Does Veeky Forums like comida mexicana?

does Veeky Forums like comida mexicana?

Other urls found in this thread:

cheatsheet.com/culture/travelers-beware-10-of-the-most-dangerous-cities-in-the-world.html/?a=viewall
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mexican food is best food, italian is pretty close. Yes I'm a beaner tacos and burritos al pastor from the Tacos Los Carnales truck by the Ross next to 10 freeway off ramp are orgasmic

Californian here. I've worked in some fantastic restaurants in San Francisco and LA and I've never met anyone in those places who could cook like the folks at mom and pop taquerias and food trucks. Good Mexican food is god tier.

These plebeian fucks will never know the extasis of eating suadero tacos outside a metro station at 11pm in the night adter drinking two cases of indio

American-mexican food is nothing compared to real mexican food

tfw britbong and if i want to experience authentic Mexican cuisine i have to make it myself and pay a mark up price for shit like corn tortillas.

I hate how delusional people are in thinking that the millions of kebab shops is adding the countries culinary diversity when pubs and older curry houses are closing all over the place.

That and most brits have no clue about east asian and latin food.

Please post mexican dishes you have eaten for a hungry britbong.

to the country's*

fuck its early.

overrated as fuck
>mfw we taught the fat drunken violent little injuns how to cook

I need blogs/sites with Mexican recipes that do not Americanize the fuck out of them.

Sorry papa, but Mexican food is way more known and loved than Spanish food is

mexkitchen
streetgourmetla
mexconnect

There are probably some authentic Mexican options in London

Yeah, the Spanish were so peaceful

retard

what's kind of funny is that in New York, people often refer to Latinos as "Spanish", so there are Dominican delis/restaurants that advertise themselves as "Spanish food"

new yorkers also say dumb shit like "standing online" and will insist until they're bleu in the face that this is valid english

source: from new york

I'm a New Yorker too, I didn't know "standing online" was a New York thing or that it was particularly wrong, although I never use that expression myself.

The "Spanish" thing really grates my ears though, and even a lot of Latinos in New York call themselves "Spanish" too. Black people and white trash are the worse offenders, though.

*worst offenders

>Black people and white trash are the worse offenders, though.
in my experience it's 2nd and 3rd generation ricans, although dominicans do it too especially when they are trying to seem "classy"

white people are too paranoid about being politically incorrect to say "spanish"

Yeah 2nd and 3rd gen Ricans and Dominicans are pretty bad with that, at least in New York.

And no, I hear plenty of white people say "Spanish", especially if they're lower class.

I also hear a lot of 2nd gen Central Americans say it, and even some 1st gen.

>bleu
>valid English
This post is so American it hurts.
Well done, retard.

I want to eat various mexican stews slow cooked in cazuelas

fuck my life

I don't know what you're problem is, "bleu" is perfectly valid english

as proof here is an image I found in line

hopefully you can travel to NYC one day

>bleu is valid English
It's valid French you fuckwit.

Mexican food is so fucking good but I wish it didn't use so much cilantro, I have the "soap taste" thing

I've some good places in the US that has some very good al pastor/adobada but the majority is mediocre

I fucking love Mexican food, but I live on Long Island and there's hardly any real Mexican food here.

I have to make a trip to Brooklyn or Queens just to get my Mexican fix. I might even do that later.

I've had al pastor from two places in New York, it was really good but I don't have much to compare them too.

am I the only one that only eats european traditional food?
There's just too much to get around to in the world, so limiting your horizon a bit is nice.

Surprisingly one of the best al pastor I've had was in NYC.

Where was it from? And do you live in NYC or were you just there on vacation?

cilantro y cebolla?

Is it just me or does coca cola go really well with Mexican street food?

heres some carnitas I made the other night.

>i'm not even messican

heres the salsas i made.

no gracias. prefiero mis tacos de guisado

Los Tacos in Chelsea Market. I was there for a wedding but I can honestly say its something you can expect to find in Tijuana or Sinaloa. Another good al pastor ive had was in Maxwell street in chicago

They look pretty good.

The owners are from Tijuana I think (very uncommon for NYC Mexican food)

And is adobada the same as al pastor?

