Chili is one of that things I never felt like making myself...

Chili is one of that things I never felt like making myself, like pizzas sushi and all that shit you usually buy "premade" but its about time to do it

Can I get that long image of chili recipe or just some recipes?

"that long image" is shit. I'll post a step-by-step of some chili that doesn't suck.

I found it
Nice, I will look at it, will buy the shit in a couple of hours

First you need some peppers. Variety is good since it makes for better flavor. Fuck pre-ground chili powder, that stuff loses a lot of flavor once it's ground and exposed to the air.

Clockwise from upper left: Anaheim, Guajillo, arbol, ancho, jalapeno, and habanero

Chop off the stem ends. If you want to reduce the heat then you can remove the seeds. I didn't because I like it hot.

Put the peppers in the blender, then add some beer. Cheap beer is fine. This is going to sit and soak while we do some other prep.

Now go light your grill. Why? That will be clear in a moment.

While you're waiting for the coals to be ready, season a couple steaks with S&P. In this case I used a couple of Sirloins.

Get the steaks & the fresh peppers on the grill to get a good sear. Don't worry about cooking the steaks through--all we're doing is browning them for dat malliard.

You're looking for something like this.

Chop up the peppers & dump 'em in the blender with the dry ones. By now the beer will have largely softened them.

>no poblano
It's like you hate flavor

Will it blend? You bet it will.

that recipe is fucking foul. never make that shit please

Nah, it's more like the poblanos at the market were moldy so I didn't buy any.

Besides, I have anchos. And anchos are merely dried poblanos.

When you're done dealing with the whiny plebs, cut up your meat.

And speaking meat, just like with the peppers variety is key.

Plate at the bottom is venison.

this shit is for grandmas

this is looking nice. If I see any fucking beans though...

We need onions too.

>buy chili
>done
how the fuck do you make a pepper? this isn't /gardening/

Aw shit, Texas bro in here. HEB carries some pretty good (and cheap) lamb. Shoulder chops are recommended buying.

That watch gets me every fucking time.

Chop 'em.

Here's the rest of the spread.

Brown the ground meat in the bottom of the pot. The flash makes this seem rather light in color, but it needs to be browned for the malliard, not just "gray".

what about the beans?

After the meat is browned, add the onions. The liquid from the onions will help deglaze the pot.

What about them? Add them if you want. I'm not adding them here.

Keep cooking the onions until they turn golden. They're not done yet in this pic.

Once the onions are golden, pour everything else in. I'm using a 50-50 mix of Beer and V8 for the liquid. You could also use beef stock, etc. Just make sure you use something flavorful rather than plain 'ol water.

The dry spices you can see here are smoked paprika on the left and ground cumin on the right.

looks good, lets get it on nigga

you can put them in your own bowl if you want them, ill have a baked potato with it

Simmer simmer simmer. Here we are about 2 hours in.

After about 5 hours. The cubes of steak still hold their shape but are very tender.

Serve it!

looks heavenly. gr8 job m8 I r8 8/8

I really need 5 hours to do it?
Looks fucking awesome anyways but I could have just stopped here Shit looks delicious

Just curious how much did all this cost? The meat in particular.

God I've never wanted to kill someone as badly as I want to kill the person who made this image.

I will hold him down.

well done, that's a solid chili you got there bud!

>lighting a grill just to make a pot of chili

OP, just find brown some fuckin' hamburger in a skillet and follow a random recipe you find online that sounds alright. There is no need to go to any great trouble to make chili.

Why?

>no one is allowed to take steps that I deem unnecessary

shut up, dipshit