Hey guys, I went to Aldi to get some burger stuff and I ended up with way too much ground beef left over...

Hey guys, I went to Aldi to get some burger stuff and I ended up with way too much ground beef left over. I was thinking about experimenting with steak tartare. Does anyone have any good methods that aren't the usual Tabasco, egg, capers, etc?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jquWO-0VkII
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>steak tartar with ground beef from Aldi

if your ground beef is oxidated at all (turning brown or dull in color from sitting in your fridge) don't do this. Eating ground beef can be a great experiance raw but you don't want to wait. you want the meat to be bright red, fresh, and not sitting in your fridge for three days

Don't. Steak tartare is the opposite of culture. Humans discovered fire so we wouldn't have to eat that dog shit any longer. Make a burger with an egg on it and I guarantee it will be better. Eating raw meat is both disgusting and pure pretention.

>buying meat from Aldi

Just throw it all away. Seriously.

It's pretty good, like .89/pound. Tastes fine in hamburgers.

You just need to have good steak tartare. I had some really amazing steak tartare at Morton's in Chicago.

>getting steak tartare at a chain restaurant
user...

What? Just because it's a chain it can't be good?

But why?

>aldi beef

Maybe it is regional differences in meat availability but I find the beef at aldi's to be surprisingly decent. Massively cheaper and as good or better than any other chain grocer in our area. I typically use a butcher's shop for my meats but if that isn't an option then I get aldi's.

it's only 89 cents per pound?

i love the .99/lb turkey burger. you know how it's made? they take the beef fat trimmings and grind them up with frozen turkey gizzards, which gives it a really nice deep red color.

Steak tartare has to be made from specially prepared mince. You're a retard if you do this and you'll get infected by parasites if you're lucky, and salmonella if you're not.

>fucking nobody has ideas

When I eat raw beef, I dress it with garlic, onion, lime juice, cilantro and jalapeno. And salt and pepper.

can't do that in america.

You can do it the way my parents do it
google "kilawin"

calamansi juice, chili pepper, vinegar, ginger

Steak tartare needs to be prepared from the highest quality whole meat you can get your hands on. I.e. not Aldi.

Ground meat for steak tatare must be from freshly killed animals. Any other alternative is too dangerous as the meat would be too poor quality.

Don't do it user.

youtube.com/watch?v=jquWO-0VkII

Don't do this. You need to grind the steak yourself at home. You never eat prepackaged ground beef raw because you can't be sure of the cleanliness of the equipment. Unlike a whole cut of beef, just the smallest amount of bacteria can get mixed into a batch of ground beef and contaminate all of it. Not worth it.