I have $150 for food for the next month. How do I not die

I have $150 for food for the next month. How do I not die

Other urls found in this thread:

food.com/recipe/guiso-304479
aa.org/pages/en_US/find-local-aa
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no why

american why

I used to live off less than $100 per month. Buy chicken, rice, salsa, eggs, bread, peanut butter, ramen and whatever else you can afford.

It's pretty easy.

Bone head.

Go cold turkey and spend your food budget solely on food.

Heck, if you have any friends they would probably get you drunk if you cook for them, which you could easily do with that big of a budget.

Ben probably doesn't live there anymore

im not an alcoholic though wtf

Then cut back on whatever other drug you're spending your food money on. Or are you trying to feed an entire family on that amount of money?

If you need alcohol really bad, you could try hanging out with other alcoholics.

Hey op if you're craving whiskey or beer just invite me over, I'll bring all you need if you cook me a decent meal

why does everyone in this thread think i'm a drug addict or an alcoholic? I'm moving and won't start my job until September so I have 150 for food. that's all

spend it all on weed instead

$40/week isn't too sacrificial
Just plan on fried egg sandwiches, grilled cheese, tuna fish salad or PBJ sandwiches. Oatmeal and milk. Cheapest fruit you can buy by the bag, apples or tangerines or bananas. Buy one get one cheap sandwich bread, freeze second loaf and do toast with it. Hispanic food you make from scratch, onions, peppers, rice, dry beans you soaked, minimal amount of smoked meat, from package of andouille smoked kielbasa type bargains, cheap ham hock or ham steak, pork steaks. Cheap tortillas in a stack, simmered meat cooked with onions, latin seasoning. That kind of thing can keep you going for a while in variety and price if you buy fatty dark meats.
Only spend half of your budget and keep the rest for handling cravings that happen from your deprivation diet, to supplement your dinner by a couple more ingredients that occur to you to buy later, such as a $5 pizza sale.

Stop stopping off on your drive home for a daily double extra baconator value meal as a snack and you'll save enough money to eat like a king.

Its not that hard.
I would probably try first doing lots of freezer-friendly foods like stew/guiso/tarts/

food.com/recipe/guiso-304479
Sorry I' dont have time to write a guiso receipe but this one is ok.

wait is everyone seriously saying 35 dollars a week is easy?

If you need alcohol that badly you can make your own from sugar and yeast

$25 per week is easy if you're not a complete retard.

With that amount of money he could buy an entire basic top of the line home brewing setup and the ingredients to brew a solid 5 gallons, and still be able to afford liverwurst on rye every third day of the week.

wrong.. $50 a week is easy.

$25 a week is barely scraping by, eating eggs/milk/rice/beans/bananas/broccoli. i think you could hit ~1500 calories a day and not die of malnutrition or get fat.

>5 gallons of beer for a month
>alcoholism
lol

yeah by my math that's barely 50 beers for an entire month.. i'm drinking a minimum of 10 beers on at least two days out of each week.

Nobody was talking about alcoholism, despite OP's obvious addiction. I was just saying that with the amount of money he has he could start doing quality homebrewing and not having to fuck around with your sugar and yeast jenkum prison wine slosh.

Just wait till the end of the day and get 3mcdoubled. Even maybe a drink each day.

flour
water
yeast
chicken
mayo
spend rest on veggies and fruits
no knead your way to victory

The whole point of the thread is that op somehow can't make it a month on $150, indicating a crippling dependency on alcohol

5 gallons isn't going to cut it. Even for a week is questionable

Prison wine is the only option

>spend your money on water

You might as well just tell him to buy bottom shelf vodka if you're going to give such poor liquor making advice for someone on a budget.

kek at everyone saying op is an alcohol

I was the one to first point out OP's obvious alcohol problem, and the home brewing thing was a joke (it takes at minimum a month to brew a batch of beer).

People always argue that cheep wine is the best way to spend your money, but I can attest that bottom shelf handles of vodka are more cost effective, and more importantly, more efficient.

You could always buy a baggie of H and a ticket to the planetarium and do a Sarah Lynn, OP.

