Pet Peeves

>roommate uses different measuring cups for plain water
>tosses them all into the dirty sink afterwards

Do people like torturing themselves with more dishes? Even with milk, I'll just rinse it out and dry it.

What autistic pet peeves do you have in the Kitchen, Veeky Forums ?

I spin pans in my hand and constantly rinse my hands.

Thats not really a pet peeve, but I can go by complete guess that you like Sonic games

Up down left right A B A B A+START

I get triggered when people put knives into cutting blocks with the blade facing down. Do they want blunted knives?
Every time I call someone nout they say 'oh user I sharpen them regularly. No, if I can firmly grip the blade end it's never been sharpened wanker.
My mother in law is so bad, her shitty wooden knife block has cuts that her knives now rest in from years of this shit. They all look like icing spatulas at this point.

Maybe you should get out of peoples business senpai.

>people come into kitchen
>start removing lids to smell
>starts randomly stirring my food
>more than once ive caught people adding salt/pepper into whatever im making

Is this a normal thing people do? Or is my dorm retarded?

>giving opinion
>threads purpose is to vent random annoyances

k

Maybe you should fellate a cactus kohai.

If you dull blades by placing knives linearly in a cutting block, your knives are shit. You dull blades by scraping them laterally along a cutting board, or with garbage blades where the rockwell hardness is so low they peen over at the slightest hint of pressure. Learn more about metallurgy.

You mad?

No just lonely.

Huh?

"Welcome to Veeky Forums: Come for the food, Stay for the 'spergs arguing on threads."

its what fuckwits do

>4 years ago
>cooking for parents
>me and gf make amazing salmon and rice dish
>mother does not like salmon, opts for chicken instead
>no worries, it will just take a bit longer cause oven
>cook salmon and rice in 15 minutes
>chicken nearly done, needs another 10
>mother gets impatient, takes out of oven and RINSES off everything
>proceeds to cook in pan herself
>complains chicken is now dry
>rest of us thoroughly enjoys our meal

fuck off, ungrateful bitch

>how to spot a bad cook

Actually you can firmly grip any blade without issue. When you start moving your hand up and down the blade is when you have problems.

>make meal for friend/guests
>they instantly reach for ketchup/steak sauce/etc. before even tasting it

I just think its rude to add condiments/seasoning BEFORE even seeing whay it tastes like. I have no problem if people take a bite and decide they want something added, but I worked hard so fucking taste it at its base, please.

>wife eats cereal
>leaves bowl of unfinished milk in sink

We live in the south and it gets fucking hot. I've come home a few times to rotting milk.

She'll also get a glass of water, drink 3/4 of it, and leave the glass.

JUST FUCKING DUMP IT OUT IT TAKES LITERALLY NO EFFORT

That's classic psycho-sexual signs of lack of satisfaction in the bedroom. It's the passive aggressive equivalent of saying "fine!".

I eat steak with steak sauce no matter what it taste like so fuck your etiquette

The sad part is it was him who left the bowl.

:(

Good thing I rock that pussy tho

>not taking that first bite of nothing but hot, juicey, peppery, cooked animal flesh

wow 2016 is looking pretty bleak

I'm so sorry you're used to eating shit steaks user. I hope you taste a proper steak one day and kick your sauce habit.

>Toast crumbs all over the butter