Salad Thread

Anyone have good salad recipes?

I tried this tabbouleh salad tonight:
thugkitchen.com/chickpea_tabbouleh

Tasted pretty bland.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kVlaouEZtpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Last weekend did a greek salad (with scallops and pasta) that came out okay, but I went overboard on the dressing.

Seems like a reasonable salad but would need more than 1/2 tsp of salt to taste good for me.

I like this recipe in spring and summer. Fresh oregano and good wine vinegar make it.

Rice, Bean, Corn & Oregano Salad

Dressing

2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano or 1 tablespoon dried
salt & pepper to taste

Salad
1 cup long-grain rice
1-1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (shaved from 2 ears) or canned
1 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed & drained
1 15-oz. can garbanzo beans (chick peas), rinsed & drained
2 cups grape tomatoes or halved cherry tomatoes
3 green onions, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped

Cook rice, transfer rice to strainer, rinse with water to cool, drain and set aside.

Whisk vinegar, garlic, oil, and oregano in large bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add cooled rice, corn, black beans, garbanzo beans, green onions, bell pepper and oregano. Toss to combine. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes to blend flavors. Season salad again with salt and pepper to taste, if desired. Cover and refrigerate.

>Seems like a reasonable salad but would need more than 1/2 tsp of salt to taste good for me.
Yeah it for sure needed more.. something.

Also I think I didn't chop the mint fine enough. It called for chopped mint, but I think minced would be better. Like some bites got a huge amount of mint, then others not enough.

>I like this recipe in spring and summer. Fresh oregano and good wine vinegar make it.
>Rice, Bean, Corn & Oregano Salad
This looks good! Thanks.

I like Gordon Ramsay's piccalili salad recipe. I personally find the beef is unnecessary in it as the cauliflower is the main star of the salad.

>Gordon Ramsay's piccalili salad recipe
Can't seem to find that one via Google, what's the recipe?

>made some greek salad

No you didn't

anyways :

cut some tomatoes, mozzarella, get some whole basil leaves, lots of olive oil, some balsamic vinegar, sea salt, pepper, you're done.

Bad picture. It had feta cheese, olives, tomato, etc. Maybe that isn't a greek salad technically, but, it seemed to be pretty consistent with what I've had in the past.

What amounts of each?

I especially never know how much salt and pepper to add.

500g new potatoes
1 small cauliflower, cut into florets
1 carrot, peeled and grated
1 small shallot, peeled and finely sliced
3 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
Pinch of ground turmeric
1-2tsp English mustard powder, to taste
1tbsp wholegrain mustard
1-2tsp honey, to taste
3tbsp white wine vinegar
100ml olive oil

Boil the new potatoes in salted water for about 15 minutes until tender and cooked through. Blanch the cauliflower and green beans by dropping them into boiling salted water for 2 minutes until their rawness has been removed but they are still crunchy. Refresh immediately in cold water.

Mix together the carrot, shallot, spring onions and turmeric and add the potatoes, cauliflower and green beans. to make the dressing, stir the mustard powder into the wholegrain mustard, making sure there are no lumps. Add the honey and vinegar, mix well, then slowly pour in the oil, stirring as you do so to thicken. Dress the salad and season with salt and pepper to taste.

Its a Caprese salad you moron. Its not even a real salad. Just cheese and tomato.

Greek salad: some thick cut tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, olives and a slice of feta cheese topped with some dried oregano, lots of olive oil and some lemon juice. NOTHING MORE. (i get it, they use lettuce in cyprus, fuck cyprus, do it the right way)

anyways, a ball of mozzarella and 2 tomatoes would do well for you, and some basil leaves.. never ask people how much salt and pepper to add, come on, sort it out on your own.

Sounds interesting, thank you.

>Greek salad: some thick cut tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, olives and a slice of feta cheese topped with some dried oregano, lots of olive oil and some lemon juice. NOTHING MORE. (i get it, they use lettuce in cyprus, fuck cyprus, do it the right way)
Oh I never knew that greek salads didn't have lettuce. I'll try it without next time.

oh and some red onions

>a ball of mozzarella and 2 tomatoes would do well for you, and some basil leave
Too many calories. I'm trying to watch my figure.

youtube.com/watch?v=kVlaouEZtpg

just cut the carbs, no need to cut on your salads.

www .bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/collection/chicken-salad

>just cut the carbs

Thanks, yeah, I mean everything is okay in moderation provided I keep my calories in check. Been eating 1800-1900 per day, but once I add in stuff like cheese that goes really really fast. Special occasions would be fine. I really like caprese salads, it's a good recommendation.

There is some truth to it. I'm not doing ketosis but does seem like protein and fat keep me fuller longer while watching my intake. Carbs give me energy but then I'm hungry again shortly.

Will take a look, thank you. Yeah I love having some protein in them so it fills me up more. Side salads I generally don't, but, for lunch or something chicken is best.

Looks like somebody already have eaten it.

mummy pre-chews my food for me.

Had a super basic salad the other night - nothing really special to it, but it's tasty

-Cos lettuce
-Roma tomato
-Cucumber
-Capsicum
-Red onion
-Capers
-Thinly sliced raddish
-Sliced boiled egg

quick is good, a lot of salad recipes take too long for a weeknight.

what salad greens do you guys rec? i like the rough/dino/tuscan kale (not curly) because it has its own taste and texture, but it's a bitch to clean sometimes

I'm a newb, wasn't sure how to prepare kale. Does it need to be prepped somehow? Someone told me it had to be massaged in olive oil or something.

I normally like hearts of romain, for a bit more crunch. I also like spinach.

i just mean cutting it from the stem/small shreds (i roll leaves to cut), and additional washing/massaging to soften it

spinach is nice, very versatile + good with berries

Octopus marinated in red wine with red peppers and olives on top of a spring mix tossed in mint vin is 10/10

Spinach, smoked duck, sliced shallots, Apple slices, and pecans tossed in hot Dijon vin is also 10/10

requesting some orzo recipes

Watermelon
Rocket
Feta
1 tblspoon of honey
2 tblspoons of olive oil

Tomatos
Oregano
Olive oil
Water

Baby spinach
White onion
Strawberries
Goat cheese

Favorite salad ever

>Tomatos
ok
>Oregano
ok
>Olive oil
ok
>Water
wat

Huh?

generally people don't pour water in their salad bowl

Bump for salads :3

ummmmm ya they do

So much yum

Steak salad

I like salad so much, I even eat salad sammiches.

What is going on here?

Looks very tasty, although I like my steak leaner (less taste but I can't chew the white fat globs)

toasterovenlove com/mango-sriracha-potato-veggie-bowls/

Thanks