Go short/long after an exhausted bull/bearrun

>Go short/long after an exhausted bull/bearrun
>Even if it keeps going, it always comes back down since the volatility is too high

I've made 13 trades so far on bitmex, only once did I sell at a loss. Since the volatility is so high, it's almost guaranteed to go below/above your buying price at some point given you don't weak-hand sell your position

I started 3 days ago with 0.3BTC and I'm up to 1.5 doing exactly this with no TA except buying large candles.

Am I lucky or did I crack the code to infinite money?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AVYNKsBqh7E
bitmex.com/register/SVU1C1
youtu.be/zC5O-Of8g8U&t=5s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

teach me
how much leverage did you use?
timeframes? any tips?

Before anyone asks. I usually use 25x leverage with around 20-30% of my holdings.

I literally just baghold until I see decent profits. Sometimes (around 60%) I sell in minutes at 10-20% profits since I usually only buy-in at extended candles, my chances of a bounce/retrace is >50%, sometimes it keeps going in the wrong direction but as long as I baghold some minutes/hours it always comes back down/up.

>25x leverage
>No TA.

...well if it works, user. best of luck. I turned 0.1 btc into something like 3 doing x50 leverage. I also got rekted and lost it all. You can trade this way but its best to understand what the market is doing.

It has been working well, almost too well. I'm feeling like I'm going to get JUST'd repeatedly soon. Has anyone else done anything similar, and if so, what are your profits/losses?

As an example. This is my position as we speak. I had to baghold this for some hours as it soared past the buyin, but surely enough it came down. Selling soon.

wow
glad that worked out for ya
I’ll try it again next year
after link reaches singularity
thanks though

the old saying "market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent" comes to mind

you are going to lose. with jews, you lose.

started with .5btc
turned it to zero
I’m just more handicapable i guess

You can make 100 good trades, all it takes is a single bad trade to wipe you out.

Just be careful with your risk. Assume sooner or later you will get stuck in terrible positions.I feel 20%-30% is too much. At the end of movements I usually try to cut down on leverage, but if it works for you consistently maybe you're unconsciously noticing something.

he trades with 20-30% of his stack
he can’t get wiped out with one trade unless he acts like me and keeps adding to his position or lowering leverage in order to avoid liquidation

yeah, thats gambling. If it had gone up just a few hundred dollars you would have got rekt'd. I like bitmex and I like scalping. But please take the time to learn when to open positions.

>i started three days ago
Haha, you faggot never experienced a BTC bullrun or crash, only the lame sideway shit, and you talk like you know it all ?
I am going to enjoy your pink wojak of liquidation.

hodling shorts is a meme. sell at -10% max, get your gains back in the next movement

The more you get the greedier you get, doesn't matter if he says now he won't, one day he will feel confident and he will make a mistake.
Cash out profits now OP, once you'll have your initial investment out enjoy the ride.

I'm not even claiming to be remotely experienced. I just sat in some money for fun and I'm baffled at the results.

would you minsd sparing some user?
I’ll give x2 if I make more
:^)

could you draw a graph explaining this strategy I'm retard

It's really simple.

Buy in after a huge extended run or dump. Over 50% of the time you'll see instant profits on the bounce/retrace, if it keeps going, just hold, don't get weakhanded and sell at a loss, it will usually come down again, then sell.

time frame for said candle?

I bought at the very top of a bullrun, the chances of the bulls having enough fuel to run for another hundred dollars is very unlikely

i'm actually making decent money swing trading btc. i'm considering using bitmex but i want to do it with profits, which i am not in right now.

During sideway shit, what you're doing is great m8
But you need to understand something VERY important : always be cringing when shorting, because the bull is always around the corner.

The only time anybody ever loses everything in crypto is when they trade on margin. Why risk your ticket into the elite class? In three years everybody who's holding crypto now will make it

why do burgers have to get fucked over so hard. I have been learning TA and scalping for the past month or so waiting to start trading, but all these fucking exchanges won't let me participate.

FUUUUUCCCCK

I know burgers using VPN's to trade on bitmex, try that.

Also exited my short position, sold at 10085. Going long after the next dump.

im learning with the testnet, its fun as hell.

can i get my assets seized by bitmex if i do that? I just starting learning about things anticipating getting in after the january crash, but i cant get a hardware wallet yet because of all the fomoing in during december

>if it keeps going, just hold, don't get weakhanded and sell at a loss

Yeah except that if it runs too far you'll get liquidated.
You don't seem to have too much room on your positions. How can you know you're not gonna get liquidated? This strategy might work better when you're not using leverage, in that case you could really just baghold for a while.

I don't think so. I know of several burgers who has deposited and withdrew without any problems, but try at your own risk, they might crack down in the future, who knows.

Only way you're going to make fuck you money is trading on margin.

Mainly because I buy after extended runs. As an example, buying in after this extended run to 10050 would be a good entry point. Sure, it COULD go down another 400 dollars, but the chances of that happening is marginal since so many people are trying to buy the dips (in essence doing the same thing as me)

Interesting. Because I think this dump is far from being over.