I find that the easiest way to get drunk without money is to go to your local gay bar, go into the women's restroom...the gays usually put excess liquor/cases of beer in the women's restroom because women aren't allowed in homosexual bars so they use the women's bathroom as storage.

>mayo
>not just buying eggs and olive oil

dude..

He can't even fuel his alcoholism while also eating enough on $150 to get through a single month, and you actually think he can do something as simple as make homemade mayo?

i'm not an alcoholic please stop this smear campaign

Meth, opioids, coke... whatever. It's an anonymous image board and nobody cares. The important thing is to actually feed yourself real food.

Wow, I can't even believe this thread. Where I live its essentially impossible to eat for less than 20$ a day. I mean sure, you could pick a stale bagel out of a garbage can for free and eat nothing else...But making even 1-2 actual meals that have vegetables, meat is minimum of 20 bucks.

You can't buy rice and beans where you live?

Where I live a single chicken costs $20 but I could still make $150 feed me for a month, no problems, if I had to

You're so full of shit, your eyes are brown. No where on the planet save for Venezuela does it cost anywhere near $20 a day to feed yourself. What are you, 800 lbs?

OP, Mad Dog 20/20 is pretty inexpensive.

>$5 per day somehow not enough to avoid starvation
dude, are you serious

This is fucking bollocks. Where do you live?

[Spoiler] she mentioned being an architect at least three different times, in all seasons [/spoiler]

>I either live in Manhattan or Dubai, or on the fucking Moon

a bottle of everclear will keep you drunk for most of that month and you should have enough left over for bread and tinned fish. try and get vegetables once in a while and always remember there are people out there who can give you support aa.org/pages/en_US/find-local-aa

good luck friendo

I live in Manhattan and I've worked in Dubai, and that guy is just retarded and has no life skills

try buying food that doesn't have the words "organic" or "gluten-free" plastered all over it, noob

wrong.. bacardi 151 or everclear is easily the best bang for your buck. you can get blackout drunk off of a few shots of either one in rapid succession and they're both like $15 a bottle in the states.

valid point, but still: you can make A LOT of mayo with 12 egg yolks and a couple quarts of cheap salad oil plus a couple tablespoons of red wine vinegar and salt/pepper to taste.

if my alcohol budget started cutting into my food budget, that'd be a sign for me to quit drinking desu.

im not an alcoholic idk why everyone thinks i am

>worked in Dubai
How did you escape? I thought they took your passport when they duped you into working for them

That sounds scary. What is up with that?

>blackout drunk off of a few shots
Brother, I wish that was true. I really do.

sure man, i told myself the same thing for 10 years. it took a divorce, an arrest and near bankruptcy for me to snap out of it.

come on dude you owe it to yourself to be honest. you have people here advising you to drink everclear for fucks sake. you have a problem. one of these days you will need to wake up and smell the turkey.

That's extremely illegal despite what people think

Passport retention is only seen in the sketchiest lower rungs of migrant labor, mostly unskilled construction work and domestic servants

Contrary to popular belief there are huge numbers of normal middle class people living in the UAE. Even people from countries like India, Pakistan, and the Philippines are, by and large, employed legitimately by law abiding companies

People only hear about the slave abuse rape cases where the passport was confiscated because the boring day to day stuff doesn't make good headlines

I'm not saying it's not a bizarre dystopia and I certainly would not recommend you go there and have public exhibitionist gay sex in a shopping mall, just that sensational headlines are not going to give you an accurate picture of the world

let's do the math..

everclear is 190 proof, meaning it's 95% pure alcohol.

regular booze is 80 proof, which is 40% alcohol.

a shot of everclear is ~2.25 times as potent as a shot of regular alcohol. if you slam two doubles of everclear (four shots), that's the same as nine shots of regular liquor.

maybe you're quite far along in your alcoholism, but that would black me out at this point in time for sure. we used to drink a lot of 151/everclear in highschool because of how cost efficient it was.

>maybe you're quite far along in your alcoholism
Perhaps I am but really, 4 shots of Everclear wouldn't put me on my ass. I'd still remain well functional. Maybe I should be disappointed and ashamed of myself if you are correct.

the four shots of everclear is a little more than the equivalent of 1/3 of a 5th of standard liquor.. except you can down it in two doubles back to back before you even feel the first one.

have you ever drank everclear before? it's a whole different animal.

