Do you like okonomiyaki Veeky Forums? It's fucking delicious and easy to make

Do you like okonomiyaki Veeky Forums? It's fucking delicious and easy to make.

> oknomiyaki flour - $3 at Asain market, or make your own mix
> okonomi sauce - $3 at Asain market
> cabbage - cheap as fuck everywhere in US
> whatever other veggies you like
> whatever protein you like, or non at all if you're a veganfag
> bonus bacon or pork belly

It's so easy to make
> Mix flour and water, eggs
> mix in cabbage and veggies
> mix in chopped meats or tofu
> make a pancake and fry.
> Place bacon or pork belly on top
> cook 4 min, then flip. Cook another 4 min
> remove and cover with mayonnaise and okonomi sauce

Fucking eat the most delicious peasant food you've ever had in your life. So good family.

> inb4 weab
> inb4 animefag

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qntKKd25NKc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hate it, but I don't like cabbage. A few joints do negi (Japanese long onions) okonomiyaki, which is pretty good. I'd rather have monja though.

Do the flour taste anything or can it be left out?

It's a really good "put the leftovers in" kind of dish. You can also do just fine without specific Japanese ingredients.

>Do the flour taste anything
What kind of a question is that? Flour and water will make a binding agent to hold everything together. It's basically batter, except not as much of it and you throw other ingredients except topping INTO it.

Poor mans Doner.

I know what the flour does you assmonkey. I asked if okonomiyaki flour tasted anything particular of if it can leave it out. I can't get my hands on that stuff here, so I'm thinking I can use something else as a binding agent.

I haven't ever made it without okonomiyaki flour because it's cheap and easy for me to get since I have an Asian market close. I'd think you could make it with regular floor pretty easily without changing the flavor much. I usually put bacon or sausage in mine and drown it in mayo and sauce so I don't really taste the floor anyway.

okonomiyaki flour
okonomiyaki sauce

well....how about you actually do a real one before trying to educate people about the first thing you are able to cook ,without burning your house down, since instant ramen.

for most people outside of asia, where bonito flakes and the condiments are expensive, its definitely miles worse value/taste than a frittata/omelette/crepe whatever.

I love okonomiyaki. Great weeknight dinner when I don't feel like going to the grocer. SO likes it more than most things anyway
You can make it with all-purpose flour, and I would assume just about any other kind of flour. The pre-mixed flours usually have yam powder and stuff in them but I honestly don't taste much of a difference. The sauce can be made with basic household condiments as well

All of this. Stop acting like it is a throw together meal better than making a really good stuffed omelette.

It's something you can toss together for fun when you have a pretty good asian pantry and spice selection, like bonito flakes and sauce. Also, it requires a bit of a full veggie drawer, like leftovers or a good pantry after making some other recipes/salads/crudite platters. If you have it, use it. The only thing good about this asian dish is that it satisfies a quest for competing textures and flavor balance. Creamy, crunchy, smoky, crispy, piquant, umami, fishy, that kind of balance. I think it's kind of disgusting really.
Try this video:
youtube.com/watch?v=qntKKd25NKc

The yam makes it chewy.

I prefer the layered ones with the noodles, and the fried egg on top. A bit more work, but I don't really like it when my food is all mixed together into a big lump, like some kind of prison loaf.

what an obnoxious couple

This reminds me of the soggy chips/ramen dish the mexicans make.

I love it, but they dont make it at any restaurant in the states.

You're not looking hard enough.

>>It's so easy to make
>> Mix flour and water, eggs
>> mix in cabbage and veggies
>> mix in chopped meats or tofu
>> make a pancake and fry.
>> Place bacon or pork belly on top
>> cook 4 min, then flip. Cook another 4 min
>> remove and cover with mayonnaise and okonomi sauce
Fuck you, post an actual recipe. You know, with ingredient measurements.

>okonomiyaki flour
scam
>that thick mayo
use less mayo.

okonomiyaki flour is bullshit. what you need to worry about getting a hold of is dashi stock.

there really isn't any. as long as you get the ratio of water, flour, dashi, mountain yam correct you just add diced or sliced ingredients till you get the consistancy you want.

that's it. theres a reason it's called "whatever you like, grilled"

if you must have a super autism recipe try cooking with dogs,

Wtf is this? Do you made fucking pancakes? Use goddamn noodles like the original ones in japan

>ingredient measurements

Nigga it's a fritter.
You toss shredded veggies in batter and fry them in a pan, you don't need a recipe for that.

Its basically like a pancake right? Except full of other goodies.

Serious eats did a thing on it, looks incredibly delicious. Haven't made it yet but definitely interested.

There is a resterraunt that servers exclusively okonomiyaki in my region. Is it worth a visit?

I prefer the Korean seafood pancake, or kimchi pancake.

Fuck now I'm craving that.

if I go to an asian market will they be able to tell my interest in asian women and culture and make fun of me?