Be me

>be me
>18
>apply for jobs that indeed and snagajob send you literally every single day for 2 months
>get 2 fucking interviews and nobody will hire me

what the fuck am I doing wrong? Is it this fucking hard to get a minimum wage job jesus fuck

Work for yourself. Never let another man take your hard earned money.

I have 0 money to go to some trade school and start my own business or something. fucking hell i got like 3 more months before i run out of phone bill money and then im REALLY fucked

In this job market? Yes.

I know an accountant that works at a grocery store as a frontend clerk bc the market is so bad.

>indeed and snagajob
Fuck’s sake user....
Get off your fucking ass, put on a suit, and walk into these places inquiring about employment. No one could give a shit about your email resume because Chad just walked in and handed them a physical copy.
Show up to the actual place of employment. Get a phone number. Call them in a week if they don’t call you, and if they ignore, walk into the business and find someone willing to explain where you stand with the company.
This online application shit is a waste of time. You are fucking nothing to a company when you do that. You’re some piece of text on a computer somewhere. Start being a human being right before their eyes.

You're still young, dedicate ever waking moment working towards a skill that is actually valuable (ie programming). Don't waste your time with these low paying jobs.

Boomer get out.

Fun, ain't it? Getting a STEM degree and experience still doesn't get you out of this shit, either. I'm going through the same thing.

Since you're young try going to a trade school. 2 of my friends are linemen and make bank. One makes over $100 fucking grand a year working for PG&E. I make the least amount out of all of my friends and I have a fucking engineering degree.

one of my interviews was at macy's at they said they would give me the job then never called me again. i called 4 different times and the person picking up just got more pissed off at me and then I went in twice only for them to blow me off. am i retarded or something? this shit sucks

>physically going into work places and giving them a resume

This isn't 1965 anymore you fucking faggot boomer. Go back to the golf course and raping people with your 5 rental homes.

>thats what worked for me in 1986

I’m a millennial.
Honestly user, online applications are just lazy and clearly ineffective. Just think about this shit for a moment before plugging your ears and screaming boomer. How easy is it for you to forget some schmuck’s email? Very easy right? It’s twice as hard to forget someone you had an actual face-to-face conversation with.
In a competitive job market you want to be the memorable one. The one who shows extra effort beyond click click hire me.
Do it again and again and again.
You wonder why you’re unemployed

No wonder you’re all so useless on this board, baka. You’re barely trying

Just walk up to the boss, look him dead in the eye and give him a nice firm handshake and the job is yours.

Its not the 50s, these jobs go to illegals and dullards who these companies can abuse.

Yes it is this hard. Wear a red tie next time.

>This online application shit is a waste of time.
This to a degree. If it's not the seasonal hiring period for the company you might just be out of luck. The company I work for basically only hires friends of managers outside of the seasonal period.

Any jobs that are good for comfy over-night shifts?
The only places locally (which mind you are taxing min-wage) that support overnight are 7-Eleven and Walshart.
I've applied to a bunch of hotels as audit/front desk as they pay a little better and I wouldn't have to deal with people as much but alas no response.

the interview was over a month ago. fuck man I really fucked that up

>Apply to 50+ companies online in the time it takes to walk into 3
>Five of the companies are desperate enough to hire someone within the week
>meanwhile the places you walked in on said you have to apply online and look at you like you killed someone

And wear the brigsby bear
For what it's worth I was a night auditor before and it was not at all comfy.

lets do a job interview right now lad
Why do you want to work for us at X corporation?

To clarify I mean to apply elsewhere. If they’ve made it obvious they’re not interested don’t bother them, but at least ask for something definitive.
Do both then. But from what I see anons aren’t having success with them. For example this thread wouldn’t exist if what you say applied to OP.

b-because I'm a young go-getter who would like some money to help pay for school *nervously smiles*

and then they never call me again

welcome to the world of nepotism user
qualified candidates get overlooked for the biggest ass kissers

I'm unemployed because faggot boomers like you are still sucking cooperate dick and running businesses just like it's 1950. That is why America is going backwards industrially. Hopefully you all die off before we get eaten up by the rest of the world.

>just pull yourself up by those bootstraps son!

This. I've applied for tons of jobs that clearly state that they do not want you to call them or show up at the establishment asking for an interview. They don't want to deal with a bunch of desperate autists who got advice from daddy to go beg them for a job.

Are you brown or a woman?

>For what it's worth I was a night auditor before and it was not at all comfy.
what did you have to do?
manage count for money/ maybe clean a bit?
its not like I have many options for overnight

OK, great. We don't need to go any further. I exactly why your not getting hired.

would you care to know?

