How does Veeky Forums like their Faggy® ""greek""" yogurt?

how does Veeky Forums like their Faggy® ""greek""" yogurt?

>fav flavors
>preferred method of eating Faggy yogurt (protip: there is only one correct way to eat faggy yogurt)
>any funny or witty anecdotes about faggy yogurt???

>blackberry acai is goat

>I spoon jam, then I spoon some Faggy, then I eat

>I'm the only one I know who likes Faggy, everyone says it's gross
fucking plebs

(Forgot to post mine)

Just buy the plain one and add your own flavours with strawberry jam or whatever.

By the way, Fage is considered shit-tier in Greece. Can you get Olympos or any other Greek brands?

coconut is goat

I don't because it's terrible. You seem like the kind of person who feels culturally intimidated by Starbucks

My kind of thread. I eat this everyday for breakfast.

>Slice a banana and dump a cup of yogurt into a bowl and mix, I hate the tart taste of yogurt, so this helps a lot
>Mix some raspberries into the bowl, yogurt taste is non existent at this point.
>Add granola
>Add some honey

Breakfast of champions. Thank me tomorrow morning.

Maybe this is why Sams Club stopped carrying it...

My "breakfast of champions" is as follows:

- Bowl of Greek yogurt
- 1 diced kiwi
- 1 thinly sliced banana
- Organic Omega-3 seed mix (dirt cheap on amazon if you bulk-buy)
- Greek Barley rusks, broken into pieces
- Greek Honey

It's fucking amazing and I'm not hungry till lunchtime.

What the fuck is it with Greek yoghurt? Why not just buy full-fat yoghurt?

>best way to eat
mix 1:1 with ice-cold water, pinch of salt, whisk it up and drink it.

Greek yogurt is just strained yogurt

The fact that your flyover store only sells nonfat Greek yogurt has nothing to do with the definition

It's not just strained it uses a different culture than other yogurts. Something "bulgaricus" or whatever

>bulgaricus
Yes,as it happens Greece is near Bulgaria, another country that has a yogurt eating tradition

Do you suppose Bulgaria the country was named after the bacteria, or the other way around?

That wasn't my question. Nice diversion into "flyover" when nobody mention nonfat Greek yogurt. Is your name Kostopoulos, by any chance?

Why would I buy disgusting congealed Greek yogurt when I can buy glorious full fat yogurt?

Sweet yogurt is shit.

This plus shallots, salt, pepper, and a little bit of dill.

>That wasn't my question.
Except it was
>Nice diversion into "flyover"
It's hard to avoid being diverted when the flyover comes to talk about his opinions on the newfangled yogurt and avocadoes meme
>nobody mention nonfat Greek yogurt.
Except you
>Is your name Kostopoulos, by any chance?
Nope
>Why would I buy disgusting congealed Greek yogurt
You seem to have a very poor understanding of how cultured dairy products work, in general
> when I can buy glorious full fat yogurt?
Why buy disgusting congealed water when I can buy glorious ice?

>Except it was
>except you

>What the fuck is it with Greek yoghurt? Why not just buy full-fat yoghurt?

Don't see the word "nonfat" there famalamadingdong. Would you like to try again, Alessandro?

Why would I buy disgusting Greek yogurt when I just buy glorious full fat yogurt?

>Why would I buy disgusting Greek yogurt when I just buy glorious full fat yogurt?
See and who is Alessandro? Is that like the Lady Gaga song?

Nice try Grekos, but if you stretched your brain for a second you'd realise I clearly can purchase disgusting Greek yogurt if I chose to, and know it to be inferior to glorious full fat yogurt.

The fact you can't seem to understand this, or the basic concept of disgusting Greek yogurt v's glorious full fat yogurt, seems to imply you are projecting your flyover status on to other, because otherwise you'd understand the simple distinction.

>I clearly can purchase disgusting Greek yogurt if I chose to, and know it to be inferior to glorious full fat yogurt.
If your flyover store had more than one kind of Greek yogurt instead of just the "healthy" [sic] nonfat version, you could even have it both ways!
>Grekos
Strained yogurt isn't even unique to Greece, but I wouldn't expect facts like that to penetrate the anti-intellectual flyover distortion field. Have fun fucking chickens while ranting about people who pretend to like obscure fruit like limes

There you go again on the "nonfat Greek yogurt" meme. Nobody said anything about non-fat but you, which says a lot.