Yes. Just a regional name difference. They're also called tacos de trompo as well. Al pastor basically means shepherd style or cooked with a spit.

does an al pastor taco made in Tijuana taste different from one made in Mexico City or Puebla?

I just had a guajolota of i think a tamal with green saice and pork, shit was gut

For all the ameribürgers here, a guajolota is a sandwich like meal with a tamal inside, nothing else, it has to be a french roll instead of regular box bread

Sort of. The adobada/adobada in Baja tends to have more sweet spices and almost all of them have that red hue, while in DF some can have that achiote/citrue/chile paste while others are marinated with oregano cumin and pepper for the adobo

df nigger spotted

That shit is easy as fuck

>grab a clay cazuela or a fucking crockpot
>dice onions and chop some tomatoes and squash
>get some chipotle chilies and epasote, i dont know how its called in english
>broil some pork ribs
>pour all the pork stock in the cazuela and season it
>add the veggies, the chipotle and the epasote
>add the meat
>???
>profit
My grandma used to do this when she didnt wanted to cook

So it comes down to what spices they use?

The one I had was definitely sweet, and red IIRC, and the owners were from Mexico City.

This is why food in the US is beyond fucked

Do they cook the meat with the pineapple on top?

How are cecina tacos?

You jelly, provinciano piece of shit?

Central mexico food is superior to northern texmex shit

Is Puebla considered Southern Mexico or Central Mexico?

Delicious if properly made, if the cecina is too dry and salty theyre like sucking on satan balls

>quesadilla without cheese

you can't make this shit up

is it like beef jerky?

Central, its good only in terms of food, mole poblano is one of the best mexican dishes out there

>this chero

I've been meaning to try Mole Poblano

And if Puebla and Mexico City are Central Mexico, what is Southern Mexico? Quintana Roo and Campeche?

Ive never had beef jerky but cecina isnt that dry, its just horse meat curated in salt, not pickled or just seasoned, it has just enough salt to preserve it without drying it

I thought Cecina was beef

but you should try beef jerky one day if they sell it in Mexico, it's a nice snack

I made (sorta) tostadas last night. I'm trying to eat healthy, so they aren't very authentic.

Also, as you'll see while I post these images, I have basically no idea how to cook.

First just heated the beans. Not really cooking there.

I did black beans instead of refried for health reasons, and I like the taste of them.

>implying that authentic =/= healthy

are you gonna wash it down with a wheatgrass shake?

Yeah, badically theres these three cultural and economic regions in mexico

>north
Its the only mexico trump and rednecks know, its also where texmex food was born and all the cartel violence is

>center
Literally the best of the best, the best cousine, the best culture, best economy, its only mexico city, mexico state, puebla and i think pachuca, theres a shitload of dishes to try here, since fried grasshopper or chapulines to mole poblano and a huge variety of tacos and stews

>coasts
Its just veracruz, guerrero and i think michoacan, exquisite seafood like vuelve a la vida, agua chile and more stews i cant remember

>south
Literally all the jungle area like yucatan and campeche, people say their food is superb but i never had any, yucatan is where cochinita pibil is from

Seriously, if you only think mexico is just a desert with burritos and tacos then you need to get out of your mums basement

Wanted to put avocado on it. I wasn't really sure how to do that correctly. Do you avoid the greener stuff at the edge of the inside? And just put the light green portions in?

Ah, well, I guess I don't really know what authentic would be anyways.

Nah, had a beer. What kind of beer goes best with a tostada like this? Pils?

Well it depends where you buy it, but for a fact i know traditionally its horse meat, when i was a kid it blew my mind until i realized that many cultures eat more than regular farm animals, the french eat horse too

Anyways I just scooped some out into a small bowl.

Then I debated putting the tortillas in the oven versus in a pan. Went for the pan. I didn't put anything in with it, just warmed them up to get em a bit crispier. Texture came out good. I didn't want it to be hard.

>cartel violence

cheatsheet.com/culture/travelers-beware-10-of-the-most-dangerous-cities-in-the-world.html/?a=viewall

Daily reminder that Southern Mexico (all that isn't north) has the most rising crime rate in of Mexico

Added some black beans and cheese. Was a little light on the black beans I think, didn't have enough.