Are you long right now?

Yes. Entered a long position at 10095. Sell target at 10180.

Yeah well, you do the little scalps, you don't hold for too long

I still think your risk/reward ratio is off. You basically risk over a BTC to make way less than that.

Halp a brainlet out.

I want to try shorting, and have been trying the bitmex test net to get a handle on things.
I don't understand what mark price is though

bear flag, ascending triangle...flag just broke down...this is going sub 10k. I'm shorting eth @ 871

If you start winning, it's important to manage carfully you portfolio. It changes everything

are you mainly shorting or longing?

Shorting mostly, but that's due to the market at the moment

What is this one mistake and your stack is gone meme?

Ever heard of not trading with your entire stack and risk management?

when you're placing your entry price... are you matching it with the mark price?

what confuses me is the difference between the Orderbook price and the Mark price

Which should i focus more on? (i'm using the testnet now)

If the mark price is far higher than the orderbook price, it usually indicates that it's overbought/oversold as long as you buy in on the right side of it.

Yeah faggottino, but OP has described how he trades with his whole stack and he doesn't manage his risk at all. In fact he could get liquidated any time and would lose all of his BTC with only one mistake.

I pointed out how I only trade with 20-30% of my stack, what are you talking about?

Illiterate fuck. He said 20-30% of his stack.

Sold at 10200 at 26%profit. Waiting to short at a higher entry.

its way more confusing on the testnet because theres usually like a $100 difference between the orderbook price and the mark price

i just looked in at the live trading on bitmex, and the two prices are much closer

what time period are you looking at to base your decisions? 1h, 30min, 1min ... or just overall flow of the candles?

The screenshot here shows otherwise. He said he worked his way to 1.5 BTC, so that should be all OP has. The screenshot shows he's using 1.1794 BTC as margin. So if he gets liquidated he loses that amount. So no, he's not just risking 20-30%. He's risking almost 80% of his stack.

how are you closing your position? just with a market close?

bump

Place a sell order and wait for it to get sold, usually.

how many trades did you do to get from 0.3 to 1.5 ?

did the same the the other week from 0.1 to 0.55... can't be that easy

cause there weren't too many 200% events in BTC, there was a single event like this past few days

You buy(long) 1 contract.
In order to gain btc do you have to eventually sell or is this it?

what are you talking about? you don't need 200% events when you're trading with leverage and both shorting/longing at various points in time

there are people who make millions of dollars off the small 1-5% movements up and down

Bitcoin 44x shorting music I'll start

youtube.com/watch?v=AVYNKsBqh7E

OP can you answer this?

looks like your risking more than you assume?

My stack was worth 1.8BTC at that point, the trade cost 0.7 (the margin amount shows your entry+the unrealised PNL)

you have a telegram or twitter, some easier way we can chat? ask some questions, would appreciate it greatly

@wallty on T

go long x10 ETC now

If any of you anons are going to sign up, use this link for 10% off fees:
bitmex.com/register/SVU1C1
If you're a burger just sign up with a VPN and then you can login with a US IP to trade and withdraw. I've been doing this for months, no questions asked. Once you get signed up, don't do anything stupid like open a 100X leverage position. Read about margin trading and then read some more. You can never learn too much. Remember anons, limit orders and stop losses to not lose money.

Mark price is what decides if you're liquidated or not. Many noobs don't know this and get REKT. I can't tell you how many times I got rekt starting out because I was too big of a brainlet to understand mark price.

Most important thing with risky trades like this is once things start to seem to good to be truth is to just stop...for like a few days!

I did 3 trades at 100x leverage. Tripled my stack. Sold at a loss only once.
Albeit, I started 0.01 BTC so it's absolute peanuts.
Only do it with what you can afford to lose, this shit is absolutely brutal. I mean, even with the monopoly money you made, you will feel anxious trading it at 100x.

This video has some good tips youtu.be/zC5O-Of8g8U&t=5s

>volatility is too high
BTC is literally less volatile than the US stock markets ya dingus.

It's not. I've been margin trading stocks and they're far less volatile

Global rule 11

Advertising (all forms) is not welcome—this includes any type of referral linking, "offers", soliciting, begging, stream threads, etc.

>t. bought at 19k
The age of the moon is dead. Shorting is the way to go if you arent some cheap fuck who put sub 1k into crypto

Entered a new long at 9919.

Good luck user

Sold at 9975 at around 17% profits. Waiting for a new short position.

Ima scared of leverages, how should I start with this? start with small amount that I can afford to loose?

Use Market stops or eventually get JUSTed

seems like you're gonna trap yourself into thinking all of these trades will work out, where in reality every week there's one trade that would've fucked you beyond belief.

Take your long position that you just took at 9919, which is probably because you saw it was support - that would not have worked 2 days ago as the price plunged right under the support and kept going.

I've had basically your returns within a few weeks, and thought I was the hot shit, but got liquidated almost all my account within 2 days. Play safe.