>February
>supposed to drink with a friend and talk about various stuff
>his fucking idea, because I don't really like to drink
>last moment he bails on me, because he's "tired"
>I get mad, and drink an entire fifth of bourbon by myself in about a half-hour
>rapidly get shitfaced
>stand up, somehow dash to bathroom without falling on my face, unload three huge vomit heaves into the toilet
>sit down on toilet, vomit at least twice more into the bathtub immediately to my right
>place my head on the sink counter to my left, close my eyes
>suddenly, it is several hours later
>do a half-assed job of cleaning up, wander off to bed
>amazing headache for most of the next day

Basically ruined booze for me forever, I have these terrible flashbacks even just by the smell of rubbing alcohol

liar, there's no way somebody who doesn't drink managed to get down a fifth of anything in a half hour.

to make it believable, you should have said you slammed it in 5-10 minutes. you would have been retching by the halfway mark if it had taken you a half hour.

I apparently have quite the tolerance: all my friends who do drink say it's "wasted" on me since I mostly don't

anyhow, I was mixing that bourbon rather liberally with soda towards the end of the bottle, shit was nasty

Come to my house and enjoy an intravenous shot of heroin and soju. We can call each other liars for the rest of the day.

that sounds rad, but i wouldn't bang any 'ron..

i'd drink soju with you, though, user.

You can buy around 115 McChickens with that type of dough.

Even if you stuff your fat face with three squares a day, that's only 90 McChickens.

You got this.

>mfw you live in shitty Florida and the good EverClear isn't sold here.

We only have the 150 proof here.

Yeah a single chicken is between 10$ and 25$ here. I guess I just like actual meals that include rice, meat, and vegetables, or something like that.

i weigh about 175, you guys are just lucky to live where things are affordable maybe. or you don't mind eating ramen for every meal (i can't really handle that anymore)
I agree its bs. I live in eastern canada. to top it off there is a whopping 15% tax on everything, and if it comes in a container there is a 10 cent deposit (which you don't get back when you recycle).
As stated, i could eat plain, very shitty quality rice only every day. or ramen or something, but i'm talking about having 1-2 actual meals that include protein and vegetables per day. you don't even want to know what it would cost to eat out here lol

i know that feel.. i grew up in ohio and the homie was in the air national guard and had to go down to kentucky once a month so he would stock up for us.

i think it was like $10 a bottle in KY.. one time these broads we were hanging out with were acting hard like they could keep up with us so we gave the one a double shot who then proceeded to projectile vomit all over the basement as soon as she got the liquor down.

ended up in multiple fights, ended up in jail one time in downtown cleveland at the cuyahoga county jail after getting blackout wasted on everclear for st paddys day and getting in a fight, did all kinds of stupid shit that made me look like a retard on the stuff.

if you're tryna get really shitty, it's definitely the ticket.

eat a little caesars pizza every day.

its the police mam your son has been killed by a hit and run driver, the driver was an alcohol

BUT THEN WHO WAS PHONE

>ended up in multiple fights, ended up in jail one time in downtown cleveland at the cuyahoga county jail after getting blackout wasted on everclear for st paddys day and getting in a fight, did all kinds of stupid shit that made me look like a retard on the stuff.

Nice testimonial for why it should be illegal, lel.

that was basically my point..

it's a whole nother animal than regular liquor. i'd say that everclear is one of the strongest drugs you can get (including illegal ones).

Go to the atm you lazy cocksucker

do they not have credit cards in Canada

Huh?

I was thinking this same thing about 30 minutes ago but I was too lazy to post it but now I'm not lazy and actually feel pretty good. My back is a lot better.

If I bought something on my credit card today, I could pay it as late as September 12th without incurring any interest or late charges

h-how do you know i'm in Canada?

Tuna, beans, eggs, rice, pasta and even chicken is affordable. For one person, 150 a month is almost the normal budget. My gf and I spend around 350-400 a month for 2 and we buy whatever the fuck we want.

