H-holy fuck...how come nobody ever told me about these beautiful bastards until now?

h-holy fuck...how come nobody ever told me about these beautiful bastards until now?

LITERALLY the best cookie/biscuit I've ever had or made

Other urls found in this thread:

cookiemanindia.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Anzac biscuits? Shhh, don't tell anyone or everyone will flock to Australia to get some. BUT WE'RE FULL.

Too late.

cookiemanindia.com/

How come it's not called biscuits? You would think Australia would use British English.

They're great and the best part is they don't contain any form of corn products

Can you imagine living in a country where cane sugar is the norm and your foods aren't jacked full of Monsanto corn flour and other subsidised garbage by products?

Kek it's fucking great and it upsets Americans when I tell them about it

They are Anzac biscuits you retard

Yes, we use English

Well fuck. That explains why Indians have been coming here in droves over the past decade. lol
Particularly the western suburbs of Melbourne.

>he thinks anyone cares about Melbourne let alone the western suburbs

Go to bed Mohammed, it's 11:51

You're not meant to know about this. ASIO has been notified.

>those soft chewy ones from woolies

Canuck reporting. Recipe calls for golden syrup. I have Maple. can I use it instead?

Maple syrup is a superior substitute for any sweetener of any kind.

Who are these upset Americans you talk to
Fucking summer brags

It's an oatmeal cookie. With coconut.

It's not that special.

>maple syrup

No absolutely not, use golden syrup or otherwise it won't work, trust me

*this comment has been deemed unfit for viewing by Australian citizens*

I always hated those.

Oat biscuits?

I bet living in America feels like having a chunk of your cock lopped off.

>Leaves don't have golden syrup

Just admit you are Americans at this point, you aren't Commonwealth.

Just kill yourself yank.

confirming maple syrup is no substitute.
and also, you are only permitted to eat these holy snacks on Anzac day, much like you can only eat hot cross buns on Easter

American here. We used to have it. A hundred years ago sugar was a HUGE commodity. Remember that we went through a period of aggressive imperialism and then a long period of isolationism, so we just refined what we had.

For a long time our sugar industry was more like Europe and there were a wealth of different sugar products coming from a large number of different sources. The continent is huge and people always needed it, and there wasn't nearly as much available so it was harder and more expensive to get if you needed it for industrial-sized baking tasks.

We worked pretty hard to get sugar cane production going domestically, and we fought at least one war over it and also took over Hawaii specifically for it. The reason the many sugar byproducts have disappeared from American markets is because we just don't need to produce them. Corn sugar is a fucking massive industry so it's always available in fuckhuge amounts at extremely low prices.

The different syrups and sugars of old are don't really compete anymore because it's easy to make a corn version of all of them. It's the same reason people don't really make rye, barley, or oat breads or flour like they used to. Wheat is consistently available in basically unlimited amounts, and it's cheap. The varied flavors of different ingredients are nice, but unnecessary to feed everyone.

Treacle, maple syrup, and beet sugar are available, but they are deprecated by our industries because there is more than enough of the preferred sweetener to go around. A lot of our food and culture is still based on what the English were eating at the time, but recipes have changed to use generic sweeteners instead of specific different kinds.

We produce a fucking unreal amount of food, particularly corn and beef. What do you want, man? People don't know about different kinds of sugar because it has literally never mattered in their lifetime, ever. Only cooks who use lots of older recipes can even distinguish between them.

We do have golden syrup tho

>Corn sugar is a fucking massive industry so it's always available in fuckhuge amounts at extremely low prices.

Actually if you look at the history this is a relatively new, and artificial change.

For most of America's history we imported a lot of sugar. During the 1970's the American sugar industry had a hard time competeing with cheaper foreign sugar, so they lobbied the Federal gov for help. During the late 1970's the gov passed high import taxes as well as quota limits on imported sugar. As a result the price of sugar in the US tripled nearly overnight. HFCS was once more expensive than plain sugar, but now it was suddenly much cheaper. Within a year most of the major industrial users of sugar (like soft drink companies) switched to HFCS. Ironically, that fucked over the domestic sugar industry even worse. This persists to today. Sugar in the US costs roughly 3x what it does on the international market which is why US producers use HFCS so much whereas it's nowhere near as common elsewhere.

Oh, and as for golden syrup? We still do have it. My local supermarket stocks Lyle's in the Import section as well as domestic brands next to the fake maple syrup.

Yeah, but nobody knows what it is or how to use it, as it's absent from basically all recipes and storebought products. The meme of golden syrup is gone, but like I said we can still buy it.

It has exited our culture, but we used to use it the exact same way as the other Anglos.

We have it, it's just not as common as maple or molasses in the more easterly bits.