Does Veeky Forums like buubble tea?

Does Veeky Forums like buubble tea?

Yeah, shit's delicious.
Alas the quality varies a lot from place to place.

Only when it is 2001.

You need to leave your thumb alone man.

only when it's done right. I've had shitty bubble tea before where the tea is watery and the bubbles are too hard and it's so disappointing.

what the hell is bubble tea anyway
is it like an ice cuappachino?
what are the bubbles? they look like chocolate or some shit

milk tea with powder flavours and tapioca balls

It's ok
I'll get it if there's a place within walking distance
But I never go somewhere specifically to get some

>ice cuappachino
git cultured

this

are you trying to make me puke?

sage'd, fuck yourself

my fav is thai tea

What type of tea is used to make Thai tea? Is it just a strongly brewed black tea?

Man, if Thai bubble tea existed when I was growing up it would have been my favorite thing in the entire world.

its also got some star anise, cardamom and cloves i think

Milk tea taro with tapioca pearls is heaven. Tastes kinda like cheesecake.
Too bad all bubble tea shops closed in Bremen, Germany, so I'll probably never have it again.

you can't announce sage unless you want a ban

>Does Veeky Forums like buubble tea?
Yup! But, not all of them.
I don't like the thai tea from a mix, but I do love the ones that have jasmine tea, mango, lychee, longan, honeydew, coconut, or coffee. Frozen slushy is fine too.

i travel a bunch, so I've had it from jugs behind a counter inside of a korean grocery, to the thai place to whatever. Favorite boba tea I found recently is in New Haven CT part of a chain called "Vivi", all the automation is there: the machine that shakes the hot tea while it is steeping (they make their tea fresh!), before straining, blenders, all the way down to the machine that the employee puts your tea on, which seals the plastic top on the cup. Fun!

>what are the bubbles?
they look like licorice gummis, kind of a clear black color, and they chew like gummi bears or jelly beans, but they have a subtle flavor, kind of like brown sugar or jasmine tea, both are part of a sugar solution they are soaked up after making. They are reconstituted like little tapioca balls (you know, like for tapioca pudding). Starch plus water, and they're pretty much chewy gelatin. It's kind of the kids who put gummi bears on their ice cream sundae...yea it makes them hard to chew...or the people who candy in their theatre popcorn....but it's like an extra snack 2 for 1.

Other than the iced tea with milk thing, or iced coffee with milk thing, most bubble teas are smoothies or iced beverages which feature tropical fruit juice. I believe it started in a shopping mall in either singapore or taiwan, where afternoon school kids hung out til picked by their parents. Tea in the afternoon is popular pick me up, and well, the weather is hot.

Only ever had bubble tea once, maybe about 15 years ago. It was ok, nothing special, just like every other specialty drink in existence.

wtf is wrong with your thumb? Is that some kind of fungus?

Had almond flavored bubble tea, and didn't know you where supposed to chew the pearls, so I has a stomach full of milky tea, and tapioca pearls. It was also the night I got drunk for the first time in my life, so it did not set well, and I have since loathed bubble tea.

>implying Veeky Forums mods give a shit
I'm sage'ing right now :^)

I prefer lychee jelly

I have tried bubble milk tea and bubble tea but overall I find bubble milk tea easier. You can blow into tea forever but it won't stay.

I used to drink it regularly, but now that I'm not a teenager anymore I find it sort of disgusting, on par with a Starbucks Frappucino.

Definitely do not get the milk tea. It contains no milk, it instead contains CoffeeMate.

If I want liquid sugar a milkshake is of much higher calibre. I could drink a milkshake literally every day.

fuckin love that shit dude, ive got a really good shop near me
>freshly brewed tea
>homemade fruit syrups
>freshly made tapioca balls
>friendly staff
>real chunks of fruit in the fruit tea
fuckin amazing dudes. my favourite flavour always has been and always will be black strawberry tea

So basically iced masala?

I hate bubble tea. My friend made me try it out two weeks ago, after he nearly had a heart attack when he found out I'd never tried it. Now, I've never liked jelly-like substances but I went in not knowing what to expect from tapioca pearls. The first time I heard of tapioca pearls was reading the menu in that store. I got a small mint chocolate bubble tea for almost $6.00 (this is Canada). Then I took my first sip and a bunch of disgusting, chewy, jelly balls filled my mouth. All that time my friend was eagerly staring at me to see my reaction, and I took a long sip trying to say in the nicest way possible "it's shit." I eventually settled on "the coffee's good, but I didn't expect the chewy balls." Of course, he had to retort by saying I didn't get a real tea flavor (I asked the guy for recommendations) and to get matcha tea next time. Then he went around and told everyone I hated bubble tea and all Asian culture.

>bubble TEA
>is it like a cappuccino

I thought this was your diseased forearm for a second

Yeah fuck those balls, it's so shit who wants chewy shit in their drinks?

A lot of people.

This never happened

Inferior to non-bubble tea.

My favorite tea is the Turkish Tea.

It's Ceylon tea, brewed very strong, with condensed milk added. Sometimes coconut milk is used too. Like said it often contains star anise.

>but I didn't expect the chewy balls

How is that even possible? You didn't see them sitting there in the bottom of your cup? You didn't see all the photos in the shop and think: gee, what are those little round things in all the pictures? You didn't see them behind the counter as the drinks were being made for other customers?

thai tea has much more flavor

Not to ducking mention it's called Bubble Tea /:

Your friend is a 2nd generation Asian, isn't he? Actual Asians appreciate it if you like their food and culture, but they won't get uppity about it if you don't. It's only the ABC/CBC's that give a shit.

I had iced coffee milk tea with bubbles once. Shit was heavenly.

If you live in NYC take the 7 train to the 42nd street/Lowery St. stop out in Sunnyside, Queens. There is a bubble tea shop on the corner which is worth the hourlong ride from Manhattan. Good service too.