Grammie's Recipe

What's the greatest cookie known to man?
Fuck you, it's chocolate chip macaroons.
Fight me nerds.

Wow, Veeky Forums doesn't have any cookie recipes?
I thought this was a cooking board.

Maybe you should contribute something instead of just sitting around waiting for spoonfeeding then sperging out when not replied to immediately on a slow board.

go fuck a stick

He did wait an hour for a basic cookie recipe. A bump seems fair.

I've never had your cookie OP but it sounds like it would rival a maple/macadamia/white chocolate chip cookie.

Outlaw cookies. Grandmother invented them. No you can't have a picture, no you can't have a description. Well guarded family secret.

My grandma's christmas sugar cookies. I emailed the recipe and got this full on grandma letter

>SUGAR COOKIES

>1 1/2 cups flour (all-purpose flour)
>1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
>1/4 teaspoon salt
>1/2 cup butter ( We use margarine)
>1/2 cup sugar ( We use white sugar) as brown sugar will change the taste and texture of the cookies.

>1 egg yolk, slightly beaten with fork (place egg yolk in cup or small bowl to beat and use rubber spatula to scrape all of yolk out of bowl and into batter)

>3 tablespoons of milk ( We measure the milk into a glass for later when we pour alternately with the flour.

>1/2 to 1 teaspoons vanilla (depends on individual's taste for vanilla. Grandpa likes a teaspoon!)

METHOD

>Stir the flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.

>In a separate bowl, cream the butter or marg; add sugar gradually(little at a time) to butter and beat well after each addition (about 3 additions)

>Add egg yolk and mix well. Add dry ingredients alternately with the milk and add vanilla. This part can be difficult as sometimes the batter seems stiff and sometimes too sticky but keep stirring. Chill dough thoroughly. Could divide into two pieces as easier to roll.

>Roll dough 1/4" thick on lightly floured board or waxed paper. Cut with cookie cutter ( or upside down glass )

>Bake on UNGREASED cookie sheet in a moderate oven (375 F. ) 8 to 10 minutes (Watch closely......burn quickly :-) ) This recipe only makes about 3 dozen medium cookies. We usually double the recipe. Hope the cookies turn out the way you like them.
Grandma

Followed it to the letter and replicated them perfect. Thank you based gramma

BUTTER FROSTING

1/4 CUP BUTTER
2 1/2 CUPS ICING SUGAR
3 TO 4 TABLESPOONS MILK
1 TEASPOON VANILLA OPTIONAL
Cream butter, gradually add icing sugar and milk alternately, vanilla if you like. If frosting is too thick or too thin to spread on cookies, add more milk or icing sugar. Or good without icing.

Peppernoten bitch

Ingredients:
1/2 cup (150 g) honey
1/4 cup (60 g) water
1/2 cup (100 g) bruine basterdsuiker, see Tips
3 1/3 cup (300 g) rye flour
1/2 tsp (3 g) salt
Sunflower oil, to grease
1 1/2 tbsp (12 g) ground aniseed
1 tbsp (10 g) baking powder, sieved
You will need:
A sugar thermometer
A hand mixer with a dough hook attachment
Or a stand mixer with dough hook attachment
9-inch spring form cake tin (22 cm)

Preparation: In a saucepan, heat the honey with 2 3/4 tbsp (40 g) of the water and the sugar until the mixture reaches 194 degrees F (90 degrees C) on a sugar thermometer. Remove the saucepan from the heat and mix in the rye flour and salt using a hand mixer with a dough hook attachment (or pour the mixture into the bowl of a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment and knead the dough that way). Knead the dough thoroughly.
Grease some plastic wrap with sunflower oil and cover the dough with the plastic wrap. Allow the dough to rest for one day at room temperature.

The next day, preheat the oven to 340 degrees F (170 degrees C). Add the ground aniseed, the remaining 1 1/3 tbsp (20 g) of water and the baking powder and knead well. Rub a little of the sunflower oil into your hands and roll little balls, roughly the size of a marble. Place the balls into a round spring form cake tin. The cake tin may be densely packed, it doesn't matter if the pepernoten touch each other.

