i doubt that.

Well think about for the typical SF person. Probably shops at whole foods or fancy small markets and only buys the top tier brands.

Shit's expensive. Millennials don't cook either so they don't have ingredients and stuff readily available at home and so there's nothing they can cross-use ingredients for so if they wanted to make this toast at home, that bread would probably solely be for that purpose.

Must be toasted using this $230 appliance

>san francisco
yes

Millennials think it's trendy/hip to cook

QUICK Veeky Forums I NEED TO BUY A PROPER TOASTER GIVE ME A REC

There's an "artisan" toast place in CT that sells for 7.50 and takes them almost a half hour to make.

>that slice thickness

Jesus fuck, America.

the only people I've ever seen actually wear bandannas are gay people looking for sex and construction workers (who are mostly closet gay people looking for sex)

its just idiots spending money on some trendy bullshit, who gives a shit?

that's a swinger thing, I've never once seen that in real life.

it's supposed to supplant an entire meal, of course it's thick.

If we could just nuke San Francisco, NYC, Chicago, Austin, Portland, D.C, and Seattle. The country would be better off.

fucking americans

>san fagcisco

> reddit: the post
reddit.com/r/videos/comments/4tpusg/probably_one_of_the_most_pretentious_video_ive/

Yeah, we're long overdue for total economic, governmental and societal collapse.

You sounds like an edgy teenager.

Yeah, then the Jews would stop holding you down and you'd be able to get a gf

>Craft beer
>Craft burgers
>Craft toast

One of these days there will be justice in the world that will wipe that fucking city from the map. Someone meme Earthquake-chan into existence so I don't have to listen to this shit anymore.

I feel a little bit of disgust

Hats the price of 50 toasts tho, it practically pays for itself

A loaf of bread can last up to 5 days and i normally finish it in 3

This reminds me of that girl that lived with 15 dollars for a week and mentioned she usually spends 500 dollars a week on dinner alone

yeah like twice a month lmao

impressive filename but you're objectively (as well as subjectively) wrong about craft beer

>not the butthurt flyover who's slapping his massive thighs together whilst squealing about how we need to nuke "all them librul faggot comm'nist" cities

I don't know what you guys complain so much, I love toast. My favourite toast is in this tiny little French place that only a local could ever know about. It's called Qu'ils mangent de la brioche and I think it fully represents the twist movement

Don't trashy cafe's and diners sell 2 slices of supermarket fruit bread for $4? How is this any different?

>White people

People in San Francisco have devolved from being white

>Craft beer
Damn straight, plenty of that shits tasty
>Craft burgers
I can understand nice burgers, but yeah there's a shit ton of places overcharging like crazy for a standard quarter pounder in a brioche bun cos its fancy.
>Craft toast
Someone is a money making genius.

If they were to throw one more toast on the top and called it a sandwich, you wouldn't bat an eye.

I think it's dumb but someone has got to play the Devils advocate.

SF is the worst city i've been to in my life

Born and raised in SF. Moved out 2 years ago because the faggots got out of hand. Not
The gay community they are fine. It's the fucking faggots that ruined that city

Thank you for the distinction. Too many people who have never been to SF don't understand it. The LGBT community there is fine. In fact, most of them can't even afford it. It's all the tech workers moving in, jacking up the prices and introducing shit like this.

I, for one, use South Park's definition of faggot. It seems the most appropriate for this day and age.

fucking this. I'll just buy the damn loaf and eat it in the street. bread is great

If the toast is good and the person is willing to buy it then go for it.

There is alot of restaurants that charge extra even though the ingredients they use probally cost only $1 all together and charge $10.

I feel like ordering pizza is always overpriced and coffee.

theres a better video on this that goes into detail about how the toast isn't just lol toast it and then here you go. it';s still restaurant food, prepared in a way with fixings so it's not just someone handing you a slice of wonderbread and a drizzle of honey.

>implying that this isnt the result of having too much money and access to advanced technology
yall need some proper strife in ya lives

Probably if it was a good bread. It's not like they're selling wonderbread.

