Be me

>be me
>23 years old, M&A Valuation analyst
>deals are usually small-cap companies in the southeast -- boring shit
>still, anyone of you finance fags would kill for my "comfy" job
>but all I want to do is spend my days learning even more about crypto and trade all day

I use basically all of my off-time and even time during work researching crypto and random altcoins. This shit is so interesting. Finance bros, how do I make the shift?

nothing ventured, nothing gained. just don't be stupid about it.

I'm very fortunate -- my father and some of his associates want me to help invest some excess capital of theirs in crypto. Somewhere between $200 - $1m. I look forward to eventually getting to that, but my job itself fucking blows, and there are very few opportunities in finance for crypto work outside of a handful of VC funds.

You gotta risk it bro. Go all in on that one coin and just fucking make it so you can go full time. If you lose what the fuck do you have to lose? you'll move up to associate or go to b-school. You still get a cushy bonus and a salary that's better than the majority of the country.

lmfao at this M&A boi
lmfao even harder that he thinks there's a future in crypto and that the bubble isn't presently bursting

Listen bud, just cuz that retard at the SEC was too stupid to come out and say the USFG is going to ban this shit, you don't really think the Fed is going to give up control of the money supply to a bunch of retarded chinks with graphics cards, right?

The jig is up and anyone with half a brain can see all this distributed ponzi nonsense is going to fucking 0

It has literally no use case (>but muh distributed trustless smartcontractful oraclized currency tho!), is legit worse than venmo, and the tech literally can't scale

best figure out some other way to make it; this ship has sailed

Bitter nocoiner.

If you knew shit about finance, you'd know that the Fed has absolutely zero power over crypto. Their job is literally managing the supply of USD, and nothing more. The SEC will crack down on ICOs, since right now a shit ton of shit companies are using them to source 100% free capital. It's insane, and the SEC will eventually step in to regulate all large ICOs. Private coins will likely come under the ire of the US gov't once it's revealed that terrorist organizations and crime syndicates are using them to disguise cash flows. The shitcoin "utility" token bubble will burst, the ICO bubble will burst, but crypto is here to stay. I invest solely in coins with historical staying paying (BTC, ETH) or coins that are expressly not vague shit and actually solve a specific issue (LINK, solving the oracle problem).

But thanks for the FUD, fag.

*historical staying power

That was beautiful user
Researched link?

How can the US gov prohibit BTC and crypto without going openly communist ?

>there are very few opportunities in finance for crypto work outside of a handful of VC funds
I don't know what you expect otherwise for employment. Crypto isn't institutional yet; there aren't any regulations that have stuck and a lot of grey areas, but I think that policy makers have made it clear that people working hard to play by the rules will do fine. Crypto is definitely in its infacy and has a lot of room to grow.
That said, though it's revolutionary, a decentralized ledger isn't too exciting - pretty businessy for the most part. If you really want to be a part of crypto (and you're probably a bit late to start), I'll reiterate:

>policy makers have made it clear that people working hard to play by the rules will do fine
>people working hard to play by the rules will do fine
>working hard to play by the rules
>hard work to play by the rules

Would you say RLC also solves a specific issue?

No, but I'm not an expert on cloud computing. RLC and many other projects just come off as some devs throwing a dart at a board of topics and then adding blockchain to it. Ads, but with blockchain. Cloud computing, but with blockchain. Bounties, but with blockchain. IDs, but with blockchain.

None of them seem to address a pressing need, and they are all far, far, far too niche to deserve their own tokens. For example, why the fuck does CVC need a token for tracking digital identities? Like I said earlier, these companies create tokens solely to raise free capital. It's fucking horseshit, and I feel bad for those who get wrapped up in "utility tokens," because it's not their fault -- they just haven't realized yet that tokens/coins are not stocks. You don't invest in a company's token the way you'd invest in a stock. Market cap for coins is another idiotic concept, but that's another story.

Are you bearish on supply chain coins?

>VEN, WTC, AMB, WABI

I see your point, but if smart contracts are the future, a lot of processing power will be needed because the ETH virtual machine isn't strong enough, so I think the processing power provided by iEXEC will be very useful.

Way too niche for me. Also runs into the issue of "why do you need your own token for this?" Many companies are just "blockchain" companies and still provide a capable, "decentralized" service (as if businesses care about decentralization as long as its cheaper).

Also, in general, I'm bearish on anything Chinese because 1) the Chinese gov't is unpredictable in its support for a given project, 2) a project is more likely to succeed based off how the gov't feels than the team/idea, 3) the Chinese, historically, are iterators, not innovators, and 4) widespread western adoption of Chinese software is unheard of. I wouldn't invest even in NEO because I know that project's fate is entirely based upon how their dear chairman is feeling on a given morning. Oh, and 5) I'm suspicious that any popular Chinese crypto is embedded with some sort of data to spy on westerners. Fuck China.

Fair enough, and I agree that iExec themselves can provide a great service. What I fail to understand is why RLC needs to exist as a currency for that to happen.

If you're a valuation analyst you'll know that the valuation of these coins/tokens is very hard to justify (hedge fund portfolio manager here). It's best to keep crypto as a hobby and earn the bulk of your money from analyzing sustainable businesses.

I'm 23 years old famalam. If I wanted to be seriously competitive in equities, forex, derivatives, or fixed income, I would need years (likely decades) of training, experience, and ups and downs in order to make a consistent high return and be competitive with other fund managers.

Alternatively, I could invest my time and effort into a nascent market which most people above 40 have classified as a passing fad. I have a BBA in Finance. Many of the skill sets I possess carry over to crypto analysis. I have friends dedicating their 20s and 30s to catching up to those in their 40s and 50s. I could do that rat race, or I could lead the pack with crypto (like many have already begun to do).

On another note, I'm rabidly searching for the next major iteration of crypto on level with BTC and ETH. Many people believe that 3rd gen coin exists today, but I don't. I can't wait for that special combo of autistic genius and radical concept to blow me away. I'll be all in. But all this "smart contracts, but better!" shit? Fuck off. This current market is garbage, but once it burns down and rebuilds, it will be glorious.

unless you're some kind of tech god, i think you might want to read this again.

>policy makers have made it clear that people working hard to play by the rules will do fine
>people working hard to play by the rules will do fine
>working hard to play by the rules
>hard work to play by the rules

here wait... here's another path for you.
>rules
>compliance
>normies ever figuring out how to do things ever
hmmm...

Understood. To be fair to you, I'm not very familiar with crypto valuation methodologies - the ones I have seen don't really make sense in the traditional sense. I wish you the best sir.

Also I'm only 30 and a PM at one of the funds that you would recognize. Earning your stripes may be a shorter process than you anticipate if you play your cards right.

So what you're saying is start my own bullshit blockchain company with my own bullshit cryptocurrency, host a bullshit ICO and then pocket the millions I make in free money? All completely legally?

no! but you can try that too.

check out JNT