>I didn't want it to be hard
Then theyre not tostadas, you imbecile

Thats because of the syndicate teachers and the fact that theyre poor as fuck, this is Veeky Forums not /pol/

Tossed the plates in the oven at 200 to melt the cheese while grilling some chicken.

Said in my first post I have no idea what I'm doing.

Thanks for summing that up. Isn't Baja kind of like it's own thing too?

And why is Campeche considered Southern Mexico but not Oaxaca?

>since fried grasshopper

That was adorable, lol

Aren't the safest states in Southern Mexico, though?

Bro, that shit looks like dog comit on a tortilla, you couldve just added lettuce

Seared the chicken with the lid open and then closed it with less heat. Cooked it for about 13 minutes.

I'm still truckin'

Chicken finished. Came out pretty good. I think it could have used a minute less time.

Any tricks for moisture chicken?

Oven worked good for getting the cheese to melt over.

Next building these things up.

Also the GDP is overall better in the north, but to stay on topic, the next best food trend coming from Mexico will be mariscos, mainly northern style seafood, so Northern Mexico will be the next food capital in Mexico

Well, each region has its own subregion, as in central mexico, the tacos arent the same in mexico city as in mexico state, there are some spice and procedure differences

Oaxaca is the limbo between the center and the south, thats whyy its poor as fuck, their food is as ethnic as it can gets tho

Compared to Syria in mexico they are

Building it up.

I think it maybe needed some sauce, but, was trying to keep it a bit leaner. Would lime juice or something spread over it work?

Yucatan? yes. But there is also Michoacan Guerrero, Chiapas and soon Oaxaca (rip)

This bullshit, except for the mariscos, that trend is spreading like a wildfire and for good reasons

Arent you a jelly provinciano? Mexico city has the highest GDP in the whole nation, not even monterrey gets that high

Chopped the chicken and put it on top with the avocado.

Finished.

Didn't taste too bad. Needed a bit more flavor though, going to look into my options next time.

I would love to try tacos from every region of Mexico and spot the differences.

Does the violence in Oaxaca stem mainly from political instability?

Anyway though, I hope Mexico can collectively get its shit together, I read that people still get lynched in parts of Mexico.

Oaxacan food looks amazing, I can't wait to try out the Oaxacan restaurant near me

Meat first, veggies later, ditch the tomatos and the cheese and next time fry the tortillas so you get actual tostadas, for texmex its ok i guess. As for the sauces you can make pico de gallo or add lemon juico or just sour cream

Should have stewed the chicken and chopped the tomatos.

I really need a Mexican gf to cook me all that good Mexican stuff

I'll do that next time. So it goes beans, cheese, meat, veggies? Or meat, beans, cheese, veggies?

>Should have stewed the chicken and chopped the tomatos.
stewed? I was considering steaming the chicken to see if it came out moisture. Only problem with steaming is that it comes out white which doesn't look good, so maybe would then throw it in a pan for a few minutes.

Here is what it looks like after in the steamer when I throw it in a pan (was testing this the other day - pic related). Just doesn't look too hot, but after being in the pan for a bit it looks and tastes grilled so might as well just use the grill I figured. In the pan just added some olive oil and season salt.

Oh nevermind, I misread. I see you recommended no cheese.

Really? Thought the mild cheddar worked pretty well.

catch her before she turns 24 and turns into a hamplanet

That's such a meme, I see hot Latinas in their 30s and 40s all the time

Ahh, mole rojo, mole moreno, and mole verde.

I love ceviche

Menudo's not bad either

Ceviche made with roe's fine.

I didn't know gyros were from mexico.

Ahh, authentic brown rice and frijoles refritos.

What? Put that green and white stuff on my tacos please. I hate the soapy taste but it's so foreign!

Looks legit, good job user.

They look a little too spicy, user. The sauce they serve at my local authentic place doesn't have as many seeds inside.

This looks like puke and the restaurant doesn't even have adobe decor. Would not eat at.

Looks like taco night at my house! Just missing the old el paso seasoning.

Good job getting all of the avocado out of the skin.

Where's the white and green stuff? Not the lettuce.

trying too hard/10

I'm not very good at it, no.

>Where's the white and green stuff? Not the lettuce.
Avocado. Just looks funky from my camera phone probably misjudging the white balance.

Do you guys like Salvadoran food?