How do you get used to drinking whiskey and alcohol in general Veeky Forums?

How do you get used to drinking whiskey and alcohol in general Veeky Forums?

pic related i what I'm drinking, tastes ok but I have to take it slow for I feel bad.

then drink slow
only teenagers chug spirits, beer on the other hand is fair game

It takes me about 10 hours of beer drinking to get off balance though. Just sip it and be happy that shit over 15% alc is sold in your town because nobody in mine has a liquor license.

>tfw the taste of beer makes me wince
>Can drink straight whiskey like it's soda
All beer tastes like shitty water to me and can't stand it
>Yes, even your shitty craft beers

Retarded nu males obsessed with trump and being alpha are slowly poisoning their livers by drinking "liquid for true non degenerate men"

Joined a fraternity in college and got swept up in the binge drinking culture desu.

what does trump have to do with whiskey

Just have a shorty enough life where you condition yourself to ignore any aversion to ethanol quickly because the escapist reward is better than being sober.

Shitty*

just start doing it compulsively

Drink the absolute shittiest bottom shelf vodka. After that nothing burns quite as badly. Feel free to enjoy.

If I don't like something that I'm doing I'll stop doing it. Hope this helps.

>red liquor
>feel bad
think I found the problem

Beer and wine are fairly easy, just don't buy double IPAs, malt liquor, or Cavit whites if you want smoothness.

Once you hit 40% ABV, you should start getting your liquor on the rocks or with a mixer, like soda or a juice. Some are easier to drink neat than others, like Canadian Club, but unless you want to do long, painful work and build up tolerance to a throat-burning bottom shelf liquor, just use ice and/or ginger ale.

Or you could be like me and dad buys a nice fifth of single meme scotch as a highschool graduation present. We drank the bottle in one night.

The next day was not fun but ever since then I've just loved alcohol of all sorts. I wish I could sample every brand in existence.

?

Tried multiple times to get into drinking scotch and bourbon like my dad, never liked it.

Don't enjoy wine at all.

But man I love a good, cold dark beer.

I've never had whiskey before, what does it taste like?

>How do you get used to drinking whiskey and alcohol in general Veeky Forums?

By depression, self loathing and hating your life.....

I've been focing down a bottle of whiskey a night for 5 years

Make friends with people who do the binge drinking.

like whiskey. try it.

Wood-flavored vodka, it is good though. The best entry-level stuff (good in general, not just good for the price) is Maker's Mark and Wild Turkey 101 if you're going to try it. Also JD is a meme, avoid that shit like the plague unless you like drinking sour gasoline.

that is the worst cheapest scotch there is.

try old grandad with one 'cube

>Also JD is a meme, avoid that shit like the plague unless you like drinking sour gasoline.
Couldn't have said it better.

>£295

Whiskey is shit tier.

It all taste just horrible.

Why haven't they made a pill that gets you drunk yet.

Alcolzamapan

First, you're a pussy.

Second, your alcohol is probably cheap shit that no one likes to drink.

Third, scotch is for sipping, unless you're going to war or trying to forget your dead family.

it's called xanax

get gud

Get a nice aged red rum. Tastes like smoked honey. I could drink rum by the gallons if it wouldn't kill me.

Got any suggestions?

Just do it. Eventually it gets easier. I can drink 151 water, though i wouldnt recommend it.

maybe you should go vodka.
i sont like whiskey much, the only time i do is when its around and people shove me into doing it, however when i -do- want to get drunk fast, vodka goes down quick, has less after taste, and doesnt give me disgusting burps, i drink finlandia.

What happened to the al/ck/ threads on here? Not seen one for a while, did they start getting deleted?

>did they start getting deleted?
I hope not, I found those threads very interesting. Especially being a hypochondriac alcohol the medical stories were so much more real than those on webmd.

Bulleit is good too. Jim Beam is ok for the price. There are lots of great whiskies that aren't big name brands though.

Agree with JD being a meme. Overpriced and overrated.

I endorse this post.

So I bought a bottle of Bulleit for a friend's birthday last week but I unfortunately couldn't make it at the last moment. It's still in my house, nearby, still wrapped. What do I do? I can hardly resist the urge to unwrap it.

