Buffalo Sauce

Not from America but interested in trying Buffalo food. So far the only constants I've found from searching is

>Frank's Hot Sauce
>Butter
>Worcestshire Sauce
>Vinegar
>Garlic

Do you just mix it all in a saucepan like it says and cook it that way? Any recipes for it and what to cook with it welcome too.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

frank's is watery vinegary crap

It's what is in traditional hot sauce ya dip

Mix Frank's and melted butter. That's all standard wing sauce is. Mild is more butter, hot is less butter.

You can add other stuff, if you want, but there's no real cooking involved.

Beef on weck is easy to do at home. Just moisten a bun and roll it in salt, then throw roast beef and horseradish in the fucker.

Uh, I guess loganberry is one of our things too, mountain dew black label is a reasonable substitute. Crystal beach is the good stuff though.

t. From Buffalo

You're over-complicating it. It's really just Frank's (a brand of chili pepper in vinegar sauce) emulsified with butter. That's it. Chili peppers, vinegar, and butter, most frequently tossed with deep fried chicken. It's good, but it's really nothing to write home about. I'd say it's about the US equivalent of kebab, but slightly more interesting. Basically drunk food.

Buffalo is a drinking town with a sports problem.

Buffalo chicken is a nation wide dish. Nobody actually cares about the town it originated in at this point.

>3rd largest city in America for decades
>"town"

Are you retarded, or just uninformed?

>buffalo
>3rd largest city in america

You what now? If people still used dictionaries there would be a picture of Buffalo next to the entry for "flyover".

> arguing with dubs
> not knowing what past tense is
> thinking major airports are flyover

Retarded then, gotcha.

>implying BUF is a major airport

>caring about dubs
>having such bad grammar that you think that past tense was in any way implied
>thinking anything upstate new york isn't flyover

Here's a handy chart.

Um, for the rest of the world anything the isn't NYC or Long Island is considered upstate New York, which is to say that nobody cares about it and it has no significance.

>come to Veeky Forums for sauce recipe and what to put them on
>get flyover conversation instead

what about caraway seeds? au jus? fuck you just go to swiston's beef and keg and get the best weck you'll ever have

i call it soda, my friends and family call it soda, the only people that i've found that call it pop are restaurants, oddly enough.

fun buffalo story for buffalo fags
>be me
>be 13
>at TED's oh fuck yes that loganberry
>want normal dog, dad orders me foot long with chili
>eat half, filled up on loganberry
>FUCKING EAT IT YOU SHIT
>force it down
>rumble rumble
>make it half way to the garbage can..
>CHILI CHEESE LOGANBERRY VOMIT EVERYWHERE
>10/10 stop there every time i'm in buffalo

[nospoilersonck]rochester is ten times better despite ten times more murderous[/nospoilersonck]

>Buffalo food
It's one food, just chicken, anything else with Buffalo sauce tastes ass

>3rd largest city in America
Not even close. Take a look at number 78
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population

>"flyover"

OP, that's the original recipe, indeed, with that hint of worchestershire and raw crushed garlic. You shouldn't need to outright add vinegar, though if you use a sauce that has a lot of it. Crystal, franks, tabasco...and any kind of mexican brand...they all vary in flavor and recipe within them. For instance Tabasco has a lot more vinegar than Crystal.

The warmed sauce when you melt the butter is often tossed in a large metal bowl together the moment the wings come out of the oven or fryer. And extra on the side for people who like it very hot. You can increase fiery heat with a spoonful of chili paste (not chili garlic paste). People debate the right kind of breading or no breading on buffalo wings, and places like Hooters offer both choices. The only constant truth is they should be crisped skin, quite done chicken. People don't want to be biting the clinging meat off the bones several times to get it clean. Well done wings can be bitten and both the skin and meat should uncling cleanly from the bone in a single bite or two, slip off really, and skin is more palatable if its well done. Underdone wings cling and have floppy skin. If it doubt, cook them longer.

