WTF JUST HAPPENED IN BITFINEX

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/bitmexrekt?lang=es
twitter.com/BitmexRekt/status/966616470796070912
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Its over man. Big guys are exiting.

what in the fuck

Seems like the most logical way to sell a lot of bitcoins.

look like longs just got fucked

Holy shit that was hard to watch

where's that REKT twitter? I wanna see

CME shit closes tomorrow?

Holy shit

twitter.com/bitmexrekt?lang=es pretty gory

400 million-san cashing some out.

jesus...

whalegames, whales saw tasty longs and decided to cash out/short at the same time

satoshi showing his balls to a hooker and she said " I need some more sir"

holy fuck a million souls crying

Stop loss hunt? Time to moon boyos.

>BTC will never be under 10k again

>As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced

Flash crash due to slippage. Wonder who set a low buy order and just became an instant millionaire.

Just degenerate gamblers getting wrecked by whales. No big deal. Hopefully the learn their fucking lesson and stop playing fuckfuck games with a market that can obliterate them that easily.

This is the kind of thing that reminds me we aren't playing with big boy bucks yet

Textbook market manipulation. I've been on the tradingview trollbox the whole day and a lot of people have been calling this.
I'm out of this, I'll buy in again when the bear market is over

this is why these bearfags and bullfags shorting and longing are fucking delusional, margin trade is not meant for this low market cap shit that people have such complete control over

I don't get it, why would a whale do that just to fuck with a few margin longs? Isn't he also losing a ton of money in the process?

stop loss hunting innit

for the luls

No because this can easily start a bear market due to the amount of bot trading. The whale will buy back in at much lower prices and laugh its way to the bank while normies with a few k in the market get rekt

No, they probably just made a ridiculous amount of money.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

whales have long cashed out. they're just fucking with the market for shits n giggles

No, it's slippage rather
A bunch of orders (particularly margin orders) being triggered and causing the price to basically slip below where real current support is (and come back up just as quickly, but fucking all margin longs in the meantime)

That said, if one day I become rich enough, I will most definitely waste some money in making one big red thicc veiny candle, hopefully at an unsteady time in the price too, so as to cause an even bigger crash

it's more that none of the markets have any standards and practices that are up to date. Allows for way too much manipulation (bot, wash, stop-hunting, flashboy type behavior)

You're a fucking idiot.

Whales make bank by doing stop loss hunting. He might have sold as low as $9900 but due to stop loss triggering the market dropped further, allowing the whale to scoop up cheaper prices. You don't see it often with Bitcoin but it happens all the time on alts with low volume.

this is why I never use auto stop loss in cryptos just manual stop lost.

tho I have to stay up 24/7.

that was awesome, I was just waiting to buy back

>implying its not the exchanges themselves running bots.

true, but some of these standards are unfun, imo
given, I don't margin trade so my outlook is different than those who do, but still

>Whales push the price down
>Stop losses are triggered
>Accumulate Bitcoins sold by stop losses.

would not surprise me. this is why regulation and standards/practices is a good thing. if people want crypto to be grown-up it needs it. This shit is getting absurd.

The only thing I hate about this whole thing is that it gives validation to wannabe-insider-fags like (who have been wrong multiple times in the past) and now they can gloat.

>trigger a bear market

yeee this is making us go sub 10k lmao

I agree. I had my fun with whacky shitcoin moons, but its clear at this point that exchanges are simply too vulnerable to manipulation for adoption to ever occur.

Its about time for this game to mature.

nooo pls no another year pls I need to be neetmillionaire

You realise that the stock market is even worse these days, right?

wash trading is illegal on every major market. that alone makes all traditional markets better. flash-access is still a problem, but that is about it. you have stop hunting on most commodities exchanges but people actually get in trouble for it (not enough). You're fucking delusional if you think Binance/Bitfinex/et cetera are better exchanges in any way shape or form (other than easy access)

>twitter.com/bitmexrekt?lang=es pretty gory
my finger got tired scrolling down that

You would never ever see something like that in the stock market. Whales don't have enough to manipulate the market like that and most are tested against aggregates like Dow. Which have circuit breakers and trading that only happens for a specified time. Only crypto is this volatile.

I have this feeling that these invisible walls that are buying btc aren't trying to make money.

damn boy

What if the banks are buying BTC with invisible walls, so they can then dump it all at once to crash the price (without caring how much money it costs them).

