ITT: only Veeky Forums approved foods

ITT: only Veeky Forums approved foods

Semen thread then?

no, this is not a Veeky Forums engineering thread

Anyone got a solid peanut butter oatmeal recipe?

muh natty gainz

50 grams of oats cooked to your liking, 32 grams of natty pb. you can also add one smashed banana and 40 grams of raisins or 1 scoop of your favorite proton powder.

Making that for lunch tomorrow. Cheers m8

What are some good snacks when cutting?

I've been snacking on almonds but getting tired of them. Cheerios are shitty, tried that for a week but it's just too many carbs and doesn't fill me up at all.

Fruit and Vegetables

A snack I make is I cut up like 5 bell peppers and 2 onions and fry them in spices. 0 carbs, low cal but hot and filling.

I also premake huge batches of miso soup, heat some up when hungry and put it in a thermos. ez

Problem is I have to snack at work, so onion are a no (breath, even if I brush after that shit has some staying power). Miso soup would require access to a microwave :/

What about carrots?

Seaweed

A Veeky Forums as fuck friend of mine snacks carrots like crazy, so yes that should work. I'd just use fruit, because that's for sale pretty much anywhere. Banana's are God's gift to man.

(obligatory 'not the person you're replying to' note here)

Keto

Keto - chorizo & cheese stuffed bell peppers

Keto lunch, ribs

I posted this on Veeky Forums once and they approved

Made galbi

I just ate sardines, chicken, and a pint of ice cream.

Sardines. Nice

that actually looks good, care to post a recipe?

damn that looks great, is shit posted here actually good for weight loss?

Pork rinds are keto approved.

>ITT: fatties

You can lose weight on a diet of chocolate and coca cola as long as you don't overconsume. Not recommended, obviously

To answer your question, no, keto is a meme, but the food choices made in that picture are good

Yes, for some people. Though it helps many people lose weight (myself included), keto is not for everyone.

>I posted this on Veeky Forums once and they approved

probably thought you were coming on to them

The reason "keto" works is because you're not eating as many calories. The majority of the calories people consume come from carbohydrates. Such as in bread, pasta, rice, all kinds of groats (oats, corn), etc. By restricting your diet to meats and vegetables, you avoid calorie dense food.

Of course, this is all conjecture and I have no idea what I'm talking about. Counting your calories is more efficient.

Can you make some for me, daddy?

No, but it's good for building muscle mass while on a workout regiment.

Completely wrong

>The reason "keto" works is because you're not eating as many calories.

Completely right. Sticking to a calorie deficit is easier for many people on keto because they are eating foods higher in fat and protein, which keep you feeling satiated for longer.

Pic related, one of my favorite keto foods, grilled chicken hearts

tried kato for a couple weeks earlier this year when i was still on campus, now i'm back home and kind of eat whatever my parents cook.

it was really fucking expensive for a college student to eat keto. the town my school is in is pretty small so all the grocery stores increase food prices a shit ton. my kitchens have also been small as fuck so it was pretty fucking hard to get motivated too cook in a messy ass kitchen (3 other roommates).

any tips for making it a little more affordable and a little easier without a full size kitchen? going back next month. this time only one roommate tho.

>The reason "keto" works is because you're not eating as many calories.

You guys have no idea what you're talking about. A regular low carb diet works that way, you end up eating less calories. But a true ketogenic diet you eat next to no carbs, your body's first source of energy, and your body goes into ketosis and begins to burn fat as the main source of energy and produce ketones as a biproduct. Ya, you may be eating less calories than you normally would, but the main reason it's done is to get your body's metabolism burning energy. Varying off the diet at all snaps your body out of ketosis and you have to start over again

>get your body's metabolism burning energy

Meant so say burning fat

>buying pre seasoned meat

Cmon now son, that just isn't right.

Fucking hell that looks like a plate of deliciousness

>any tips for making it a little more affordable and a little easier without a full size kitchen?

Buy raw meat, stay away from pre-packaged sausages and bacon (they always contain sugar and hfcs), look for specials, find an ethnic market as they often have cheaper produce and a meat counter.

Turkey, chicken, and pork are usually the cheapest meats, beef and lamb are the most expensive.

Invest in a wok perhaps (even a cheap one), stir fries can be very filling.

Sorry user, but keto will be difficult if your kitchen and roommates make cooking difficult. Grilling is great if you are able. I cook/grill a lot of meat on the weekend and eat it throughout the week.

>keto
>cheap

Pick only one. Keto isn't for everyone

awesome, great advice thanks.

unfortunately the town my school is in only has one small asian market that has really weird hours so i've never been there. really have wanted a wok for a long while, will probably get one now that it's just me and one other roommate (hes my best friend so i know it won't get ruined or anything).

another thing that really sucks is having an electric stove. i really prefer gas, especially with a wok, the point is for the heat to be on the sides of the pan as well.

yeah, i kind of figured i'd have to wait until after school to really get my feet wet with trying the diet out 24/7. thankfully only one roommate next semester so kitchen things should be easier. more fridge room, not as many dishes (or all our cooking stuff being dirty) etc should be a lot nicer on my cooking habits.

Reminder that keto diet retards are no better than southbeach ,weight watchers, or any other meme diet

Count. Your. Calories. Thats literally all there is to it

I fuckin snorted laughing. First time in 23 years

' ' for the gainz

Yum.

looks like overnight oats
lots of different version on the web

Carrot and hommus
Fruit
Yoghurt

They look amazing. Recipe?

>and your body goes into ketosis and begins to burn fat as the main source of energy

Such as the fat you consume in your bacon, cheese and nuts on a keto diet?

this ^

No, the fat from your body.
Fat in food cannot be directly "burned", it must be digested first.

