Why aren't you co/ck/s cooking duck breast?

Why aren't you co/ck/s cooking duck breast?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=adPmfLDqlXY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Am I wrong in thinking this is severely undercooked?

Duck needs to be pink but this looks seared for a few moments at best.

You're not wrong

It also looks like it was sliced without resting

It could be smoked and then seared, or perhaps cooked at a very low temp sous-vide

Duck is expensive.

Not that expensive. Duck breast is like $12 a pound and chicken breast is like $9 a pound, both are still way cheaper than say, skirt steak at $22 a pound

i just get the chinese to do it for me

Australian?

If so I know that feel. I get it once in a blue moon.

It's not that cheap in the uk unfortunately.

>Chicken
>$9 per pound

where do you live that's insane

Because I'm smoking ribs.

The US

I mean whole chicken is less (maybe like $5-6/lb) but we're talking about duck breast so I quoted the price for chicken breast

Chicken breast is usually around $7 a pound here in florida $9 just seems high considering that cost almost as much as choice ribeye

Never seen duck breast in any of my local stores though, just whole duck

I don't know how much choice ribeye costs because my store doesn't carry it

Prime is about $26 I guess, if I recall correctly

I usually just get skirt though because it is the best tasting steak

what does it taste like? never ate duck, does it feel somewhat like chicken or what?

$9/lb for chicken breasts is absurd. So is $5-6/lb for a whole chicken. Boneless, skinless breasts around here are normally $3-4/lb and usually $2/lb on sale. I usually only buy split breasts or thighs/legs when they're on sale for $1/lb which is fairly frequently.

Whole chickens are generally around $1-2/lb and I've seen them on sale for as low as 75 cents/lb. When they're that low, I usually buy 2 or 3 and stick them in the freezer.

No raw poultry, thanks.

>i thought cost of living in my city was expensive but chicken breast is only $4-5/lb

Its more like chicken than beef but in the same way pork is more like beef than chicken. It's its own thing

Seattle...

Fucking hipsters.

>75ยข a pound for meat
I don't think it would be a good idea to eat that, user

Nothing wrong with beans and rice you know

Been eating it for years, never been a problem. It's just the sale price for a whole chicken sometimes.

I'm sorry that low sale prices on meat that is cheap to produce in the first place make you uncomfortable.

jesus fuck nigger chicken is like $3 a pound here where the fuck do you live

across between pork and squid

I'm sort of curious about duck, I want to try cooking it at home now... See what it is like

Jesus, chicken breast is $2/lb here. I eat it almost every day because of that.

how do you know I'm not? are you with the government? I swear to god I will track down your family, to torture and murder them in front of your own eyes if you ever spy on me again

DUDE I live in the US and I just paid $15 for a 11 lb bag of chicken breasts.not a typo eleven pounds for fifteen bucks

and that is boneless skinless for $1.39 lb

>Frenchfag now living in California
>Foie gras and duck magret made from a moulard duck almost impossible to find and if I find it it's extremely overpriced

Fucking suffering

Chicken is $1.99/lb for breasts here, cheaper for a whole chicken or if there's any cut on discount.

Hard to get a hold of in Sweden for a reasonable price.

It is similar to both pork and beef. The texture is more like pork, but the flavor more like beef.

KEY WORDS being LIKE.

It's not exactly the same. it's nice. Try it. I'd advice you trying it at Korean BBQ first so you can get some thin slices of just duck to start with. that way you can test the flavor without any specific spice mixtures (like sezcchuan, mandarin etc.)

Serves you right you cheese eating surrender monkey.

ITT: CAFO eating subhumans

The fuck, man.

Here in Texas, breasts are $2 a pound, legs, thighs, and whole chickens are less than $1.

Every time I read shit like this, it helps me understand that shitholes like San Francisco need $15/hour minimum wage, but you just can't bring that to Texas where a nice one-bedroom apartment is less than $600/month.

just go to your local park or lake and snatch one

You can get a peking duck for $15 at Chinese markets

>all dose buzzwords
>all dose hamboigahs
Here's your faggot, (You).

youtube.com/watch?v=adPmfLDqlXY

Because my GF doesn't want to eat duck :( Also it's pretty damn expensive.

the prices are low because you buy the meat is, like you said, cheap.

i can buy chicken breast for 1.99/lb. I don't because it's inhumanely produced garbage and i can afford better

The top looks like a burnt pretzel bun and the meat is RAW. 3/10 try again.

pretty much every reason I could imagine