Don't talk about money until the offer you a position, then you can negotiate your wage.

Jesus, you're a fucking idiot aren't you?

Also this. The longer you're in the office the more angry you get at the complete shit show that is most companies. Then you start to wonder how 99% of companies are even alive with such retards at the helm.

>negotiating wage for a minimum wage job

Read my post asshole, I’m not a boomer. Just one big excuse constantly repeated to explain your personal failures.
Yeah pull yourself up you lazy twat. I don’t understand these people who think a job will fall from the sky into their lap. You DO need to expend some energy, woe is you.
And might I remind you boomers are the ones hiring you mongs? Appeal to their sensibilities.
Time to plug your ears again

This 100% maybe you dont need a suit but do dress nice

sure.
my other go to response is "because i'm a friendly person who would work really well in this kind of environment" when its fucking burger king or some shit

This and the hardest workers get used and stepped on. If you make yourself indispensable then your boss thinks he would have difficulty finding someone to replace you at your current position.

> im a millennial
So you've never had a job before?

>80 rooms full of people
>1 employee, it's me
>Only trained to open the night audit program and push "run"
>Get yelled at by customers for things like the AC being too loud, or the tv not working
>one customer actually said "Only the sound works on the tv, and I like to fall asleep with the tv on"
>Customers are literally nitpicking every thing they can think of to get 10% off or a room upgrade
>Mexicans checking in with one person and then bringing in a family of 10 through the side door
desu it might have seemed a lot worse because I was tired as shit and working every day of the week with another fulltime job, but it really just felt degrading taking all kinds of abuse and having to apologize for things that weren't my fault. Maybe I don't have the right kind of personality for that job.

I sent out 3 resumes last time I was job hunting.

I had an interview within 24 hours, and 3 offers within 4 business days. I don't know wht to tell you OP. Get into an occupation with high demand?

Stop wasting time on those sites, they're a scam.

Call every employment agency in your area, and apply. Yes, temp agencies. EVERYONE uses them now, to pre-screen applicants. Even Google uses them for entry level shit. The more office skills you have, the better - Office, email, etc. A basic degree is good. Take anything they offer you. They'll throw shit jobs at you, to see what you're all about - they have enough flakes coming through who get sent out on jobs and disapear at lunch. Prove you can show up on time, and get work done. Do this for a while, they'll start sending you out on the temp-perm gigs, the better ones. If a good one offers you a job, take it.
Everyone I know who didn't get recruited from college went this route did well for themselves. You have to eat a little shit occasionally, but you'll do that anyway.

Also, there are agencies for non-office work, too.

Let someone else do the applying for you. Hell, some of the agencies even offer 401ks and health insurance.

nah, its your mindset
why would a company want someone who is just interested in themselves?
theyre looking for someone who can help them do xyz
think about what you can actually do ( work hard, friend with customers etc ) and sell them on how they will benefit from having you around
thats it
because they want to benefit from having you around
even if its to mop floors
they still want someone who wants to mop their floor
they will happily pay someone for work
companies are starving for competence

also if you read Dale carnegie's How To Win Friends and Influence People, I swear to jesus you will get way more than just a job

I got it by making connections on a magical site called linkedin and forging a relationship with people who worked where I wanted to work. When hiring comes up I’m high on the list of prospects. They knew me before I even finished school.
>bbbbbbut muh nepotism
Total strangers to me before this.

what kind of shit tier company hires someone they met on the internet

ok, but do you think people who hire staff are stupid?
where did you work well in this kind of environment before is the first thought i would have after that
and its none so i would know your just saying things i want to here. NEXT :)

i get what you're saying but i still don't know what im supposed to say when they ask these vague questions about why I want to work when I clearly will say whatever the fuck they want me to just to get hired. should i tell a joke?

>accepting slavewages
Fucking cuck faggot

This. Go to a temp agency and you can get a job in a day. Just have clean urine.

Ayco

i have been asked that exact question and I said "Oh, i'm just used to talking to a lot of people and I think i would do well in this kind of environment"
and then they do that funny thing where they don't call again

maybe i am fucking retarded

Exactly. Most companies post job openings because they have to - but will only hire from within, from recruiters/referrals, and from agencies, for anything below management. HR is much too busy attending sexual harrassment training sessions to hire low level plebs.

yeah I see what you mean, but I've worked in sales (AutoZone) before and opened myself to similar shenanigans both customer and management side so I'd see it as a major upgrade for both my wage and sanity, but we'll see.
I figure that at least if you are in a calm environment like a hotel at night, you can put up with peoples bs easier.
Being the only person on the job sounds ridiclous though. and yeah the fact that you worked two full-time jobs could definitely subject you to a lot more stress then usual.

