Meat Shopping

Where do you get your meat? Walmart stuff is terrible. Chicken, beef, pork, what is your favorite place to buy from?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Side_Market
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I like fairway

Local butcher, but their hours suck. If not there, Fairway.

i get beef anywhere that doesn't mechanically tenderize it because canadian beef is top tier

pork and chicken and other i get it either direct from the farmer or from the co-op because i like it humanely raised on pasture

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Side_Market
here, but basically only for novelty because I'll buy meat once a month

Kroger

Find a local butcher
Otherwise I'd make buddys with a local restaurant owner and just ask them to order you a lil' extra from the wholesalers they buy from.

Anyone buy meat from an asian mart before?

I'm planning on getting pork bones for broth and stuff but they have some weird shit and I don't know what's good

I get meat from Hmart regularly sukiyaki and shabu shabu. It's good, and sliced correctly (which is hard to find).

Local butcher or the local mexican market

Typically I'll buy subprimals and butcher myself, its far cheaper and I use the trimmings for soups stocks, and if I got real quality stuff, I'll render the fat.

typically whole tenderloin or whole top sirloin. Picanha, the sirloin cap is on par with filets tenderness but its got a ring of fat on it and its basically a cheap ticket to heaven

Its rare that I'll do the whole rib roast b/c these with the bones are pricey.

the rest are cheap and dirty cuts like brisket or flank.
and skirt when its on sale.

whole Top sirloin is a steal though most places and you can carve it into steaks roasts and picanha

The rounds are rarely worth it. and the burgerfiends priced shortrib out
and just never been a fan of bottom sirloin.

I just had sukiyaki and it was goat omg.

what cut is it, It looked like topsirloin.

>Typically I'll buy subprimals and butcher myself
good for you! that's smart.

I will get stuff from work, mostly. Yes, I'm a thief.
We get top notch product. Mostly local, grain finished beef, and great pork and chicken product as well.
My defense is that I do a lot of research for recipes and whatnot at home off the clock and I never eat my obligatory employee meal.
When I am paying for proteins, I go to Fred Meyer. I think it's Kroger in other USA states, though I'm sure it's regional.
There are 2 locations in my town, but the one I shop at has a great selection of Choice and Prime cuts.
I wait for something to go on sale and buy a family pack. Most recent was tri-tip at $4.99/lb.
They stock Prime rib-eye, tenderloin, and NY strip in their case, but that's special occasion purchase for me.
I've heard good things about Costco primals, but lack the membership and vehicle to partake/test it out.

For a meat buyer who is confused by the grades of meat, just remember to always "select" "choice".
To further the understanding, "choose" is not a grade of meat.
Also, in case grading wasn't difficult enough, Certified Angus stamp means that it is always "Choice" or above (above being "Prime").

Mexican supermarkets and Sprouts.

Regular supermarkets are usually a ripoff.

We have a nice town market from Monday to Saturday here in town, besides eggs and veggies I'm getting most of my meat from there, too.

Aside from that sometimes at Real, a larger shop chain here. They got some good prices on beef and lamb once in a while

do you wink and nudge him with your elbow when you say "lil extra" to him?

>putting raw meat on a WOODEN cutting board

and then sprinkling parsley on it

>wut

I get my meat here

www.thebeefshed.com.au

It's the best meat I've had and they'll slice anything the way you want it free of charge including dicing it up nice and small for beef jerky

Gotten meat from Mitsuwa. It's pretty damn good but pricy.

Why is his meat so pricey? How hot is he and can you give me his number? Is his unit shaved completely? I only enjoy shaved pieces.

Local independent butcher who cuts my porterhouse and scotch fillets on demand and trims the fat without being asked to. Prices are comparable with supermarkets but much, MUCH tastier and tenderer and he assures me that his cows eat grass and not gmo grains.

I used to think I was a hopeless cook because my steaks always turned tough as leather but then I discovered this butcher. Meat was the problem, not me.

I live in a small town in cornfield, USA. The place that has the best meat closest to me is an IGA store. They sell center loin chops, about 22-26 chops per pkg for around $20-$25. The sell freshly ground beef for about $2.20 per pound in 10lb. pkgs. And they sell 10lb. whole NY strips for $40-$50 and 5lb whole beef tenderloin for $40. High quality meat, in bulk for cheap, I love em.

Randall's. Who else /rancher'sreserve/ here?

Lokal butcher. Or supermarket, if I want to buy Ostrich

>Meat was the problem, not me.

I've seen that kind a thing happen often. Noob cook goes to try a steak. He's afraid of fucking something up since it's his first time, so he buys a cheap piece of meat figuring "well, if I fuck this up then at least I wouldn't have wasted a lot of money". Alas, little does he know that he already fucked up before the meat even hits the pan.

Good post

The local hispanic grocery. My dad usually gets all of his meat for BBQ competitions there, and I just started buying all the meat I cook from there since it's so much cheaper.

Canadian here. Usually Costco (for sirloin/strip loin), local butchers (for cheap but tasty cuts like flat iron and flank and somewhat nicer cuts when I'm feeling fancy), or grocery store when they have a good sale on.