You better be talking about reduced fat hummus.

>Broscience

Keto works by being a restrictive diet that gives great satiety

>Keto works by being a restrictive diet that gives great satiety

Agreed. But that doesn't change the fact that your body cannot burn the fat from food directly.

I mean I'm all pro keto
its one of the best ways to lose fat
but personally i prefer just eating at a caloric deficit with low in carbs

when you take a dump while on keto its insanity so not really my cup of tea

That shit looks fucking tasty senpai.

>' ' for the heart attacks*
fix'd

>proton powder

I only have electron powder; will that do?

Eat the less desirable meats. Liver, heart, blood sausage that sort of stuff. Tasty and dirt cheap. Blood sausage might not be due to location

>the "fat is evil" maymay

>0 carbs,

m8 go read a science book please.

What foods are good for building muscle mass? I'm confused because a lot of people say carbs are bad for you.

Protein.

Thanks, here's the recipe

>4 bell peppers, gutted and blanched
>1 lb of chorizo, browned
>8 oz cream cheese
>about 1 cup of mexican cheese blend

Mix the cheeses with your browned chorizo (after it has cooled) and bake for 20-30 minutes on 425.

It's also good with jalapeƱos instead of bell peppers and you can use jimmy dean breakfast sausage if you don't like chorizo.

Thanks user

>he doesn't know the glory of based HEB and their "simply seasoned" meats

I'm glad you enjoyed it

Carbs are not bad for you but they are not good to eat in excess if you are trying to lose weight. Keto isn't great for building muscle because protein is only supposed to make up 15-20% of you daily caloric intake. If anything, prolonged ketosis will result in the loss of lean muscle mass

It's a figure of speech you autist robot.

I didn't mean it literally.

Sorry but "0 carbs" is not a figure of speech. Just say "low carb"

I'm coming to the end of Week 8 on keto and I don't really give a fuck how it works at this point, all I know is that I'm down about 25 lbs and I can fit into some of my old clothes again.

Definitely check out your options on meat and produce at ethnic markets if you can. Since I started buying my meat at a predominantly Hispanic grocery store that moves a metric fuck ton of product I haven't spent more than $1.89/lb on chicken breast

fruits and veggies are, for the most part, 90%+ carbohydrates, mate.

just leave him be, he's probably not aware of how sugars and carbohydrates are classified anyway

Right on. Nice work, user. I am 80 days keto, lost 48 lbs. Have felt great the entire time, even the first 2 days to 2 weeks that most people talk about being really shitty.

On a side note, I entered into a $300 wager with 5 friends to see who could lose the most weight (by percentage) in 6 months. July 30 is the end. Winner takes $1500 and second gets their $300 back. I'm looking good to win :)

Nice, good going user! I never experienced the initial "flu" either, but I'm on an ACE Inhibitor for high BP so my water intake was already super high and salt intake pretty low, so I've just kind of attributed it to that.

Best of luck on that wager!

Don't knock it till you try it user

looks delicious senpai

I mean, any diet you are on will use your burn your body fat as energy when you are calorie restricted. Whether your body is in keto, or you are on a high-carb vegan diet.

>potato

Nigga wat r u doin

Americans are so oblivious to the basics of health and nutrition that they actually believe potatoes, bread and pasta make you fat and give you diabetes, while steak, bacon, whole milk, eggs and oil should be included as major components in any balanced diet. Why do you think keto and GI fuckery are so popular there? And yes, the US is full of fat fucks who think carbs make you fat, potatoes make you fat. Potato consumption has decreased massively in the past couple decades because a couple retards managed to convince all these fat fucks that potatoes are unhealthy.

You actually have to design a dedicated study to make Americans understand that foods that people have been eating as staples and major calories sources for tens of thousands of years are not the cause of massive increases in diabetes and heart disease in the past 50 years.

>Someone asks about a potato
>Types over a paragraph about MUH AMURIKUNS HURR DURR

Every time

We also don't toil in the fields anymore. We sit on our asses and browse the web all day. We don't need that many carbs.

Neat.

I need to drop some fucking weight and be healthier myself. Currently at 5' 11" and 250lbs Think I may try Keto out because I'm an undisciplined son of a bitch if I don't have a plan. I figure doing Keto until I'm at a more ideal weight then slowly weening myself back onto a regular diet and paying attention to what I eat. Also gonna start hitting the gym too.

Looks a bit dark no offense

Sounds good to me, but even with keto planning meals is important. It takes work like any other diet. The gym will help but diet is much more important for weight loss, unless you are exercising like a mad man

>you will never feel so inferior to another country that you literally sperg out a hate post from one innocuous comment about a potato

Must be Irish.

smoked salmon + low fat cream cheese on toast
parmesan chips, they have next to no carbs. I try to avoid most other chips even vegetable straws.
boiled eggs

You don't snack when cutting. You certainly don't eat fucking nuts, they're a giant calorie bomb.

Damn those look good, how much do you get chicken hearts for?

Pic related

Obviously food has a major impact on how much your calorie deficient plan works, so what are good low calorie/carb foods that fill you up?

All I ever eat is activated almonds. Why would you eat anything else?

call it anecdotal or even a placebo effect, but i've felt so much better after eating tons and tons of saurkraut with every meal.

>low calorie
>low carb
>high fiber
>high nutrient
>fills up your stomach

and allegedly there's some pro-biotic stuff going on. but i dunno about that.

How do you season those chicken hearts?

>Veeky Forums
>calorie deficit
Idiot.

you forgot
>High sodium content

Commercial Sauerkraut is pasteurized, so it's just cabbage and a ton of salt
And low carb is a negative. And anyway, of course it's low-carb when it's low-calorie, because it's low-everything, like all vegetables

that is such a bs diet

>fish