You need to look at the job addvert and base your answers off of that. What are they looking for? Turn that into why you want the job and want to wirk for them

Also this is the point I was making about indeed/snagajob/gibsmedat
What would make you a good fit for the company? Learn about company values and spit them back at the HM. Burger King is easy for this, they have tons of videos about the company culture and are kind of notorious for it.
For example you wouldn’t go to, say, JP Morgan and say you like to party and chillax. You wouldn’t go to Google and say you want to stiffen up the rules. “Used to talking to people” who isn’t? It’s rather vague and doesn’t tell the HM much about your fit.

For the initial hiring process, yeah, lay off teh drinking, smoking and drugs. The test for tobacco now, often. Once you're in the system, you can indulge. I know people who have actual jobs who have to drug test more than temp workers do.
If you cant go clean for a couple weeks to get a job, then you shouldn't be working anyway.
And you don't need a suit for temp work. Just get a clean polo and khakis that fit, decent shoes (no sneakers or boots), socks, and be clean and presentable for the initial interview. Most of the time they'll tell you what the dress code is, most offices are 'office casual" now, the only offices that require shirt and tie are legal offices. The companies I've worked for, it was office casual the whole way for temps, and we hired a lot of them. The one I work at now, half the marketing management started as marketing temps.

Enjoy getting coffee for everyone user

OP, you are simply a loser, and will always be a loser

a man cant control that he is a loser sometimes, just face the reality and end it before it gets too late

Enjoy unemployment

In my experience, hiring staff who ask "What would make you a good fit" is the kind of bullshit question they ask, when they don't know what to ask so they use a bullshit question like that. Just shine them on - "I'm interested in this industry and want to learn about it as much as I can". Pretty simple. If they're asking questions like that, they just need a warm body, honestly. You just need to stand out from the pack - good personality, good hygeine, doesn't look like you'll cause drama, etc. They know it's an unfair question, that everyone lies and bullshits, it's a formality, a hoop to jump through, where what really counts is your ability to show that you'll just show up on time, do the work with minimal supervision, and not cause problems.

I think you're right and I need to step up my specific-answer-to-vague-question game. I honestly expected them to just make sure i can talk to someone without fainting and then give me the job. i didnt expect to need to be on the ball this much just to push the floor for some pennies. the wagecuck meme is fucking real my guy

Nobody gets coffee anymore, lol. Most offices have coffee service, or everyone gets it for themselves, or sends their admin. Nobody is so lacking in things to do in modern offices that they send them for fucking coffee lol. Go get a real job and stop acting like you know what the real world is like from TV.

Yeah if you got into a bigger nicer hotel with more employees I can see it being a better job. I worked at La Quinta so the demographics may have had something to do with it since you can stay there for like $60 a night

Top kek desk jockey
Dont forget the skinny latte user

>Show up to the actual place of employment.
Has this meme ever actually worked for anyone?

Hello newfag, i didn't realise it was summer yet

Nice Boomer larp and trips.

I will tell you right now whats your problem. I dont know you, I dont want to know you but I can tell you, 100% sure, that you dont have a firm handshake. And you probably lower your eyes when you give that weak handshake. Work on it and you will get a good job.

>Chad just walked in and handed them a physical copy.
>Implying Chad would need to wagecuck at a minimum wage job
>Implying this is still the 60s
You're more out of touch with reality than HRC.

that is a stonefaced lie my friend I look them right in the eye and give them the 3pl8 deadlift grip handshake

“Boomer” (You)s will be ignored as they offer zero value
Study the co., you should know more than the average guy off the street. It’s psychological why I do this. It hits that spot in the HM and makes you less of an outsider.
It is hard but how much do you want a job? Think of the things you really truly want and how hard you’d work to get them. Is it not the same for a job? I assume since we’re here you can probably spend hours researching crypto. You have what you need already.
I have a perfect attendance award from HS (I didn’t really but the admins thought I did, so why not right?) it’s been helpful to mention for that reason.

>3 plate deadlift is substantial
They didn't hire you because they can tell you're a pussy.

Never had a real job, huh? LOL. You retards always show your hand with your lame little attacks.

