Is eating in public degenerate? I mean while walking and on public transportation

Is eating in public degenerate? I mean while walking and on public transportation.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GvmRO3WMfP8
youtube.com/watch?v=xt1fiitz1YM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Eating on public transportation should carry the death penalty.

not it's efficient at times but not as patrician as sitting down for a proper 14 course meal.

>while walking
No. It's perfectly fine having a sandwich, a dürüm or something similar on the go.
>on public transportation
Yes, especially when you're eating something with a strong smell.

>eating on public transportation
If it's a snack-type thing, like a granola bar or a packet of almonds or something, no big deal
If you're eating a sub sandwich or bowl of soup, then it's stupid

No, I eat subs on public transport every day.

Sometimes soup too. Or curry pots.

Yes its very disgusting. The cardinal sin is eating crisps in the supermarket you haven't paid for yet

He probably doesn't want chicken grease on his cloths, makes sense why he might have taken them off.

Is it against the law to be in public without shirts and pants?

I am currently going through a similar naked phase at home.

What the fuck is that? A 4 liter bottle of pepsi? They really make something like that?

>eating food at the grocery store before you pay for it
how is this not illegal

Apparently not for Brits.

Your stores sells french fries? Or are they frozen, because sometimes I eat frozen fries at walmart just to see if I will like the brand.

Do you eat lunch at a restaurant and ask for the check after you eat? Same difference..

No.

Are you female?

Nope, old white male

Oh, it must be your age then.

That's not me but it was pretty close.
I know years ago when I was at a socal supermarket a relative got fresh potato wedges. I wasn't paying attention to where they got them in the store but I would guess around the deli area. The deli area does more than just cold cuts plus a small "restaurant" counter could be close to there.

Excuse me. Potato chips to you

Chips are french fries.
Crisps are potato chips.

Depends what it is.

If you're eating toast or a bagel on the train in the morning, sure go ahead. Don't try for a full English.

I've been guilty of cheeseburger on a train before. Again, I don't have a problem with this either. As long as your food is handheld and you don't have to make a mess to eat it, I don't care.

I do have a problem with the guy I saw last week that got a bathroom hand towel out, placed it on his lap, dipped his Popeye's chicken into a bowl of mashed potatoes and gravy, and ate it on the train.

Sandwiches or the sort on public transport? Have it.

Full course chicken dinner? Throw yourself in front of the train next time.

Remember when trains had dining cars famarama?

The thought of people watching me eat makes me uncomfortable. I might have autism.

This is extremely low tier. The guy clearly has excessive mental problems.

NO IT'S NOT. Restaurants are prepared to cook, seat and clean up for you, but supermarkets aren't; their job is to retail products to you, not provide a space for their consumption. The fact that so many people see nothing wrong with strewing garbage and dirtying up a store speaks volumes about their lack of self control and social etiquette.

This for me too.

It's not just you user. Any meal I'm not eating with family I sneak around and cook as quietly as possible, then fuck off to my room and eat at my desk. All to avoid having people watch me eat or be around food. This even happens on days where I haven't eaten a single meal. I don't know why it's gotta be like this but it does.

This.
You must be retarded to think differently.

Follow some whales around the supermarket next time you are there. Ive even seen them open up a multipack of crisps/chips, and eat a pack. Usually they will just crap a single pack and then put the empty wrapper through the checkout. It's less common here than it used to be but you can still see it

I only get uncomfortable eating around people if I am the only one eating. Probably since my father terrorized us for eating though we weren't overweight. He was sick in the head.

No, as long as it doesn't smell strongly or make a mess.
What do I care?

When I worked as a cashier at a grocery store, I fucking hated this shit. These people load all their shit onto the belt, plus whatever empty packages they/their kids ate, for ME to conveniently dispose of, while they just smile and sheepishly give me some bullshit reason for it.

I mean, at least they were honest about it, I guess? As opposed to the fucking shitheads who'd leave ripped open donut boxes with only one single donut missing on some random shelf, or scumbags leaving fried chicken bones or cherry pits everywhere they don't belong.

