What will happen when Nvidia releases Volta?

Tests of the Titan V edition has shown that it is capable of 88mh/s in Ethereum.. that is twice as fast as the current top dog Radeon Vega 64.

Those who remember Nvidias Pascal launch knows that they released the cards suddenly and that the NDA that the sub-contractors had to adhere to was enforced with huge success.. The only somewhat credible rumour was from a forum where some guy had taken a photo of a shroud made for the founders edition nvidia 1080 cards.. nothing else of substance got out.

What will happen this time around if the same happens? The market will surely be flooded with second hand gpus, maybe even the price of crypto will take a hit?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamesn.com/nvidia-q3-graphics-card-release
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

mining has nothing to do with Veeky Forums gtfo pajeet

how many needed to unlock a btc block ?

>Tests of the Titan V edition has shown that it is capable of 88mh/s in Ethereum.. that is twice as fast as the current top dog Radeon Vega 64.

and how much more expensive???
2x?
3x?
do the math yourself nigger

It's already out and cost over $3k just for the card. I don't see many people rushing out to get one and for 3k no thanks.

You do the math yourself, giga-nigga.
Even with twice the cost, it will pay for itself just as quick as the previous gen cards, but make double the profit after that.

no one buys titans for mining theyre like $3k. look for 2 or so months after the "launch" of the 1180 or whatever it will be called before cards actually become available to anyone. don't know why the market would get flooded even with new gpus the old ones will still be profitable just less so like my 970 is today

The non-enthusiast versions will be priced at less than a third of that.

volta consumer gpu wont cost as much as Titan V and probably hash about 75% of it you absolute brainlets

Mining what user? I am trying to do babbys first mining and want to be good

lol sure nvidia buttboi

I'l just wait and see OP
Not selling the old 1070s though, I can imagine 40mh for 700 bucks which is garbage tier. Vegas do 2k sols on cryptonight. Beat that novidea

But if they turn out to be good, I'm dumping all my mining profits on more cards and selling these to gaymer soyboys

Titan V has HBM2 and machine learning cores. That's why it's $3000
The 2080 MSRP will be around $700.

That's literally what I just said.
Vega has HBM2 for 500€ and does the equivalent of 3 1080s on cryptonote

kek

You don't need HBM2 for mining tho and the hashrate is pretty shit compared to Volta.

>half the hashrate for 1/8 of the price and power consumption
>pretty shit
>and this is on ethshit algo which only newfags mine

>half the hashrate for 1/8 of the price and power consumption
Half the hasrate for 140% of the price more like, you stupid brainlet.

I HATE YOU, I WANT MY GAYMES

pcgamesn.com/nvidia-q3-graphics-card-release

Thats not a titan v you turbo brainlet
>he didnt buy at msrp

No one is talking about Titan V, the 2080 MSRP will be $700 and it will actually be sold at MSRP.

Titan V is overpriced because of the Tensor cores, which are useless for mining anyway. 2080 will have a higher hasrate than Titan V.

>imagine being this delusional

What part about GPU architecture don't you understand, brainlet? Titan V isn't a full-sized die, because a part of the die has been replaced by Tensor cores. The full-sized die will be 2080 Ti @ $799 MSRP, which will be released after 2080 with $699 MSRP.

AMD doesn't have the production capacities to saturate the market and keep the prices at MSRP. All they have is Global Foundries, which constantly keeps missing production deadlines.
Nvidia just built new manufacturing plants in China, which will keep the prices at MSRP. Prepare for AMD being absolutely fucked when the Voltas will roll out.

Exact thing novidea shills said about vegas. They then released the most powerful consumer gpu ever made, and it still didn't hit full potential hashwise

>They then released the most powerful consumer gpu ever made
Yes. The one that only exists only in showcases and the one you can't buy anywhere, unless you pay the price of a 1080 SLI setup, AMD sure showed them. Kek.

Well I got mine for 500€, maybe you should have believed le architecture meme before some neckbeard optimezed a miner for cryptonight

I've found Vega 64 and 56 cards for 2-300 bucks less than the 1080 at a local franchise computer shop where I live. I'm very tempted to pick up a 56 for mining I just have to wait for my pay day.