Disappointment: the fruit

disappointment: the fruit

go on, OP

that's not a kiwano melon

There are a few dozen varieties of apples I'd prefer to eat over dragonfruit.

It's really only disappointing because it looks exotic and has a fancy name. If anything, I'd say star fruit is the most disappointing fruit, and I've been eating those since preschool where we had a couple of trees - but if I bought one in a grocery store for a dollar a piece I'd probably be a little pissed.

*meant to say that there's a few dozen varieties of apples that I wouldn't want to eat given the option of having a dragon fruit, but still, I'd concede that it's looks and name don't live up to the admittedly bland taste.

>fucking DRAGON fruit
>looks bad ass
>expensive
>tastes like a flavorless watermelon

>looks like an alien fruit
>bright colors trick you into thinking its some amazing citrus shit
>literally a cucumber, maybe even a bland cuc

We (in it's place of origin) call it pitaya, so we do not get the excitement from the name
>(cactus tunas are better; the consistency of ice-cream, blood red and sweet)

I am going to Mercado Hidalgo here in Tijuana later this day, I may get some exotic fruits and post them later

THIS FUCKING THING
dear god
buying this was the worst mistake i ever made
I tried everything
Juicing it
Making a glaze
Making chutney
Making salsa

its fucking retared. looks like an alien orange. Tastes like a green banana. seeds like a watermelon. A LOT of seeds. I can see why africa fails so hard if this is the shit they grow

>buying meme fruits
Nigger if you ever come across something that isn't apples, bananas, oranges and their cousins, passion fruit, jaboticapa, grapes, acai or pears, you shouldn't buy the shit because it's a meme for niggers.

>rasberries, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, figs, fejoa, apricots, peaches, nectarines, plums, rock melon and pineapple are memes for niggers
>'jaboticapa' isn't a meme for niggers

:'(

I'd say it tastes more like a very bland kiwi.

It's literally Nigger: The Fruit

I was let down by them starfruit

jackfruit best fruit

That's not grapefruit

I'm always dissapointed by store-bought strawberries.

I feel such hope, every time.

Nope, they're still pale and pithy and sour on the inside, or rotten. No middle ground.

>Ja/ck/fruit

>disappointment: the fruit
This x 1000000

one day someone will pay for this ...

I remember when Veeky Forums wasn't infiltrated by wannabe "social media professionals" and actually had some sense of spontaneity and soul.

You bought the wrong one homey

I like them. Very refreshing taste.

Well if you want to taste watermelon, you can go buy a watermelon. Which o hatni' ass'
If it's so expensive, why don't you grow your own?
>My money is on - you just ate it regular. No jelly or liquor? Then you fail.

>Buy a dragonfruit
>Pay good fucking money for it, because I've never heard of it and it looks exotic as fuck
>Little did I know I got conned
>Cut the fucker up
>Decide to take a little bite because 'Woah lads, DRAGONfruit, this shit will probably blow my mind'
>Taste nothing
>Confused as fuck
>take a big bite
>Nothing
>Throw it in the compost bin
>Dismay.tiff

You're a dick for wasting food.
You could have sliced it and used it in a salad or thrown it into a smoothie or something else, its not like it tastes bad

I had no idea how good strawberries actually tasted until I moved to California and stared getting them fresh from the fields.

don't be so hard on yourself

Its for Asian people my friend. Just like the Duran, and all the other 'crazy' fruits you don't like either.

source: being married to an Asian

I feel the same way about blueberries now, since I finally got a blueberry bush and can eat them right off the cane, I can never go back to store bought.

>That guy who uses any thread as an excuse to blog

Seriously.

Why can't people just drunkenly yell at other anons like a normal Veeky Forums poster? (I honestly do agree with you though.)

Durian is a delicious blessing. White people just need for someone to process it into a smoothie first. That way, they skip the step containing questionable smells.

>wasting
>by using a compost bin
Not the sharpest knife in the drawer, are you user?

more like oreo icecream: the fruit

>throwing away prefectly good food to feed worms instead of yourself
Yeh sure thing buddy

I really enjoy both the purple and white versions of that, maybe your palate isn't as refined.

i think all these exotic fruits are bland as fuck 'cause they've been minimally cultivated by humans.

fruit is so tasty today 'cause humans selectively bred them to be tastier and tastier over the centuries.

wild fruit generally sucks.

>fruit is so tasty today
ive it another 5 years and most fruits will be rock solid bright bags of water because that's the variety big industrial company want to put on shelves.Peaches and Apricots are already dead. Apples are close. Most Oranges are neither good looking nor tasting. if you don't live in a rural area where you can grow them yourself or know some farmers you never tasted a delicious fruit.

It's almost like you don't know about farmer's markets or upscale, local grocers that don't sell non-local produce.

>y.y.you just don't know
kek. Enjoy your crunchy peaches, peasant.

Sure, yeah, go ahead and ignore the three farms within 20 miles of me that grow outstanding peach varietals.

Stop buying your fruit at walmart. Spend a little more time and money and you might actually be happy with the results.

>crunchy peaches

Those are the fucking worst.

On the other hand, these bitches look fucking disgusting but taste amazing. It sucks that I can only get them here a few weeks a year and they're expensive as fuck. You can buy them for pennies to the pound in Latin America.