>Strained yogurt isn't even unique to Greece

This is a thread about disgusting Greek yogurt. Stop deflecting, Stavros.

explains why yogurt i made using fage as a starter ended up mediocre

You've been ranting for a good 15 minutes now about how much better "full fat yogurt is" compared to "Greek yogurt", indicating a fundamental lack of understanding of terminology.
>Stavros
There yo go again, flyover. Flyovers think of strained yogurt as "Greek" because the only strained yogurt they've ever seen at their flyover store was some French Vanilla and Strawberries flavor "Greek" yogurt pitched at women (the only people who eat yogurt, in flyover land).

In your small flyover mind, you cannot conceive of the idea that there exist many kinds of yogurt, some strained, some not, from all over Eurasia. Of course, the irony that more strained yogurt is eaten in Turkey than in Greece, or that Greeks and Turks are ancestral enemies, escapes you because you divide the world into "people who hate America" and "people who love America", and since you aren't really sure whether Greeks (or Turks) love America or hate America, something as complicated as having their own motivations and attitudes unrelated to America is beyond comprehension.

Keep on spouting ignorance, cleetus. It's why I come here, Veeky Forums is basically an electronic zoo full of your kind.

>You've been ranting for a good 15 minutes
Only one ranting here is you, Andronikos

Kill yourself, Kantakouzenos.

The Key lime flavors I've tried are surprisingly good.

Greek yogurt has more protein by volume, which makes it more filling and improves the consistency (and technically makes it more nutritious, since you're literally getting more nutrients). Both non-fat and regular fat Greek yogurt are tastier than their non-Greek analogues.

I'm from nowhere near that part of the world, cleetus

Granola. That's all it needs

Whatever you say, Nikephoros.

Don't do that, it doesn't work (I also tried it). Try finding something that looks like pic-related (preferably with a skin). It will most likely be on sale at an overpriced world/health/hipster-foods place but you're using half as a starter and you can eat the other half, so it actually works out cheap.

wtf is all this greek-hate about lads? Also why do you keep mentioning "full-fat yogurt" like it's a type of yogurt? You understand that full-fat just refers to % of fat not the type of yogurt right?

well it made yogurt fine, just the flavor reminded me of some stuff i got from great value. also you forgot your picture

>Also why do you keep mentioning "full-fat yogurt" like it's a type of yogurt? You understand that full-fat just refers to % of fat not the type of yogurt right?
Flyovers have a quixotic belief in something they call "normal food"

The "normal" version of everything is just whatever version existed in their supermarkets between 1950 and Current Year

It has little to do with food taxonomy as understood by the rest of the world (or as flyovers call it, "terrorists")

You're right, here's the pic. Apologies. The skin and the ceramic pot are a good indication, don't ask me why I dunno but it's been perfect 10/10 times I used this. To get good results, you need to strain the yogurt yourself though. Either with a tea-towel or a muslin for a few hours.

thanks

I couldn't be angry with such people, just feel sad for how much they're missing out on.

>wtf is all this Greek hate

Pay your debts deadbeat

Actual greek here. While we do have Fage yogurt, yours is the first I see that looks flavored. Why don't you just put regular jam in a plain flavored one instead?
But honestly if you are eating it with anything other honey you should kill yourself.

That's exactly what it is. It's not a strawberry yogurt. It's plain yogurt with jam/fruit compote at the bottom, that you stir together with the plain yogurt.

And yes, that brand does make a version of plain yogurt with honey to mix in with it.

Wait, so the yogurt itself comes with things to mix it with? In a full-sized cup? The only thing remotely close to that I've seen in Greece is pic related with different flavors. Do you know exactly how deep the jam goes as a percentage of the yogurt? Seems to me like it would still be better to get a plain one since you could add less if you wanted, or simply because you get more yogurt in general.