Grocery stores just bring out the worst in people. We need to go back to living in small villages and a bartering system.

Trust me, the BSL in Philly doesn't..

With the exception of shoes, I treat everywhere else like I treat my house.

If it's going to make a mess, I make sure I have something to catch crumbs and a place to wash my hands.

That said, I make an effort to not eat while I'm out and about because it just wastes time and it's expensive.

I am just glad I am not such a wage cuck I commute to work on a train. I can't see how one wouldn't want to just end it.

The state of Ohio seems to think I'm unfit to drive for the next year and some odd months.

once a fat girl got on the bus next to me and pulled out a box of french fries downed in ketchup mayo and vinegar and gobbled it down,then she drank like 1l of coca cola

fucking disgusting didnt eat for a day after

Its not illegal if you produce the packing to pay for it, walking out without paying is still shoplifting though and store policy applies.

only if you're fat or eating something with an odor that others are likely to find bothersome or the food is messy

if you're just eating something like fruit or a nutrition bar or whatever, then people who take offense are cunts

It depends where you live but I believe in most places it is illegal. Many stores will not make it an issue.

because enough people are responsible enough to acknowledge that they consumed the product and pay for it.

I live in a very hot area and I'm often severely dehydrated by the time I get done with my final job for the day. It's impractical to carry enough water to get me through my job, which is outdoors, and often I'll stop in the corner store. If the lines long, I'll sure as fuck pop open a bottle of water and drink it while waiting. I'm not a freeloader though and I pay for it when I get to the counter

>paying for water
What a cuck.

if it is tidy and not pungent who is really bothered?

xDDDDDD

I work as a night stocker and you just described my godamn rage. The crap I have to clean off the shelf before I stock is just FUCKING ridiculous. It really makes me think lesser of humans in general. The majority of you stupid motherfuckers should just be barred from entering any and every public grocery place. The lot of you are just despicable and act as if you aren't even fucking housebroken yet. Stuffing a frozen food product onto the canned veggie shelf because you decide you don't want it anymore? I mean REALLY?? You STUPID lazy motherfucking fat fuck. SET THAT SHIT ON THE FLOOR AND JUST WALK AWAY! Why cram it onto a completely unrelated shelf where it doesn't belong!! You humans sincerely deserve martial law.

most humans simply have too much privilege

Quit your whining and just do your goddamn job!

But technically a frozen food out of the freezer for more than 15 minutes needs to be thrown out anyway to maintain the cold chain.

I work at the most awful of places to help pay for college. Dollar Tree. My least favorite time was when I had to completely fix the entire stationery aisle because for some reason it always gets really disheveled and nobody wants to fix it. This particular time it had just been a mess for at least a month, was awful. While I was arranging this little shelf with these clear expandable notecard holders and underneath all of them I found this moldy, rotten, strawberry cheesecake icecream that somebody had taken one out of and stuffed under there. Everything was melty and sticky and just terrible.

Depends on what you're eating
An actual meal then yes
Trail mix or some other handy snack no

eating on transportation, like all public eating, is completely acceptable if you take into account the nearby people. had like 5 people on the bus, carefully eating a mcchicken to fill my salt and power charge on the way home. no one was even nearby to be bothered. keep it descreat, don't set out a whole meal, don't eat something that could spill everywhere, don't leave a scap behind you. It's that simple. universal rules are for children and church. everywhere else you learn to be vigilant and apply the situation around you to determine if something is acceptable.

Same shit with jay walking, you dont' feel any shame slowly crossing an empty road, you are more careful of course when its full, weighing your crossing time carefully to not interrupt or put yourself and traffic in danger.

its something like over a litre but definately not a 2 litre or more. guy is not that fat even if hes a whale.

it sounds like you're a wild animal. this is how wild animals treat food with humans, you don't feel safe with anyone and fear going hungry or someone taking your food (or did and built up the habit). Being in a family setting is a ritual to help you ignore the underlying fear.