Bake the pepernoten for 20 minutes in the preheated oven until golden brown. When you lightly press down on the cookies, they should bounce back a little. Take the tin from the oven, invert over a dish and separate the pepernoten. Allow to cool and keep in an air-tight container.

By the Basterdsuiker from a Dutch import store or online. DO NOT substitute it with any other Sugar.

Peaked my interest, another dutch bro in here.

War zijn de hagelslag :DDDDD.

I gotta buy some of that Candy De Ruijter stuff, haven't had it for a while.

what is in speculaas spice, Dutchies. Can I replicate it or do I need to find it

Move out to some of the fruit flavored stuff.
Orange is refreshing.
I sometimes mix orange and classic choc. :DDD

Of course you have to find the cookies.
All Dutch people go out before Christmas looking under Speculaas trees for speculaas koekjes.
Don't you know anything about the Netherlands?

nvm

8 parts cinnamon
2 parts nutmeg
2 parts ground cloves
1 part white pepper
1 part ground ginger
1 part cardamom

Sure wishing Grandpa didn't liberate you guys right about now.

My nigga, I always used to mix them. Did you ever have the Pillshaped ones? Like the Blue and White mix.

Also who here /dropje/?

tfw Danish granny makes Klenät every Christmas. I know it's just fried lemon flavored dough, but goddamn.

I have, but i prefer the original :p
MY NIGGA

Why would we? It's a third world country filled with syrians

Desginated Dutch thread now?

If you guys are Dutch and haven't had Uitsmijter you aren't human.
>
Dutch Cooking General I started here.

Moroccans not Syrians

I unironically think this is a good idea.

"What's something I never want to forget?"

Not for long.

Groot-Nederland wanneer?

NU

First Brazil, than the world.

anzac cookies are fucking godly tbqh

wtf is an anzac cookie?

No need to fight here, bro. I agree. Chocolate chip macaroons are the GOAT tier cookie. My absolute favorite ever. Last week, I ate a whole batch of them by myself, because I have NO CONTROL when they're around.

He (you) could use google

cookies that australian wives used to send their husbands during ww1 (hence the name anzac). they're delicious

Oatmeal with crushed up mini reeses, so basically oatmeal peanut butter chocolate chip. You can usually just replace the chocolate chips that your recipe calls for with anything else in your oatmeal cookies, as long as you make sure to balance the batter out accordingly.

I've never had macaroons.

My grandmother makes this cookie, tops it with this coconut shit, and covers the top with fudgey chocolate. It's wonderful but I have no idea what it's called. She usually just calls it the Mounds cookie but that's not exactly what it is.

Other favorites from her include
>chocolate nutty fudgey ball with a chocolate kiss inside
>classic chocolate chip without nuts though because she always uses macadamia and not pecans, walnuts, or almonds
>rugelach
>this thumbprint cookie that's halfway between a cookie and shortbread with marmalade filling
>russian tea cakes
>this chocolate covered cherry thing thats almost the same as the coconut but with a chocolate cookie and cherry filling
>tender lemon cookies with lemon creme filling and white chocolate
>white chocolate, coconut, and apricot thing

She never really makes macaroons or shortbread though.

Kolachky, the taste of childhood.

Delicious.

>Kolachky
Spell kolaczki correctly, you inbred shitter

Easy recipe with minimal effort

>Stir flour vanilla extract, a whole egg, chlorox, your own piss, and just for extra flavour, add your own foreskin.
> Put in the oven for 325° Kelvin for about (9Fortnights*3hours)/10 weeks
Take out and put icing on them

You make icing like this
>You dont
>i want to kill myself

Fuck off Poland. I bet you put cream cheese and jam in them.

>calling this abomination "pierogi"

Poland invented vodka.

Maybe you guys can help me, I've been needing more protein in my diet and have been looking for ways to make a bunch of on the go snacks to eat instead of meals.

I was thinking about protein powder brownies, does anyone have any recommendations for recipes or powder to use? Or do they all taste like shit?

Protein shakes and all the equivalent make me sick, so I thought turning them into brownies would be a good idea.