Pretty much only have rice, eggs and spring onions at home. Any ideas to spice this up a bit?

Pretty much only have rice, eggs and spring onions at home. Any ideas to spice this up a bit?

hot sauce

Semen

Hot sauce or soy sauce you fucking retard.

yeah I got soy sauce too obv and some sesame oil

Buy some furikake.

furikake or salt.

rice vinegar!

man I tried some of that recently
that shit tastes like fish food
wouldn't be surprised if it actually was fish food

bowl of rice
1 spoon soy sauce
1 spoon sesame oil
top it with sunny side up

mix it well

sesame oil
sesame seeds
soy sauce
fish sauce
hot sauce
vinegar
nori or other seaweed
spices ( coriander leaf, cayenne pepper, other)

beef

honestly if you eat a lot of rice you should invest in some seaweed/sesame seed seasoning for it

very worth it

I made this once but it was too slimy and the heat discrepancy was gross.

I have those exact ones

I found those fairly bland. I managed to use the entire container up in like three meals, just to get the rice to taste like anything.

steamed bok choy with garlic

Get flavours that aren't fish based.

Fry it in oyster sauce or yakisoba sauce..

TKG you pleb

Rice croquettes?

Make fried rice

fish

>mix rice, spring onions and ketchup if you have any
>put it in an omelette
>comfy omurice

In my experience, tamago kake gohan is really photogenic but has shit texture and kind of boring flavour. Get some actual ingredients and make a donburi.

Question: Are you adding some salt to your rice/water before cooking?

It makes a world of difference when it comes to the plain flavor and the flavor with stuffs on it.

Try adding some dashi stock, OP. It adds a nice well rounded flavor.

Also: use tamari soy sauce specifically, not that nasty watered down chinese stuff. It makes a difference.

Add equal parts egg and water to a bowl. Throw in some chopped green onions and bit of soy/sesame oil, or just salt. Seam the bowl in a pot filled with a little bit of water until it sets to a tofu like consistency and enjoy it with some plain rice. Alternatively, you can cover it up and throw it in the microwave for like 4 minutes if you're lazy

CHILLY
H
I
L
L
Y

Have you tried spice?

Always looks good till they ruin it with fucking ketchup

Nothing wrong with ketchup on an omurice

ketchup on most things is gross, eggs especially

It's perfectly delicious in an omurice

If you have a hamburger patty in the icebox, why not dig it out and cook it? Served between two rice patties and dressed up with a little cock sauce, it's a real store cupboard treat that doesn't trouble the pocketbook.

>it's a real store cupboard treat that doesn't trouble the pocketbook.

What a strange thing to say.

Cabbage and hot sauce.

It will be sort of similar to kimchi fried rice which is a great dish.

oh and btw, poach the egg with a runny yolk and add it on top of your dish ad mix it in.

mmmmmmmmm!

The trick with throwing raw egg on rice is not using an egg right out of the fridge. Let it sit for 10 minutes so it isn't ice cold, then your food will actually be warm or even hot

there is no need to refrigerate eggs

depends on where you live man, in some places you shouldn't even be trying to eat them raw at all

AMERICAN EGGS FUCK YEAH

It's really just necessary with US supermarket eggs due to the cleaning process that kills the outer layer of the shell.
If you live in the US and want some eggs that are like the rest of the world's, do some research and find someone local who owns chickens and sells the eggs, a true farm fresh egg straight from the coop has a texture that Walmart eggs can't even touch

Soy sauce, and you're good to go.

Also the yolk of a duck egg is like a steak compared to the average chicken egg. They make the best soft-boiled eggs, poached is great too, anything that keeps that yolk in the liquid/gel area

This sentence troubled my pocketbooks

蔥蛋 配 白飯
搞惦

how are your jimmies?

throwing a raw egg on some rice is a thing?

somehow, yes

is it safe in flyover land?

It's safe wherever, no matter what you use the statistics are in your favor.

>beef
And gravy

Yogurt with hot sauce goes in basically any of my riced based dishes

Furikake or soy sauce.

Agreed. Use a lot. I noticed another person said that Furikake is bland, you just have to dump that shit in.

This. I use a ton if Furikake because I cook bland as fuck rice. When I make onigiri I use salted rice so I don't waste all of it quite as bad. Salt and carbs always and forever. I'll die eating salty carbs.

Scrambled eggs with ketchup is god tier comfort food.

> Scrambled eggs with ketchup is god tier comfort food.

you seem to have mis-spelled "toasted sesame oil and cock sauce"

that's very good too indeed (I actually prefer it)

Avocade, Nato, kimchi, Japanese pepper. We do the raw egg/rice thing, too.

Oh ya, little fishies. Or even a pickled plum.

You might not know this, but the rice they put in omurice is mixed with ketchup too.

This. But also add some of the green onion. If you have some mushrooms lying around, those are also a great addition. I also like to add black pepper. You don't want to make this TOO complicated, as it really works as just a simple dish, but you can stand to add a couple extras. It helps if you use good rice. Super bland rice is not something I'd wish on anybody.

This is fine. The ketchup works as part of the sauce. Topping it with ketchup is overkill. Especially in the amounts you see in those photos.