If you're fat yes. If not no.

But the sign on the front of the bus says No Food, No Drink, No Cigarettes

I ate a lobster on the train last week.

no

>opens a can of something or pack of something while shopping
>hurr hurr im gonna buy it i swear
>later find the empty wrapper thrown on a shelf

I never understood the concept of being so impatient that you absolutely must start eating inside the store before you even purchased an item. Is it a worldwide thing? Or does this only happen in America?

>Allergies and gag reflexes
>Fairs, festivals, picnics
No I don't like eating in public or around other people I don't know unless it's like a nice restaurant or some side cafe. I'll drink a beverage almost anywhere, so why not food? Just simple, snack foods. Not entire fucking meals... especially in places like a train, bus, or walking down the street. Unsanitary and I might spill something.
If I were in New York or a large city with a street vendors and food cars - TOTALLY DIFFERENT SCENARIO
It all just depends doesn't it?
>youtube.com/watch?v=GvmRO3WMfP8
>OP still a raging homosexual
youtube.com/watch?v=xt1fiitz1YM

no you didn't, stop lying

Die.

In a fucking fire.

How rude.

FUCK you.

WOW!

Eating is a crime now, is it?

I don't care if someone were eating snacks or drinks and I don't live in an area with a lot of or good of public transport [spoiler]>tfw flyover[/spoiler], but I feel like it would be a lot more comfortable for the eater if they just wait until they were home. Like who prefers to eat in train or on a bus? All that said as long as the food isn't getting on me, I don't really care what you do.

You can't even carry butter knives in Britain...what did you expect? Even looking at people is now a misogynistic hate crime there. Those limeys are cucked to hell and back.

Problem with that is a modern urbanite spends so little time home.

>people actually believe this

Britbong here. It's actually true.

I honestly wouldn't eat anything in public, but if you get this triggered by people doing this you aren't ready for social life and should probably just off yourself.

>>>>Tumblr

Autism

You think you can beat me 1,2,3?

if a product is on special and u plan on buying a lot of it, best if u try it out in store so u know if its worth buying in bulk

What about diabetics?

What about survival of the fittest?

I do all these things on buses. Still have the odd bifter on late night tubes and buses as well. Sue me.

In the sheltered "real world" that Veeky Forums presents to itself as some bizarre simulation as to what is really going on in the outside world.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say but you will be charged by the police for carrying a concealed butter knife. Sure you wont face any jail time for a first offence(probably not second either), but no-one wants do do 150 hours community service

>The news is a conspiracy user. Don't trust it.
You sound more cracked than most of /pol/

Is that with or without butter on the knife? Do you get off if it is just margarine?

>Do you get off if it is just margarine?

No, that would constitute a poisoned weapon so it would be even worse.

I saw this same fucking thread on /pol/ not long ago. Is Veeky Forums really just food-themed /pol/ now? It's starting to get disheartening.

I've never heard on anyone being done with a knife with butter on it so couldn't comment. You'd have to be pretty retarded to have butter on it anyway so those cases probably go down the mental health route.

>NO IT'S NOT. Restaurants are prepared to cook, seat and clean up for you, but supermarkets aren't; their job is to retail products to you, not provide a space for their consumption. The fact that so many people see nothing wrong with strewing garbage and dirtying up a store speaks volumes about their lack of self control and social etiquette.
Woah woah woah. This is your mindset, and nothing more. What thieves do, or dirty people without etiquette do is entirely irrelevant, in fact. They aren't following rules. It is actually a marketing model to provide samples, have fountain drink dispensers with deli tagged cups, cold drink cabinets, or whatever else makes the customer buy more and shop longer, or choose that store in the first place. Have you ever lived somewhere tropical? Very cold? Everyone starving? Let's go eat first and then shop? No need! A mom with her brat in the cart gets a free cookie for the kid at half of all grocery store chains, just for bringing them to the bakery counter. I can assure that the free slice at the deli isn't tallied and it's not just to make sure it isn't spoiled or that you approve of it, it's to make you feel like you got something for free. That builds brand loyalty, and maybe sometimes sells other items from deli or bakery, but it doesn't have to, it just makes a nice experience. The store main goal is getting you in the door as frequently as possible. Many grocery stores do have eat-in areas, pre-paying eat in areas, in fact. I think all Safeways, all Whole Foods, about 25% of the Publix', all Wegmans (post pay), all Harris Teeter, just to name the major well-ranked and liked brands. Going to the grocery on your lunch break is crucial to store deli profits. Everyone knows Publix has the best sub and best fried chicken in town.