My favorite wings restaurants are in Miami, where a local rendition has been copied among 2-3 local restaurant chefs. Hole in the wall, keg south, sports grill. These places fry the wings as usual, and then lightly brush them with garlic rich worcestershire and then lay them over the charcoal grill to dry the worchestershire and recrisp the skin If you let one of these guys cater your next party, that grill is key to smoky salty umami deliciousness. They are served naked like that with the hot buffalo sauce on the side. If you really want to do the experience right for the first time, you serve celery sticks and chunky blue cheese dip alongside, because the a dip in buffalo sauce followed by a dip in creamy dairy cools the burn. (Babies who don't like blue cheese do ranch).

>
rd largest city in America
>Not even close. Take a look at number 78
Nor was it ever #3.....could it have been #3 in New York, that's doubtful too.

I think he's just an idiot. Don't humor him further.

Buffalo is famous for one thing, being cold from lake effect wind and winter.

>Sauce recipe
>First thing you need to do is go buy these two other sauces

Where are you from, OP? And why are you obsessed with buffalo wings? I honestly don't think anyone outside of America would enjoy it.

Bumping the thread.
I also have no access to Frank's. Anyone have a recipe for making something similar from scratch?

What DO you have access to? Franks is in the dictionary next to generic. Any vinegar based pepper sauce will do.

Pretty much any of the vinegary type hot sauces will work well. Tabasco, Crystal, Tapatio, Cholula, etc.

If you can't find any of those then just put some red chili in vinegar, let it soak for a while, and puree it. The flavor is mostly vinegar with a little red pepper.

Thanks, I actually have tabasco at home. The pureed vinegar + chili is interesting too, gonna try it.

the real trick to hotwings is getting the skin crispy anyway, which can be hard with fatty wings. Alton Brown suggests par steaming them then oven frying them. Alternatively, frying them in really hot oil will do it.

coat in seasoned cornstarch and fry.
crispy wings.

hot sauce and butter heated through
toss

The key is to make a good blue cheese dressing to dip it in.

Get a nice stilton, danish blue, or gorganzola and mix it with mayo, sour cream, white pepper, salt, and garlic powder.

Nothing beets hot buffalo wings with freshly made blue cheese dressing.

Long Island has unwarranted importance. It could easily become its own state (like most LAWNG EYELANDERSS want) and nothing would be lost. That is unless you like annoying whiny jew accents, women with shitty hair, guidos, and endless strip malls.

>coating

Dubious. Coating hotwings in any way is a recipe for disaster.

>t. From Buffalo
My negro.

Buffalo is getting some unwarranted shit in this thread. The place has really turned around in the past five years or so. Elmwood Village and Allentown are great if you are under 30 and love booze and the immigrant population are bringing a nice vibe to Hertel.

OP you don't have to use Frank's. Hell use ghee and soy sauce instead of butter and Worcestshire if you want to, throw in some ginger. Don't listen to autists.

cornstarch is hardly a coating, and it gives the sauce something to cling to.

I use the baking powder + salt coating technique and then bake in the oven at 450, they get crispy enough without frying.

Proper beef on weck is made from roasted top round, at med to med-rare. Then it should be quartered and sliced against the grain at a 3 setting on a deli slicer

>Live in Buffalo
>Sous chef out here
>We roast and slice all of our own top round

I've never used Worcestshire Sauce in mine. I just use sauce, butter and garlic.

Bake chicken wings at 375 for... until they're done. Melt butter, mix in hot sauce and whatever else you want in a large bowl. Put chicken in bowl and mix until chicken is thoroughly covered in sauce. Eat.

One of the easiest junk (drunk) food recipes America has to offer.

>spicy vinegary chicken
>whats not to like?

I bet if you didn't tell people it was an American first most people would love it.
Claim its an ancient Chinese recipe.

Buffalo wings are delicious you brainless faggot

Loved Buffalo everytime I've visited. Husband is native.

There's a local type of hot dog in bright red casings. It's literally the only hot dog I'll eat.

*an American recipe

these georgia hots are da' bomb

that's the problem with coatings. the sauce soaks into it and it ends up being too vinegary.