Most stupid thing you've heard someone say about food; the thread

Most stupid thing you've heard someone say about food; the thread

I'll start
>if you eat hot food and then eat something cold straight after you'll get food poisoning

>I don't add salt to when I cook because the food already has salt in it.

>if you cook your food, it wins

>Homemade is better.
This is the worst thing anyone can say about food.

that makes perfect sense for some foods. You wouldn't add salt to parmiggiano-reggiano, would you? What about bacon? Miso? Or bacalao? Some foods are already salty.

But if they said it about all foods? Yeah, that's dumb as hell.

I add salt to my salt nigger
what? Say something!

t. fat slob

Eating oranges etc, for the c-vitamins will help you getting rid of the flu.

There have actually been multiple scientific studies that have proven that vitamin C does shorten the length and severity of the common cold and flu.

And no, I'm not going to quote a source. You can spend the 3 seconds it will take to google.

Eating cold pork will make you sick

>I thought you pepper boiling water for the flavour

Sure thing, and you can find the opposite if you want to. But really, eating a couple of oranges or some garlic? Hardly.

Don't eat that. It'll spoil your dinner.

Huh?

Isn't that part of Chinese medicine? You need to consume warm beverages with warm food and vice versa or it'll throw off your qi or whatever

Just reminded me of a time when I plated up a couple of cold slices of supreme pizza from the fridge and started eating, and my brother and mom both told me that you should never eat cold meat, even if it's been cooked. When I told them it was nonsense, it made my brother so angry that he tried grabbing my plate from the table I was sitting at, and I put my shoulder in the way so he couldn't get it. Then my Mom demanded I give him the plate so he could hand it over to her. Of course I relented.

I hate people who think they have to save you from yourself.

Your family sound like neanderthals.

That's putting it nicely.

>Pork IS, poultry, that's why I'm using poultry gravy mix with the pork roast.

>vegetable soup is always vegetarian even when there's chicken in it

>chinese take-out is authentic chinese food since chinese people cooked it

Not him but for some people, especially those who are not so experienced in a wide array of cooking, Homemade is not always better

or if your mom can't cook like mine and adds a bag of Borden 4 cheese Mexican to every fucking dish

>food can only taste good if it's authentic

"does it contain nasty chemicals?"