When and if you go to business school, or get trained by one of the top 10 brands, you'll understand your assumptions about stealing are completely wrong.

>Like who prefers to eat in train or on a bus? All that said as long as the food isn't getting on me, I don't really care what you do.
Grand Central Station actually sells their food packed for takeout to the trains. It is encouraged to bring on the train with you, though there are seats in the station's halls. There's a final beer vendor right at the entrance of every track so you can keep your buzz on. It's awkward and a little cramped though comfortable seating, but 1-2hr commute home is a long time to wait for dinner. The foodstuffs sold are packaged in handled upright bags to set your disposables on the floor at your seat, til you get to the station and use the well-placed receptacles or visit a lavatory. Beer and wine is decanted into cups with lids and straws even, no mess even if you dropped it.

Most airline terminals sell food for dining in a seat on a plane, how is that any different than a bus or a train? Use a napkin, no mess no fuss. Most airlines don't bother with food outside of snacks (nor do they clean the planes well in the 15 minutes at the gate before boarding the next flight, so making a mess with any crumbs or not having a napkin for your tray table is pretty inconsiderate. I would never bring something stinky onboard like tunafish, some kind of curry, but I have brought a cinnabon which is pretty aromatic. I made the flight attendants jealous of my Bayless dinner last time I took a flight out of OHare. Ribeye torta, and the layered guacamole was delicious with my chips. I got a free 2nd baileys when I shared some chips.

I've seen ppl eat this shit on buses

Amtrack still does

Actually in lots of places it is - Chicago, for example, made it illegal to eat on the el.

Rude is a little fucktard that thinks nothing of stinking up a shared space, dropping food and attracting vermin, all because mommy's little lardass can't wait 10 minutes to eat.

Odorless fruit and salad is all that is acceptable.

I don't like either of those things

>degenerate
Why aren't you on your containment board?

>dropping food
Oh I see.

You are a retard that can't eat food like a human.

I actually made this same thread there, as referenced above by another poster, but it got very few responses so I made it again here and here we are having an actual discussion.

> eat food like a human

You mean in a house? Yeah, you're the fucktard eating on the train.

Finger food is degenerate. Eat with proper silverware or not at all.

No, I mean anyone that can eat without dropping fillings.

I suggest you seek medical attention if you are unable.

Oh, is little lardass upset because he hasn't eaten in over 5 minutes? Is hisums starving and needs to dig in right now?

>lardass
From someone who wolfs down their food

Most of us can eat humanely.

I eat a tube of Pringles EVERY DAY when I walk my dog, and I won't fucking apologise for that.

It is perfect, because the tube serves as a great holder for the dogs shit. I just wrap it into a bag, pop it into the tube and don't have to carry a bag of shit to the bin. When I take the shit bag out, it will have warmed up the remaining crisps and on a cold evening it is delicious.

I also eat Burger King on the train and bus almost every day. I don't care. My taxes pay for public transportation so I'll do what I fucking want.

No you don't.

>My taxes pay for public transportation so I'll do what I fucking want.

Social contract, asshole. I'll knock the fucking food out of your hands, since my taxes pay for it and I likely pay more in taxes than you do.

And you also WILL fucking stand up for a pregnant woman, and you WILL keep your fucking trap shut. Understood, faggot?