That pic is approximately the same, only the fruit stuff is on the bottom as opposed to in a separate slot. Some brands DO package it the way you pictured, though. It just depends on the brand/type you want to buy.

The serving portion of the yogurt itself is plenty. But then again, I'm not some greek yogurt fanatic that feels they need to eat a pound of the stuff every day. A standard cup, like your pic, is plenty.

Yeah, I just noticed OP's picture. Oops, I guess?
Also I understand what you mean about portions, but at least here the ones with jam are way more expensive than the plain ones. And since I even get more product for less price I always get it plain. Guess it doesn't make much of a difference if you don't have ready jam at home though. I know I never do when I'm in America.

Yeah, that's basically all it is--convenience. People who purchase stuff like OP's pic are people who take it to work, or want something fast to eat in the car. They want everything in one cup without having to go the extra steps of mixing in stuff on their own.

For the people who want to do that, they sell giant tubs of plain greek yogurt. Pint size or greater. I'd buy the large containers if I had a hankering for greek yogurt on a daily basis. I usually only have it a couple of times a week, though, so I buy the single serve cups.

>By the way, Fage is considered shit-tier in Greece.
Why's that?

It's not, he's lying.

>0% fat
using this instead, mostly buying when i want to make tzatziki

>0% fat
lmao enjoy your pure sugar carbs, fatty

Plain full fat version.

Fage full fat, 2%, and fat free all have 9 grams of sugar per 227g serving

I mix honey flavour with oats and go hard on it

>be greek
>travel abroad
>yogurt has the consistency of cream

Just fuck my shit up, senpai. How am I supposed to make tzatziki with this runny shit?

holy shit I've never met anyone else who does this, I use skyr because protein. literally the best way to consume yogurt.

Actual greek yogurt can only be kept in the fridge for like 4-5 days and looks like . It's thick, slightly textured, not runny or creamy and has an extra salty skin and like you need this kind of yogurt to make proper greek recipes like tzatziki or some pie doughs that need yogurt.

It really feels nothing like regular yogurt, I hope I get to eat more at some point in my life.

Incorrect. L. Bulgaricus is used in Greek yogurt, as well as non-Greek yogurt; however, Greek yogurt is just strained yogurt.

What you're thinking of is the difference between normal buttermilk and Bulgarian buttermilk; Bulgarian buttermilk uses L. Bulgaricus (one of several cultures used to make yogurt), hence the name.

Strain it?

buy fage

its the only mass market brand that actually strains their yogurt

I have no debts, I'm rich af.

Yes it is. Not shit-tier maybe, but it's one step above supermarket brand. I was always told they use shit-tier milk to make it. Out of the mainstream brands Olympos is the best one (pic-related) and then if you want proper good stuff you buy any of the brands that come in a ceramic dish or small producers like Erifi, Roumeli, Koukaki etc.

It's the same with Fage milk, it's okay but nothing amazing.

Buy lebanese labne

just make your own yogurt ffs

take milk, warm it up, add yogurt, stir well, keep somewhat warm for a day. Yogurt! To make it Greek yogurt, strain it through cheesecloth.

If you're on a cut and want something great to eat, mix 250g of 0% fat greek yogurt with 50g of your choice of casein flavour.
Has the consistency and taste of cheesecake filling.

>vacation to Astoria, Queens
>taste many different types of feta that's better than any feta I've ever had
>get Greek yogurt that's basically as good as good ice cream

This is one of the best aspects of living in a huge city. I didn't even know there were lots of varieties of feta until going into European markets in Astoria.

Astoria used to be 90% Greek. I think they've moved out to the suburbs now but they still own most of the shops/houses.

>lives in NYC
>takes "vacation" to Queens, NYC

user, that's not how vacations work.

agreed, it takes turns up your yogurt game up 300%

I drink Aryan, Kefir and so on. Never tried Skyr because I can't find a good version of it in the UK but I want to.

I swear to god ayran is addictive. I couldn't give a shit about yogurt as-is but if you mix that shit with some cold water and some mint then I'm down to fuck.

Different things, I love both. Yogurt can be had as mentioned above in the thread as a breakfast food but is also perfect to make stuff with.

Blueberry is the only one that has any good texture.