>Buy one on a whim one day because fucking Dragonfruit
>6 euros
>fuck, this better be good
>go home
>split in two
>have a taste
>it's like a shitter kiwi

And that's how I got conned of 6 euros.

My grandma used to have a caqui tree in argentina, they looked so fucking tasty hanging from the branches, shit's bland as fuck and the texture is like sand. She also had these small bright red plumps that had no flavor either. But her mangos... Holy shit they were incredible

Truth: the post

The crunchy flat persimmons are shit, but the big and tall ones are pretty good when fully ripe.

>Make my smoothie bland
>Make my salad more bland
No thanks, besides, it was mainly used for me to grow my own strawberries, so it was hardly as wasted as you think

maybe i've eaten some other breed, but they are sweet and a little weird but good taste. Still, they are edible when they are one step away from becoming spoiled. Like bananas. Otherwise they taste like nothing.

Don't mind me just being the human invention since the wheel. Don't respond if you agree with me

what does that even mean? delete and repost.

this

also this

A lot of it has to do with when they are picked. Those peaches would be a lot better if they were actually able to chill out on the tree, but they wouldn't last nearly as long and would all be bruised. It's a lose/lose deal.

you dumbass, they grow that fruit because you don't want to buy it all, which means they can aford to buy it instead of be better off selling it to your white privilaged ass.

This. I go to Taiwan every once in a while and the red-fleshed dragonfruit there is much better than the white ones. The imported ones I've had in the states just cannot compare since they aren't freshly harvested and are always white-fleshed variety.

I used to agree with you, but after spending some time in Thailand and China, and eating these every day, I have to say they can be truly fantastic, with a sort of kiwi flavour. I guess this is a fruit that doesn't travel well by air freight

Well then dont be bitching about "spending good money" and "being conned" then.

I'm not too into sweet things so dragon fruit is perfect for me

>you dumbass, they grow that fruit because you don't want to buy it all, which means they can aford to buy it instead of be better off selling it to your white privilaged ass.

What sort of unintelligible nigger-babble is this

>tfw grow my own strawbs
>tfw taste heavenly, unlike grocery store shit

Honestly after growing my own fruit I can't fucking eat store-tier shit. It just has a terrible taste

The white ones are super shit. Look for red.

>Oh man, it's protected by a badass set of spikes
>And it looks like a zesty fruit inside
>This'll be great!

It's called having an acquired taste

Best vegetable

While I agree that most of them are bland as shit, if you manage to pick a few good ones then they aren't so bad
That said, I like to chop them up with ice and pour sugar all over, tastes good then
Sauce: Asian

Damn OP, same shit happened here. I bought dragonfruit recently and thought it would have a lot of flavor, turned out to taste like a completely bland/flavorless and mildly sweet kiwi

Not for everyone, but at least you get exactly what the name implies.

Absolutely disgusting, this shit should have been culled from it's first discovery

Durian smells and tastes like what I imagine it would be like to suck on a dead hobo's toes.

>taste
You wanna know how I know you're a middle class whitey who never tasted any tropical fruits beside pineapple and banana?

Nah it's pretty good,sweet and creamy,reminds me a bit of nougat.

Want to know how I can tell you're using the only computer in the village?

Want to know how I know you're still in highschool and make assumptions based only on /int/ and /pol/?

>privilaged

>middle class whitey

wow user that is a really harsh insult, being middle class and white probably really bothers him

this post

you cheeky piece of shit

Literally a glorified kiwi. That's pretty much it.

Lilikoi. Got a vine out back with some on.

I would never pay for it in my life tho.

what is that with the jabong? salt and peppers?

Apart from the texture, these are pretty alright.

Dunno what part of the world you're from. In Latin America it's a Granadia.

>Peaches and Apricots are already dead.

this. grew up in oklahoma near stratford, so had access to amazing fresh peaches. then moved to georgia for work; again awesome fresh peaches. now nowhere near peach country, so only peaches are from grocery store. they're some kind of rock hard white flesh peruvian piece of shit. no peach flavor, hard as fuck, texture all wrong. this is bullshit. we should all have access to awesome locally raised peaches, but no, corporate bullshit finances peru bullshit instead of quality product.

>sweet and creamy,reminds me a bit of nougat.

like a dead hobos toes? especially the nougat part.

>dragon fruit
>Is actually from México

Fucking hipsters calling it a meme name

have you tried pickling it?

Those things smell and taste like literal cum.

Why

Can confirm that red-fleshed is god-tier

dammit

Say, are they related to prickly pears?

Lychee fruit are super disappointing after having various lychee flavored products.

Gg

I'd taste your grandmas mangos.
Anyway, this fruit needs to be soft to be eaten. After buying it you need to put it in the refrigerator. Let it stay there until frozen. Take it out and wait for it to unfreeze, it'll be soft and taste delicious. Just remember me after this.

This isn't really exotic, but I like plantains, not plain but they're really good when cooked like however this is, it was amazing and it's Puerto Rican from what I know

>Just being the human invention since the wheel
>20 or so posts later he still hasn't clarified

What the fuck

those are actually very good when fresh but sadly they don't grow anywhere near my country.

Jokes on you, I have immunity lizard protecting me.