Soylent

Is soylent more than a meme? I'm curious.

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/07/soylent-ceo-charged-over-illegal-shipping-container-his-neighbors-hate/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

John gave it a good review!

Meme.

Its rehashed coma patient food which has been out for decades if not centuries.

Its slightly repurposed rebranded slim fast and all the other diet replacment shakes that were a fad in the 80's and 90's

Your body does better on whole food than on isolated supplements and processed foods.

And it just plain tastes nasty and is expensive for what it is. Its marketing and overpricing to jew you out of money.

I believe viral marketing took place on this website and throughout the whole web when the soylent meme first came out.

it's just condensed calories in a bottle

all it needs is more flavor and fiber

The CEO of Soylent is crazy as fuck.

I'm just gonna copypaste what someone said about him on another site.

"The CEO of soylent is clinically nuts. One time he tried to live some time without shitting, so he just killed his gut bacteria with antibiotics and slurped his slush as the sole mean on sustenance. He also thinks he’s living “green” with minimal carbon footprint. All the while he’s riding uber (because cycling makes him sweat, and showers aren’t green), orders his clothes from china, doesn’t do laundry (he donates his dirty clothes) and eats at restaurants."

what's wrong with eaating at restaurants?

I think it's more his hypocrisy and apparent laziness.

He's also crazy rich.

If I had fuck you money, I'd live a hedonistic wasteful lifestyle as well.

It's not as bad tasting as it was, it's still not good, it tastes like raw pancake batter, with a slightly more watery texture. but not horrible I guess.
as for the actual reason it exists, like said it's basically bare minimum daily nutrient intake, you could in theory live off of it, but by week 2 or 3 of eating nothing but it, you'd want to kill yourself because of how bland it really is.

Plus it's WAY too expensive for what it is, definitely not worth a buy, but they hand out bottles like candy to anyone with a youtube channel or twitter following, you could probably get a free bottle that way.

Sounds like someone's been watching Vice tv. Please stop, it's garbage.

That's the thing, it's not hedonistic at all. He wears cheap shitty jumpsuits. He uses a solar panel to run his underpowered computer. He is a classic nutjob.

>Hypocrisy

What the fuck? How is that hypocrisy, its not like you're legally bound to eat nothing but soylent

Is this your first day on Veeky Forums? We unironically believe that expiration dates on milk should be illegal because what if I buy the milk and it doesn't instantly go bad at midnight, I'd have to see the date and it would be WRONG. Also if you think that maybe it's a good idea to eat a balanced diet UR A VEGAN EXTREMIST

There is simply no way anyone could buy a product, support a point of view, or read some printed words without going off the deep end in some extremist overreaction for or against

I hope you enjoy your stay here

SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE

Is peepl

Beat me to it

This is soylent white

Its made of only white people, the green comes from evil energy in other races

Its also fair trade

I like it a lot. I drink it for breakfast and lunch, it's low maintenance for work. Then I eat a steak or whatever for dinner

I just ordered a month supply of Joylent (EU version). The plan is to replace about 80% of meals with it.

As already said.
- no fibre

Missing lots of useful phytochemicals from plants to be ideal.

arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/07/soylent-ceo-charged-over-illegal-shipping-container-his-neighbors-hate/

There's 28g per 2000kcal.

Oh shit I'm wrong then. Thought it had none for some reason.

I think it tastes like soy milk and almond milk put together, with a slight vanilla aftertaste.

It's mostly a Silicon Valley meme.

I'd rather have something to chew on, like mealsquares.

Throw some vanilla and cinnamon in it and it's a decent drink for when you aren't in the mood for food, but don't want to be hungry.

That's exactly what its great for, quick breakfast, meal without cooking or any sort of prep

Twennybars also look cool, Joylent's solid form

When I worked part time at McD I drank it on my lunch breaks so I didn't have to order McGarbage and got more time to myself, instead of spending my entire break waiting for my order when they slowed down without a cook

This. Never trust Silicon Valley food fads.

Silicon Valley is notorious for people over there overdosing on Carrot Juice and turning orange, I kid you not.

And let us not forget Steve Jobs and his All Fruit Diet.