I just bought this. Did I get the right one?

I just bought this. Did I get the right one?

>mount gay
>OP is a faggot

100%

I only know Mount Gay XO, which is great. This seems to be far younger, so I don't know how well that one'll be.

Obligatory

nigga, you gay

This one is amazing value for the price.

I'm not much of a rum drinker but mount gay is good value for the dollars. I prefer clear rum but I always keep spiced rum for company and its usually mount gay. Go gay or stay away!

Mix with diet coke for a broke back mountain

>rum
Yep, you're gay

I honestly don't care for standard issue Mt. Gay, at least at the price point it usually commands. For the same price or significantly less, Doorly's, Old Brigand, and Kaniche all offer a better product. Arthuer Alleyne's Special Barbados is good also, but despite being made in Barbados it's more Cuban in flavor and body, so I don't usually reach for it when I need Barbados rum.

Mt. Gay XO on the other hand is top notch

>diet

That's the joke, faggot

I did a 15 page Econ report on Barbados
11% of their economy is based on rum and MT gay is the oldest
the same rum that got the pirates hammered can be enjoyed today thanks to mount gay rum

>buy captain morgan
>Veeky Forums says buy sailor jerry
>by Sailor Jerry
>Veeky Forums says buy kracken
>buy kracken
>Veeky Forums says buy mount gay
>buy mount gay
>Veeky Forums says what are you a faggot? Buy brand x y or z instead

god damn it .Veeky Forums

Or.. you know.. buy what you like and don't take advice from a Rwandan meatpacking forum

Should've bought some El Dorado 12 year old instead

Cap Morgan is shit but the rest are pretty decent although I've never had Mount Gay before.

what is the difference between light rum, gold rum, and dark rum? What is gold rum used for? I rarely see it used in recipes, usually just light or dark. What about spiced?

Mount gay tastes really different than sailor jerry, captain, or kracken. Or I just used a lot more. It has a much more alcohol flavor and isnt as sweet

>not Sunset Very Strong Rum

>tfw your bottle is done and all the rum shops near you are shut

I wish I wasn't driving P2

>MT gay is the oldest
The oldest in existence, not just in Barbados. And, still run by the farming families for over a century who supply the distillery.

I like all Mount Gay rums, but never drink silver though. Any recipe that calls for it, I used gold/aged instead. I like the flavor.

>what is the difference between light rum, gold rum, and dark rum? What is gold rum used for? I rarely see it used in recipes, usually just light or dark. What about spiced?
In recipes, you usually see silver light when the flavor is not wanted.
Gold is for more molasses or aged flavors, and smoothness. Any recipe calling for rum can be made with gold. There's no need to buy white.
You never see recipes for aged. It's usually sipped straight up.

Spiced rum is highly flavored, kind of a rum version of dr pepper. It mixes well with Coke, but that is about it.

Holy goddamn shit. Where do you find this?

St.vincent and the grenadines.

No export as of current. So you either need to go there or know someone who is coming to your neighborhood from there.

The best sailing in the Atlantic as well

Thanks user. I noticed there's only a few white rums out there, mainly bacardi which I get the impression is overpriced and sub par. So I could go for a Mount Gay for use in everyday rum drinks like mojitos or daiquiris? Or is there a better comparable rum in terms of price and quality?

Isn't it just ever clear?

>WRAY
>AND
>NEPHEWS

Cruzan makes a light rum that goes well by itself or in common cocktails.

No. It tastes like white rum with one hell of a punch.

For first timers who are used to drinking liquor but not strong rum it is similar to someone drinking liquor for the first time ever.

For me it has a nice easy to handle flavour and it is quite warm going down.

The only time I run into issues is if I breathe out through my nose then you get a wasabi grade nose burn.

cruzan white
havana club 3 year old
flor de cana 4year old extra dry
brugal silver
captain morgan silver

cruzan or flor de cana are probably your best bet.

havana club is nice, but hard to get if you're in the US.

brugal is pretty nice, cheap too.

captain morgan works, but like all the captain morgan stuff, it just tastes like vanilla.

if you get bacardi cheap enough, why not. it works just fine. usually i just buy a 1.75L bottle of cruzan white for 19$

Well all alcohol tastes like just burning nail Polish removal with no flavor.

And I'm saying that as someone who regularly drinks everyday from the bottle

I remember drinking this stuff as a chaser back in the early 90s.
Good stuff

Well either you only drink shite Polish potato alcohol or you are full of shit.

Best rum coming through

Try drinking liquor instead of straight ethanol, you addict.

Have you tried any other alcohol other than the dry, $12 per 1.75ltr off brand vodka?

>thinks its better than Sailor Jerry

I fucking bought an $80 of scotch and it still tasted like nail polish remover

>chaser
someone that seeks out transgendered people to date them for fetish reasons?
the quidditch position?

Mt Gay is awesome. I've even toured the distillery.

Did you notice that Barbados has no mountains? And that Mt. Gay is on a a gently sloping hill?

I guess they couldn't call it "Hill Gay" though.

Do you have a neurological disorder that denies you the experience of flavor

It's all the meths they leave in it.
I'm the same since I started distilling my own spirits.
Anything from a shop just tastes like the shit I throw down the sink.