My hand got pierced by a raw chicken bone. It bled...

My hand got pierced by a raw chicken bone. It bled. Should I be concerned about chicken-borne disease or can you get them when you eat the stuff only?

The drumsticks also smelled fucking disgusting.

>Should I be concerned about chicken-borne disease

Of course you should.

You should also seek some kind of physical therapy to address how on earth you managed to stick yourself with a chicken bone in the first place.

Broke it.

It's happened to me many times at various workplaces. I just clean the puncture spot and continue working. Relax, likely nothing to worry about.

Is it normal for raw drumsticks to smell absolutely disgusting, by the way? They have been in the freezer since like a week and a half; I have no idea why they smell this bad. I defrosted them and almost gagged while trying to pick the flesh off of the bones.

If they smell that bad, throw them out. Fresh, clean raw chicken should have a slightly chickeny smell, nothing more.

It is a chickeny smell but an extremely overwhelming one, as if I am bathing in raw chicken juice. It has a touch of snot in it.

what the fuck? that seems like a once every 5 years type of thing. How does that happen to you several times? lol.

I also find drumsticks/wings to smell disgusting.

Nah, toss 'em. Having a slick, slimy film on the chicken is a sure sign that it's fucked.

Well, one place I worked, I broke down and deboned about twenty whole chickens a day, and I worked at that place for about four years, so...
Shattered bone jabs through skin fairly easily. That, and the fucking quills on the wingtips are fucking assholes for poking.

No no, not the chicken itself. The smell. The smell has a touch of snot smell in it.

>snot smell

Bruh blow your nose

Nah I am sure it is coming from this shit.

That's still pretty hilarious. If you brought up that story in casual conversation I would have thought you to be retarded until you went into detail.

I worked at coffee shops for 3-4 years and never burned myself but I managed to nearly chop my hand off just trying to open hard plastic several times.

So I finished cooking it and ate like 2 morsels. It tasted nasty so I dumped it. I won't get fevery volcanic explosive diarrhea like the time I ate badly cooked chicken from 2 morsels, right?

R-right?

Top kek

What if itz more than smellz?

Retard. Always trust your nose.

>The drumsticks also smelled fucking disgusting
Raw chicken never smells good unless it's marinated to hell and back anyway.
But yeah, if you can't trust the meat coming from source with reliable industry standards you might want to be safe than sorry.

Its fine, OP I was a cook at a kfc for years and every day I would get little cuts and nicks from the raw chicken pieces, rib cuts in particular. Never got sick from it.
And I mean every day I would come home with a dozen tiny nicks and about once a week I would get a relatively deep cut.
Bones are sharp. Its like shoving your hands into a tub of flour with little glass shards in it that you can't see.