>what the fuck am I doing wrong?
Trying to get a job. Sell all your shit and buy crypto

Apply for a trade job, Hvac electrician, tell them verbatim" I am not a bitch amd will work and am hungry for a good job and want to be your boss someday" Then go back those words up with action starting your first day. Youll get a job an schooling right from tue start 15+and hour in the MW, mire on the coasts. Hell theyll hire you just for shits and grins ti watch you fail, thing is we want you to succeed since thwre are never enough good hires.

Googles your friend. Welcome to 100k banked by 21 if your not an idiot.

>double overhand

Maybe sell yourself harder.
Something like "I am a very hard worker, I always put extra effort to make sure everything I do is finished to perfection and not just something that is 'good enough'." etc.

Also if you REALLY wanna make money besides doing minimum wage I'd recommend learning a skill. Like web design maybe. Even plumbers make decent bank.

There's the joke that the minimum wage jobs have all been taken by immigrants, and it has a bit of truth into it. Investing in yourself is going to pay off more in the long run.

Why would you do anything else with such babyweight?
Get to at least 4 for reps then you can be a big boy with straps or hook grip.

>HVAC
Recommend, growing industry with deficit of skilled workers. Pretty cheap to get certs and licenses in it. Local company is hiring HVAC techs out of high school starting at $22/hr entry, plus truck, phone, benefits. Plus you never have to pay for residential handymen again. Only downside is it is physical labor so you can’t be a soyboy and it’s about 99% men who WILL bust your balls.

He is an idiot user. If he cant figure out how to lie on a resume or bend the truth there is no hope for him.

OP. Call up the recruiter/HR and ask their name and address the resume to them personally. Look up buzz words the recruiter looks for and use them in conversation. (Team player, safety concious, good communicator etc) set a time that you will call them to follow up on resume. Easy.

Drive from restaurant to restaurant between the hours of 2-4pm until one hires you. print out a generic application/resume because you have to fill out the same one at every restaurant.

>Mexicans checking in with one person and then bringing in a family of 10 through the side door
Why is it always Latinos that do this shit. I live in an apartment block with 5 apartments. They are all one bedroom apartments and 4 of them including mine have single blokes. The 5th one has a Portugese family. Initially it was supposed to be a couple with their daughter. Then the mailboxes started having notices attached, "does x person live here, does y person get here. Eventually their address got upgraded to 5 names, not including their daughter and still receiving mail for others not on their mailbox name list. I genuinely don't get it do 6 people sleep in one bed, take turns?

>Boomer larping as a millenial in order to push his agenda

Just apply to warehouses. Furniture warehouses hire pretty much next day

If there is an amazon warerhouse near you just apply online and don't be retarded when you take the interview test. Don't do drugs for a few days before the first hiring event and you will have a job. its not that hard yo just dont be a dumbass cuck and blow it the first day

>everyone bitches they cant get a job
>offer sensible advice to be more aggressive in your job search
>BOOMERBOOMERBOOMER
I out of this kneejerk thread

>And might I remind you boomers are the ones hiring you mongs? Appeal to their sensibilities.

Nice try

fuck off boomer nigger

Jobs at retail chains have the most competition. Try applying at places that no one's heard about.

You have to start somewhere. Not everyone gets a cushy high-paying job right out of school. Even a crappy job is better than nothing because it helps you start building a work history.

This. Almost a 100% guarantee for OP to get an Amazon warehouse job as long as he's got no complaints about working 10-hour graveyard shifts and has good stamina.

Kek, maybe that works for mom and pop 1965 stores but go show up to a decently size company, who the fuck you gonna talk to? Go walk into JP Morgan's corperate office and ask for a job, they're gonna tell your ass to apply online. It's not even gonna be the hiring manager that tells you either, so wearing a fucking autist suit won't help you.

I work for a large DoD Contractor and all we have is a fucking receptionist who tells idiots to apply online. They WANT you to apply online, it makes the process more stremalined.

Every one of you fuckers in this thread needs to understand that going to work in the morning is what you are supposed to fucking do. Go to work, and work hard.

You porn addicted fucks will never make any money sitting behind your computers.

Prove me wrong

>12 posts
>no job

Low skill labor has huge supply, most people are low skill.

You need to understand: “I can’t find a job” means “I can’t find a job in digital media.” Food service and manual labor don’t count as jobs.

Work experience triumphs a degree!

>bad reading comprehension
Shocker. Also, phoneposter.

10/10 cuck application
Any low skill job would hire you in a second.
I'm so glad to be done with that shit

Dude what the fuck I live in Vancouver and I'm a "Produce Engineer." Thanks for the free resume

>Get off your fucking ass, put on a suit, and walk into these places inquiring about employment.

Kek, nice troll user.