>without caring how much money it costs them
lol.
the reason whales are whales is because they dont trade based on emotion

I've never seen a 1k candle before, I'm kind of scared to use any leverage over 5x now. Good thing I was shorting

They happened a couple times last year.. Around when the Chinese fud came out. It would usually signal the start of an extremely rapid 30% drop and equally as fast recovery.

Banks don't buy BTC. They pump and dump coins like XRP and TRX to get it.

Banks can't even buy BTC

And thats why, faggots, you dont use leverage in this market. One candle like this and you are fucked.

no they bought early

>newfags discover crypto
it has been documented for years bitfinex spoofs their order book by mirroring bitstamp's. when a big selloff occurs, they don't have the liquidity to cover it instantly and shit drops fast
going long on finex is more or less as risky as x100 margin on bitmex. less than 2 months ago, bitfinex alts dropped by 90-95% in an instant. flash crashes are the norm here

Are futures over?
Was that the dump, ffs
I need a bigger dump. Give hope

Looks like we're headed to the bottom of the trendline. We've been rejected from the top again and again, bulls have been losing their shirt this whole week, they will get tired

futures dont trade on saturdays, they reopen around 6pm ET on Sunday (not sure exactly what time)

this

it happened twice today luckily i had one of them.

Reminder that all you newfags are never going to make it. So stop stressing or just quit.

Fucking Insane!

he locked the price in at 17k so it's actually more

Bitmex has a morbid sense of humor.

i guess that means a suicide

still, that's 8.6 Billion at a minimum.
what the fuck?!
lol, yea he cleaned the fuck up

It's $860k, brainlet. And that's with leverage.

This can't be real. Can it?

I always thought the first number on that tweet was the dollar value of the liquidation not the BTC value

it might be as low as $8.6k with 100x leverage in that transaction

lmao,
nah no AndHero for me,
I never had the money to invest into BTC
but yea, definitely going to be some AndHeroing soon

lol morbid is underselling it don't cha think?

Pretty sure it is the dollar value lol

are you mentally hadicapped or not know how bitmex works? that would have to be -100x leverage to be that much you fucking idiot. stupidity like this is inexcusable

you better redo ya math shit stain.

if he sold 865,310 Bitcoins for $10,037.50
simple math dictates you're a dumb ass
and the value in total is....
$8,685,549,125
8 = Billionth place
6 = 100-Millionth place
8 = 10-millionth place
5 = Millionth place
5 = 100-thousandth place
4 = 10-thousandth place
9 = thousandth place

lmao you gone get so Rekt

I never used Bitmex,
sorry if the numbers is off, I seen the tweet and read it as "Sold 865,310 bitcoins for $10,037.50 a pop"

I thought this was raw bitcoin-to-dollar amounts.

its contracts, one contract is worth 1 usd you fuckin retard

so am idiot who took a flyer on some bitcoin

this mean it's headed to the shitter?

well excuse me for not using Bitmex or contracts
lol either way,
Hope you lost money in this you cuck whore

yes, tomorrow there will come the biggest coronal mass ejection in history.

looks like a major exchange was hacked and some insider dumped his bags. Tomorrow is going to be bloody

lol, I may have jumped the gun.
evidently this is contracts valued at a dollar a wop

KEK

i lost enough money one that site, i dont touch it these days

um isn't the futures expiring and them shorting btc? Where is this exchange fud coming from

continue,
what exchange and how did you hear of this?

its 865k swap contracts each one has the value of 1 USD and that order is likely on leverage of higher than 5x in order to get liquidated like that

The principle for that position could be as low as 0.9 btc or so if it was 100x

Shut up, retard.
You failed to use common sense. Daily trading volume is under 8bil and you think it's possible that someone casually holds a futures contract worth over 8 billion. You are too dumb for this.

futures already expired and exchange hack is a fud

lol how I failed to use common sense and wasn't aware this was contracts or they were valued at a buck a piece

lmao stop it, you don't come across as better than me because you knew this was valued at a dollar. unless of course you made money on this, Huh? oh! you didn't?
lol I figured as much you in-the-basement-of-my-parents-cuck-whore

thank you for explaining this,
I mistakenly assumed this was bitcoins to dollars, didn't know this was contracts to dollars.

Post your wallet, poorfag.

Post your mother's tit's
penis pirate

Kotor 2 my nigga

lol

How good is that guy?

It's a combination of unreal tournament and dota 2 lines.

What do you say about this fine gentleman. Liquidated so hard he acquired aquaman powers by now (2 days ago).

twitter.com/BitmexRekt/status/966616470796070912