Drop off the Bulleit at his house and say happy birthday, then have a few drinks with him. Best of both worlds.

Sounds like a plan, looks like I might still make it tonight.

thanks user

Np man. Enjoy!

get older and lonelier. the despair makes you more thirsty.

just got out of police cell having been caught again for drink driving. last time was 8yrs ago. i crashed, had a passenger, no injuries. breath alcohol was astronomical at 106.
chances of my serving a custodial sentence in the uk? i hear i could be looking at 6 months.

retard

sadist

What is that? Port, sherry?

Kek, or live with someone you can't stand.

Particularly if that someone is yourself

desu sadness helps, it gets you where you're going. Otherwise drink higher end stuff. The best I've had that's not too expensive is Monkey Shoulder but I haven't tried that many different types. It's smoother than some of the other stuff I've tried. Old Overholt is also good for the price.

>costco no longer carries lagavulin

start with cocktails.

Diesel is pretty smooth and goes down nicely.

I drank a Four Loko green apple earlier, didn't taste like shit surprisingly. OP, make some white russians or drink jack & coke. Seems like you're too much of a faggot for beer so stick to drinks that mask the taste of alcohol.

Also, don't let any fags tell you drinking girly drinks is gay, the only gay thing is the price. Enjoy the taste and pay up, or cheapen out and expect to taste shit. I go for the latter but then I just care for getting fucked up.

I drank two four loko golds in an hour. I underestimated how alcoholic they were.

I also underestimated how sugary they were. I wanted to die.

Seems retarded but hold it in your mouth without swallowing for maybe 60s. It'll burn in your mouth but not your throat.

>sugary drinks

smirnoff ice and mike's hard lemonade are the biggest offenders. yeah, they basically taste like soda but they have so much sugar that you feel like shit before even getting buzzed.

>buying our exported shit rye

Our best blends never cross the border

I wonder who use alcohol as selfmedication, or just for taste and pleasure

stop drinking blends, get a speyside or maybe highland single malt aged 12+ years.

>liquor on the rocks or with a mixer

get the fuck out, if you put anything in a single malt you are retarded. Rye is shit

Just drink vodka rocks. It's simple and clean.

The nose is rich and oaked. There are notes of chewy resinous wood with a well-balanced acidity. Fudge and Madeira with apple crumble with calvados. The palate is full and rich with winter spice; cinnamon and cloves, thick oak with developing aridity. The finish is long and dry with a peppery note.

I know this is out of context, but I won't start a thread for it.

Could I make a Chimayó (Tequila, Lemon Juice, Creme de Cassis) with Vodka or White Rum, and obviously will it still be good?

I have no idea what you're talking about but if the recipe is tequila, you should use tequila, vodka and rum can't replace tequila in a mix.

Hmm, I already bought White Rum and Vodka for a party and planned to make Chimayo. I guess i'll do something else, but i'll still try it for fun, and maybe serve some

Also are thread like these good for this kind of topic ? Or should I start one ?

East coast here and that shit is the best. Almost killed myself with it once but it was worth it. I was drinking it like juice that night.

>nu male upset he is made fun of for using his gfs daughter's dildo on himself so he resorts to using reverse psychology, calling regular males nu males
just an autist really upset to the point that he isnt making any sense

Fuck yes

whiskey sours, or just basic cocktails in general, not even hard to make

Is Monkey Shoulder any good?

YES!

It's my personal favorite for the price. Don't let anyone give you it's a blend or you buy it for the bottle. Its certainly drinkable straight. There's a reason it always goes down the fastest.

I also like leffe blonde. I know it's inbev same company as budwiser. But it is consistent and never dissapoints.

>get the fuck out, if you put anything in a single malt you are retarded.
A little bit of water is fine, though.

>Also JD is a meme, avoid that shit like the plague unless you like drinking sour gasoline.

This is very true. If it was £12 a bottle like Jim Beam it would be fine, but at £25 a go not a fucking chance.

Makers Mark is very nice, as is Buffalo Trace.

They'be been selling AP over the border as Whistlepig for years ya hoser.

They also export their Dark Horse as Alberta Rye Whisky Dark Batch.