UK Kitchen Nightmares
>all the episodes are different and nuanced in situation
>licensed music plays in between the scenes
>focuses on the restaurant with few bullshit activities
>changes are often minimal such as a new menu, or a slight renovation
>many of the places stay open
>Ramsay is a rather reasonable person asking more of competent people

US Kitchen Nightmares
>All the episodes are literally shit frozen food and a shit kitchen with forced drama
>forced stinger music and dramatic sound effects to raise attention
>focuses on the crazy personalities of the restaurant owners rather than the restaurant
>Changes are outlandishly large, calling for complete redecoration and new kitchens sponsored by some product trying to sell itself
>A whole entire season of restaurants have closed
>Ramsay looks like a repetitive mad man screaming his head off.

Look at these two clips alone. How can the US even compare?

youtube.com/watch?v=rFe8o6LcVu8
vs
youtube.com/watch?v=YJ8dRorGtTw

>post yfw UKIANS can't handle thhe bantz

Yeah, I agree.

>Look at these too clips alone
>Don't look at any other clips
>Or I'll be discovered as shit poster

Yeah the US stuff is faked. Sorry to break it to you buddy.

>that moment you realize that all the "dramatic" moments in "reality" tv never lead to say a real on camera punch being thrown and somebody getting an actual injury

while you would ordinarily be right, you are wrong.

Op is 100% right about the state of US reality TV, take your provincial nationalistic assotiations and toss them up your asshole because these are two distinct shows that run on two distinct countries and one of them is shit. Just like how Iron chef Japan will always be better than the american version.

It's because the fox version after season 2 had rapidly dropping ratings, but they'd contracted up to season 5 with ramsay and a bunch of equipment manufacturers like culequip.

So the show as forced to go to season 5, and they saw a resurgence in viewers with season 5, which led to 6, and as well know, 6 was a literal death knell until ABC. Which still got ridiculously low ratings, but just got viral after it aired. They hoped to capitalize on a new viewerbase with season 7 and the return to ABC but it never worked. they never peaked over 3m again, ended up under 2m with the finale so it finally got shitcanned.

Basically it was running on fumes from season 2 on. The creation of ABC was the biggest opportunity they had, but it was just too late.

I still like masterchef US though, gordon's a great guy on there. UK kitchen nightmares was boring. It was a mediocre food show and it was just so incredibly void of emotion. F word s1 was way better.

>It was a mediocre food show and it was just so incredibly void of emotion.

>real people in genuine situations, somemof which heartbreaking or frustrating
>void of emotion

Ahh of course, American tv has so mch emotion

>Fuck you
>No, Fuck you Gordon RamsAy
>Get the fuck outta here
>You wanna fight about it

so genuine, so raw x

I never said the US version was good. In fact I said just the opposite, it's 99% staged.
Seems like you're just slurping the cock of a bunch of emotionless zombies who have no passion put into their food, fresh as it may be.

The UK version is full of genuine, real emotions and if you can't detect that you genuinely might be autistic

What are Veeky Forums's thoughts on Hotel Hell?

Better than Kitchen Nightmares but too much of it is about him taking a black light through the rooms to show off semen on the ceiling.

This post nicely summarizes my thoughts on the two series.

American reality TV is so shit. Lowest common denominator, cookie cutter formulaic bullshit.

Some episodes were OK, but once you saw 2-3, you knew the general layout of every show.

The British one is super comfy, Gordon shares intimate secrets of the industry and trains people.

Hahaha you must be so proud that an actual television show is better than a faked one.

>UK's kitchen nightmare is better than US kitchen nightmare so UK is better

>top keks

Why is every episode of Kitchen Nightmares available on multiple unauthorized YouTube channels with hundreds of thousands of views?

Seems really weird.

Jesus Christ. Fucking stop shooting yourself in the dick. It's like watching a lobtomy patient trying to defend subjective points after he misunderstood the post he was replying to.

idiot

I liked that show. I didnt know it was still on

Who the fuck compares the US with the rest of the world? Theyre literally the meme nation, you cant take them seriously

I used to watch the UK version of kitchen nightmares on BBC Amerca and enjoyed it a lot. Costs and regulations of running restaurants in Europe along with a more densely packed population means restaurants will survive even if they are shit in the food serving department, their costs are lower of just opening the doors are lower.

Compare that to the USA, where populations are very spread out, a small town in Britain will have higher population density than any small town in the USA, US health dept rules as well as the availability of bigger buildings and cheap and used restaurant equipment due to many failed restaurants means you can have a very big well supplied kitchen for less money than in the UK (source I dealt with restaurant refrigerator manufacturer at my previous job).

A perfect example of this scenario is when Jamie Oliver goes to Huntington, WV and looks at their kitchen and says they have a better kitchen than many restaurants and yet served such shit premade prepacked food.

You also ignore the general attitude of Americans when it comes to food and work, the shameful state of the food is the fridges he's been to does not strike me at all as being faked, I have been in many kitchens through out the USA because of my last job, and seen some truly horrifying shit.

Mixing chicken meat and sauce in a 55 gallon garbage drum, it was brand new, but still, not foodgrade plastic.

Same restaurant, their kitchen ceilling was barely 6ft, you could feel the humidity in the air and see it on the walls.

Same restaurant, need new exhaust filters? Nah son just wash those old ones in a fucking car wash pressure washer.

Different restaurant, employee peed in the sink, place closed, reopened as something else, exact same kitchen

Different place also, cutting up chicken breasts, had two already cut containers of chicken breasts, sitting on the floor, at room temperature.
I say the USA version of kitchen nightmares, is not as fake as one imagines it.

Everyone treats Americans like arrested development children. They're generally assumed to be poorly educated, aggressive and stupid. This is just par for the course.

>too

What are you talking about? A britistanbulian just initiated the bants

Wow, who implied any of That? PROJECTION

Boiling Point is the best show he ever made

>UK kitchen nightmares
>bores you to sleep within 12 seconds
>the "nightmare" is that the porridge is runny and one of the beer taps is old and doesn't work well
>US kitchen nightmares
>that one guy screams so hard he almost bursts the blood vessels in his eyes
>shitskin chef tries to turn a knife on ramsay
>get to see hilarious dindu culture like the girl who owned a gigantic smoker and would smoke wings and then put them in the fridge and serve them the next day
>masterpiece episodes such as Amy's, a "restaurant" that exists only to launder money for drugs and/or guns

can't complain

they don't even sell dvds or anything do they?