Because to lose weight, my doc said I should go on a salad diet...

because to lose weight, my doc said I should go on a salad diet... so gonna try just eating salads for a while Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26632754
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24557522
youtube.com/watch?v=cUW_bXll6YM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

just smoke pot and quit eating

Stop
Enough stupid meme diets
Count calories, get yourself under 1500 a day and work out.

>work out

work.... out?
I leave the house to go to work everyday, no problem.

I'm not sure your doctor was talking about bacon cheeseburger salads

keto is the best way to lose weight

I bet your fat jiggled while you chuckled to yourself about that one.

typically exercise people do has little effect on weight loss but yeah find your BMR and eat 500kcal less than it and once you've lost 5 pounds recalculate it.

go to Veeky Forums
read the sticky
get a food scale
download myfitnesspal

don't "go on a diet", change your diet

>typically exercise people do has little effect on weight loss
Fuck you, you semantic loving fuck. Being in shape for your weight is more important than a goal weight for all but the most obese motherfuckers.

Do not use cream based dressing. Stick to vinaigrettes, or some kind of juice dressing like fresh squeezed lime or lemon.

"in shape for your weight" means nothing. If you're 5'8" and 200lbs, you're overweight.

Measure your bodyfat, and shut the fuck up.

Yes and no - weight lifting, for example, will not burn that many calories but can raise metabolism. Likewise burning 1000 cals a day biking will likely put you at a caloric deficit.

I've been doing keto since March and lost close to 40 lbs so yeah

>weight lifting, for example, will not burn that many calories but can raise metabolism
this statement literally means nothing

Why do I only ever see obese people defending keto and lecturing me on nutrition? I've been lean all my life and I eat carbs like a motherfucker. You are obese and can't put down the bacon because you are a fat motherfucker looking for a heart attack. And that's fine

keto IS useful for obese people, not as much for normal-sized people

it can drop insulin resistance which in turn increases satiety and eliminates cravings for people who were retarded enough to abuse their body for years

High-fat diets like keto cause diabetes, fatty. Whatever improvement in insulin sensitivity is seen is due to weight loss, not stuffing your face with bacon and eggs. Fat people science is a fucking joke, quit inventing conspiracy theories to justify eating meat and butter all day you obese hamplanet

Increasing your muscle mass increases the amount of calories you burn at rest.

Actually best advice. And you don't actually have to "work" out. Go for a quick run, about a mile or two and then walk for another mile. Guaranteed to lose weight within a month.

a. i just said that it's not useful for nonfats. b. incorrect. high-fat diets treat diabetes, and that information has been supported by literature over the past decade.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26632754

If you're gonna get all gross, might as well just actually go the gym. You'll lose weight much faster.

that effect is negligible if you're dropping in weight, considering your bmr is mainly calculated based on total mass. if you're doing a recomp, sure

meant to link ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24557522 as a systematic review, but yeah, that too

Fitness is a much more important factor for health than weight or even body fat percentage. Diet is more important for weight loss but if you want to be healthy you really need both, even aside from preference for a toned appearance.

shame it makes your BO and breath fucking unbearably bad

"Eat salad" is a really shitty advice desu.

You need to eat well AND exercise. Why do people Veeky Forums think you can do it by just eating salads?

Does Veeky Forums hate working out that much?

two things that can't be done together

This, most doctors have zero nutritional knowledge.

Exercise doesn't mean shit when talking about weight loss you sutpid fuck.

Veeky Forums would be the first to say to forget about cardio when youre a fat fuck

some strains do suppress appetite.

By and far the best way you're going to lose weight is by controlling your caloric intake, there's only so many calories you can effectively burn

Dummy, do this instead.

I have and have lost 4 pant sizes since January and I eat well and rarely feel hungry.

you still burn plenty of calories repairing you muscles after an intense weight lifting session

>Increasing your calorie deficit and metabolism at the same time
>Doesn't mean shit when talking about weight loss
???

>not using the glycemic index pyramid instead

Meh. A run through the woods with my dog is fun. The gym is a chore. If I had weights and other equipment at my house it might be different. . .

Most doctors have given up after fatties keep coming back saying "X diet just doesn't work for me.". After you watch enough people continue to stuff their faces even though it's killing them you die a little inside and just tell them whatever because it's not like they're going to listen anyhow.

>two miles is "exercise"
jesus who are you people. I walk that much just going to work, getting lunch near the office, and then going home from work, and that's a "sedentary" day

fucking americans I swear to god

If and when I ever make an honest attempt to lose weight, I won't be lifting shit. I'm just gonna eat as much fish, beans, fruit and vegetables as I can afford, do my best to make those things palatable, and maybe get a stationary bike and watch tv on it. I hate going outside and I really REALLY hate exercising, I would just eat baby carrots and egg whites if it came down to it. Right now I'm not trying, at all.

>fat free dairy

Do NOT drink skim milk! Never ever. It's disgusting and processed as hell. If you want fat free dairy drink kefir or filmjolk with some vanilla extract or fruit. If you are cooking with milk, use whole milk.

>he doesn't know the munchies are anything more than a meme
I bet you think weed causes psychedelic level hallucinations as well.

Better than the shit my doctor recommended, which is like a fucking corn tortilla, a banana, and some soup every goddamn day

>complains about americans being fat
>posts picture of nonamerican fatties

You're not so good at reading are you?

how is it processed as hell? Disgusting, yes. Processed as hell, no.

Very possible. Just spend all your money on weed and have none left over for food. That's what ,y dumbass did when I first moved out. Looked like a Jew at auschwitz

please go to Veeky Forums, it is a detriment to ask for health advice here

How do you eat 40-60% of your calories in that bottom tier though? Vegetables don't tend to have that many calories.

SALAD NIGHT
youtube.com/watch?v=cUW_bXll6YM

Calories aren't half as important as nutrition. Focus on getting as much nutrition as you can, and the calories will matter less and less.

i don't know how to exercise and every guide i look up has different information from the last

Calories determine your size
Exercise determines your shape

>Calories aren't half as important as nutrition

For weight loss, which is what OP asked about, calories are the ONLY important factor. Even eating nothing but straight-up junk food will result in weight loss, if you keep a caloric deficit. Google "Twinkie Professor" for an excellent example.

If you're talking health in general rather than just weight loss then other things become more important.

So just pick something and do it. Some may be better than others, but ANY exercise is better than sitting on your ass being unable to make up your mind.