People pay $4 for fancy scones, muffins, cookies, and bagels. Fuck, if it was banana bread or pumpkin bread or some even slightly sweet shit, no one would bat an eye. Who gives a shit? This is like bitching that you have to pay more for a beer at a bar than if you bought it at a store.

It never ends:
(1) There is a nice place to live.
(2) People find out.
(3) Too many people move there, pricing the natives out.

would you pay $4 for a bagel with toppings in SF? probably

would you pay $4 for french toast in SF? probably

it's not like they put a slice of mrs. bairds in the toaster and put some parkay on it.

ive paid 5.66 for a hotel bar diet coke in sf

I love hearing faggots complain about other faggots. All the bitches who complain about muh gentrification are transplants or kids of transplants. there are no native san fransiscans. It's old hipsters bitching about new hipsters. Unless you lived in SF before the 50's you have no room to complain.

There are, however, people who lived there before the rents got astronomical.

I think it's more if you lived there before the dotcom boom. Maybe even if you lived there before the current boom.

>people feel the need to charge higher prices for a higher quality product

People are fucking retards, I'd say the overwhelming overreaction to this is the sign of a far more troubling bandwagon hate groupthink and lack of critical thinking skills

turned off the video as soon as I heard some commiefornia faggot's voice.

You people know you are the joke of the nation right? right....?

Everyone hates Cali even yourselves. Highest rate of emigration in the nation. Faggots.

>t. butthurt flyover

>hipsters selling buttered toast
>amazed it's better than $1 loaf of white bread toasted
>hipster makes a "mini-documentary" on it because hipsters
Fucking hipsters.

i dont rly like cream cheese sooo....

>So, would you buy Toast for $4.00 ?
If it's a Croque Monsieur then sure.

>lmao fkn flyovers man, us cali ppl know whats up
>now where should i move to, austin, or denver?

>all those dislikes
I feel bad for the people who made this video. It's pretty well done and exposes people to an obviously interesting topic, but it's getting shit on since the issue it happens to be about upsets people. That shouldn't be what the dislike button is for.

It's worse that so many people are emotionally disturbed that toast is being sold for $4 than toast being sold for $4.

Or if they called it bruschetta it would be an italian delicacy.

Yes, sir, I'll have one cream cheese and salt sandwich please. Extra thick bread! Hold the pepper!

The result of post-industrial decay and America's inability to compete with China in the mass market. Focus in on the prestige/luxury sector so you can charge exorbitant prices for presentation alone. This is basically Apple's entire business model.

this video was posted 2 years ago. flyovers still pissed.

SF is a global metropolis with perfect year round weather.. Wait, the rent it high too? WHAT A SHOCKER

is "TransPlants" a new level to this awful identity politics faggotry?

>new wave toast

/thread

>a whole loaf, some butter and possibly a jam
>for 5 dollars
fucking hell, a good loaf of bread is like 10 dollars where I live, san franciscans have nothing to whine about

>not wanting to murder millions of people and turn miles of territory into blasted wasteland is edgy

>muh gentrification
Closed the video.

Rent is always high with any metropolis. But the tech boom really pushed it. You're talking 4k+ a month for maybe a 2 bedroom apartment.

I got a pound loaf of good italian bread on sale last week for 1.50$, and each slice is probably better

nope

Probably once. Which is more than I can say about watching a ten minute video about bread.

>people pay like 2.50 for a bagel and cream cheese at panera
>everything is fuckspensive in sanfran
on further consideration, it doesnt seem that irrational. the demographic is rich people in an expensive area who legit see no problem with dropping $4 on toast aaaaaaaaaahahahahah i cannot BELIEVE

like pumping out babies with random anonymous partners who will make no claim to the responsibility of their fatherhood for an upgrade in welfare entitlements?

OK

You autistic fucks are better to be around than those pretentious fucks. Houston-hispters have nothing on these fruitcakes out in California.

I keep hoping the crime wave will scare them out.

They're ruining the marigny

>he doesn't know about how sourdough starters work

and yet you want to voice an opinion on something you know nothing about.... please kill yourself