Why do poor people buy shitty prefab foods?

Why do poor people buy shitty prefab foods?

Buying whole foods in bulk is way cheaper and healthier.

Whats up with that Veeky Forums

Because having to cook is "work."

It's not so much poor people than it is stupid and lazy people.

where the fuck do I get the money to buy in bulk faggot? I've never had 10 dollars in my life.

Some people don't have space for bulk buys. As far as prefab foods goes sometimes folks are too tired for cooking and you can't just repeatedly have sleep for a meal.

That image is so dumb but I love it.

Some people don't have the space to store bulk, the car to transport bulk, the proximity to bulk stores to reach bulk...plenty of reasons.

Big bags of lets say rice, do not cost that much.

By saving a bit of money by buying whole foods you can increase your food budget slowly.

most people have jobs and don't have 3 hours per evening after getting home, walking the dog, changing kids diapers, ect to practice cooking in their moms kitchen after getting enough balls to leave the basement for once.

>Big bags of lets say rice, do not cost that much.
yes they do, we don't all live in a third world country.

I'm doing well finding cheap rice in the greatest country on earth.

Go to a farmers market and buy the biggest bag of rice you can find, I guarantee you its cheap as fuck.

I can't afford travelling to a farmers market.

The situation you are in right now is a sum of your choices.

Choose a different life.

>a different life
I.
Can't
Afford.
It.

do you live in a basement?
is the basement owned by one or both of your primary care givers?

I live in an apartment.

who pays for the apartment

No one, it's an abandoned building.

do you live in the developing world?

No, I live in north korea.

I'll take that as a yes, you live in the developing world.

user?

You
Can't
Afford
It

Poor people often come from shitty homes, so they never had their parents teach them cooking basics. And they don't have the time and ressources to learn now.

Poor people are poor because they are ignorant, often stupid, and generally make poor life decisions. How is this news to you?

Stupid people are poor
Stupid people buy prefabs

That's what leftovers are for.

What do you cook every might that takes 3 hours of constant attention? Do you try to cut all of your food with a butter knife amd heat everything in your childhood easy bake oven?

post the firefox version pls i need it

It does take time. You gotta get all your stuff together, cook rice, prepare vegetables, stir fry some meats or whatever. Then those pots and pans soak a bit while you're eating. Then you've got dishes to wash and dry, counters to sanitize (plus the stove, possibly microwave). Then you have to wash up because cooking is always a bit splattery.

BS I can get a 5kg sack of indian or pakistani basmati rice for about $12AU, surely the states isn't much different

Go to your local indian, pakistani or se asian grocery store

Most of those can be done at the same time. When I'm busy cooking takes about 20 minutes of my attention a day. Less if I make leftovers.

I'm not from the states, I told you, I don't live in a third world country.

Cook rice, steam veges, fry meat. Shouldn't take longer than half an hr. More like 20 mins.

I'm not from a third world country either, and I have access to bulk high quality cheap imported rice.

Stop responding to the Australians.

>buy all ingredients
>put it together myself
>takes time and effort
>tastes way worse than if I just bought it all in one pack pre-made

The path of least resistance will always win

Lazy, lack of education and the commong misconception that buying anything aside from premade and fastfood is more expensive.

>astes way worse than if I just bought it all in one pack pre-made
>implying

It's called learning. It's that thing you do when you don't want to pay somebody else to do the work. If you're all for shelling out money for something you could easily do yourself, by all means... But I'd rather save my money, spend a little extra time, and make my own food, presumably out of more healthy ingredients, for that matter.