I'm a goddamn wizard

On average I spend $80 per paycheck on groceries. I live just fine going out once or twice a week as well.

Just plan out your meals and get ingredients based on that. If you're really concerned, make big pots of soup or pasta that will last you a few days.

yeah get a credit card or a loan

This.

I'm from the UK and I spend £40 a month on groceries and I eat well. When I was a student I spent around £25 a month.

The trick is you buy things like rice, beans, pasta and spices in bulk. I got a huge box of 48 packets of 500g pasta for around £20 on amazon.

Once you have the bulk dry food above you pad out with fresh goods each month with the help of coupons and discounts.

In the UK there is a fantastic website called mysupermarket which lists all prices of all products including discounts and compares how much you'd spend for UK groceries.

Simply use that and look for savvy buys on both meat and veg on the website and pick and choose along with the usual basic addon of eggs and bread.

Most supermarkets in the UK do delivery and they offer vouchers if you order delivery.

A typical order for me is around £80 worth of stuff plus mass discounts plus usually a £10-£20 off coupon bringing it down to about £40 a month and I live very well.

Extra tip is to buy bigger amounts of foods (like larger tubs of chicken) as it works out cheaper by the kilo and then you simply make dishes on mass and freeze.

>credit card "loan" to cover groceries that you couldn't already afford
Please. The only way this is remotely justifiable is if you have a steady income already and you're using the credit card to buy some cheap pressure cooker or stock pot because you didn't even have the means to cook beans

In such a case you should be spending like $20 to $40 not $150

And even still it's pretty iffy, I make around $100k a year and have plenty of liquid cash, but still I keep a limited amount in checking and I'm careful never to exceed $1500 or so on my cc balance unless I'm making a big purchase. Just a holdover habit from when I was making less

Credit cards are a quick trip to big interest charges and late fees which translates to an instant, decade long debt spiral if you're paycheck to paycheck. Anyone who is just scraping by should be EXTREMELY paranoid about using them for anything other than physical security of liquid assets

sorry to hear about the addiction OP but that could easily buy you 7 handles

>conservatives.

yeah i was assuming OP is between jobs or something and is going to be making more cash soon

your best chance at survival is to get off food stamps and find a job

i have a budget of 40 bucks a month for food. its easy.

This... My tolerance has always been high AMD its super high Lately. Been drinking too much lately. A handle gets me drunk like 2-3 times depending on how much I've eaten that day.

>comparing month budgets
>probably totally different countries
smart

5 dollars a day?
Egg sandwich for breakfast (2 eggs, sliced cheese on toast w/butter + coffee 1$.
Beans and rice for lunch,

I live in Quebec and eat pretty well on 30$/week.

You might be retarded

Buy several loaves of ww bread and jars of peanut butter. Should be less than $50 for the month.

Don't be fucking retarded. No eating out, no fast food. Buy large quantities of your meat and rice for carbs. Cook everything at home, it's cheaper than even fast food. Not prepackaged frozen dinner shit. Actual food.

>eating ramen for every meal
>$20 a day
>ramen costs $6 a pack

hope you enjoy frozen chicken, peanut butter sandwiches, eggs and omelets, and lots of ramen, cuz that's all you're gonna be able to eat if you want that to last the whole month.

t. A NEET who has been living off of $194 in food for the last few years.

You can be as strong as a horse or fat as fuck for less than half that you jackass

Is your rent paid for? If so, spend it all on booze and get food from food bank.

????????????
I get a pack of 6 packages of ramen for 1 dollar. One package per meal, buy minute rice for everything else. Obviously not luxury but if you NEED to live...

Also food bank

you can come over to my house and my mom will cook me pizza rolls and i will let you have some but only if you play mario party 2 with me

Jesus christ, 25$ a week I could buy frozen microwave shit and survive and have left overs. There's literally 1k cal burritos that cost 1-2$. You could even make giant burritos for less.

50$ a week I could order out every fucking day

Now that I think about it, I spend about $20 a day for 3 meals, plus $15 on booze a day. Even if I cut out the booze, I would have to buy only vegetables and rice or pasta, very little meat, nothing processed, including bread, cereal, fast food. Just make stews.