Anyone air fry?

anyone air fry?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fvDQoX_ftC8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

how different is an air fryer from a convection oven?

it's not

It's basically a small convection oven from the looks of it

it has a high speed fan that rapidly circulates the hot air around the food.

this afaik. also its designed so that the air currents are concentrated and dispersed more evenly.

Seems like another potentially wasteful kitchen gadget for people to spend their money on.

why air fry when u can deep fry

air frying cuts the calories since it uses very little oil

but does it taste as good

when you have to photoshop fucking potatoes into your god damned product, you have a problem.

Anyway, i've seen a few of these used at a trade show once, alongside those "keurig machines but for tortillas wow so quirky" machines. They were both shit and malfunctioned on the floor in the displays.

youtube.com/watch?v=fvDQoX_ftC8

Seems pretty pointless for 100$ if you already have a convection oven.

just buy a hair drier and save a few bucks

they don't do battered food well so i don't really see the point

my mum has one of these

it's shit

Chips are better done in this than the oven. They're more crispy on the outside.

i got one

does chips well and just about everything ive puit in there has come out great considering no need to preheat just press a button or 2 come back when it beeps ykno

easy to use and a fair few things taste just as good as if you'd taken the time to prepare it the "traditional" way but some foods benefit from being cooked in the oil or fat or whatever in a pan

I'd hate not being able to use an electronic oven thermometer though, there's no rubber seal to get the probe wire in like with an oven AFAICS.

Huh?

why would probing even matter when you have no degree of control over this dinky countertop clutter anyways. if your anal to use a probe then get a proper fryer

I use a thermometer like this when preparing a piece of meat in the oven.

You made this thread with the same picture last month you cockmunch

your friend bought one for you or some shit