Financing a car

>financing a car

Other urls found in this thread:

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nationalism
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>buying a depreciating asset

>financing a house

What's your other option? public transportation that gives no zero return? Idiot.

>what is bicycles
>what is bipedal perambulation

Consider the following:
I buy Cars as a consumable good, not an investment instrument.
Bicycles depreciate too you silly poorfag.

In 10 years, cars will be an income generating asset you cunt.

>He doesn't uber everywhere

It's like you want to be poor or something

As opposed to what? Bitcoin? -80% in 1 month
Nice, congrats on this

>not understanding the time value of money
If you're paying more than 9% interest and you can't into crypto and are stuck with stocks, pay cash. If it's less than 9% you get more value from financing and investing the difference in upfront cost.

Crypto gains make paying a big wad of cash upfront even more ridiculous

>not buying trx to use to fund obike

How about buying a car you can afford

>pissing away 10-20k so you own your car and not investing it in crypto and buying a new car with a 2.5% interest rate and a warranty

He's too much of a brainlet to understand that concept

You can rent cars long-term, it works out cheaper than buying brand new

Very reasonable idea user. People on this board seem to think your options are lambo or bike.

DUDE fucking brand new 60k truck and 800k mortgage lmao

bought monero at $3 and i drive a used honda civic baybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

>not borrowing money cheaper than governments have been able to historically to buy a 7 year old used toyota for under 10k and investing the money to earn more than 3% annually

looks like a good quality of life to me. you must live in an apartment and ride the bus.

they all have trucks. imagine moving into that one vacant house and meeting the other men on the street. it would be like high school all over again. normies are truly sick

What's up with normies and trucks?

Is it an ego thing?

2.5 percent interest for me. Pretty sure I can beat that with any index fund. Learn to leverage

It's a way to prove you have a big dick without wiping it out but of course more often than not they are actually compensating for the fact they have a small to average penis size.

As a person with a legitimately small dick this is a dumb meme. We don't want to show off, we want to be as hidden as possible.

THEY ALL HAVE SOME MCTRUCK PARKED IN FRONT OF THEIR MCMANSION PROBABLY BOTH OWNED BY THE BANK LMAO

Only if its a Tesla

or they're fat that hides their average size and makes it look small.

Why not lease it?
Or get git Veeky Forums by riding the bike

Pay out the ass to ride in the backseat like a child with teenager behind the wheel.
Sure, that's totally making it and not showing how badly coordinated your niggroid nervous system must be.

Total honest truth here

I have a above average size dick (7"+) with a nice girth that almost everyone who sees it comments on.

Im totally satisfied with the size of my dick but Id love to own a big truck and prefer big cars to little shitty ones.

This small dick thing is a meme

That is probably because you don't live in a overcrowded ratfarm like NY or London

I mean just imagine being the one guy on that street and all your neighbors drive trucks and you're driving a corolla. how big does your dick have to be for you to not cave and buy an f-150?

With this in mind. Meta is just to do annual/bi-annual leasing. Always have a fresh ride, and you can keep your wads in crypto.

>buy a piece of shit
>breaks down
>miss work
>take uber rides for a few days
>then rent a car
>get shitty car back
>whoops another problem

Why do stupid people have such a huge problem with intertemporal spending? Its like the trade deficit in that people see deficit and think its a bad thing.

No I dont but id love to live in NYC, or at least own an apartment there.

or you can just buy a super reliable used jap car for 4k max

Im leasing a car, it's fucking awesome. Driving this thing into the ground with no fucks given. Every day I come home with the smell of burning oil and rubber

This, jap import car owners have monster dicks

I think most people complain about this kind of stuff because they simply cant comprehend the size of numbers an actual country deals with.

Its like that brexit thing when everyone was freaking out that we spent £12bn a year on the EU. Nobody stopped to think that £12bn is fuck all when you bring in trillions not to mention money given back to the country in infastructure by the EU.

The even more funny thing is it was the cucks in poor areas that led the brexit campaign and ultimately won the vote to leave. The very same areas that benefitted most from EU funding which put money back into the poor areas neglected by UK parliament. You can literally drive round all the new stuff in these towns and see the 'funded by The EU' signs

Dont you have to pay a surplus for damage and miles driven over the agreed amount?

>brexit is bad

>brexit is good.

>nationalism is good

By the time negotiations are finished we will still pretty much be in the EU just without any of the benefits

>Nationalism is bad
Found the swedeposter
اترك هذا المكان، حامل الرابط

>Leasing everything you own

>protectionism
>tariffs
>quotas
>subsidies

It's like you've never even read something as basic and fundamental as Wealth of Nations. I have a hard time understanding the significant portion of posters here who support cryptocurrency but oppose trade liberalization.

>dude schengen

>implying the uk was in schengen.

You gotta try harder my dude.

1% here for me on my loan..

canada is fucked up right now..so easy to get money rn

>merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nationalism
A (You) T I S M

>Brexit
>Not protectionist

>w-we weren't going to introduce it to you t-too

>we
>implying I'm a europoor

none of that has anything to do with a trade deficit.

>a marxist in europe isn't a marxist elsewhere

is it cheaper in the long run to lease or download a car?

I know I used it as an example that people freak out of numbers because they cant understand or comprehend them

>marxist
>implying I'm not a neoliberal.

>he has to leave his house

And it's the best country in south america.

>south america
>good

>chile
>not good.

My credit is so good I pay 0% interest

>he assumes everyone has the EXACT same political stance on an anonymous anime forum

They are libertarian up to their fence

Novated lease

>going into debt
do people really fall for this meme still?

>all debt is bad
>he doesn't make the minimum payment on his low interest mortgage and instead invest the rest of the cash into something that earns more than your mortgage interest rate therefore making more money

Stay poor, brainlet. I have 0% interest on my auto loan and It let me put much more money into crypto earlier this year because I had cash on hand

No one is giving you 0%. They are making so much mark up on the car that they can pretend like they are giving you 0%. kek, you brainlets are whats wrong with the world.

>Only way to do it is to find out the true cost of the car after hold back.
>negotiate close to it.
>"Hey, if you drop the price by 5K more I'll finance through you at 10% instead of my credit union".
>Truth is you where approved for 3% at the credit union but you want to inflate the number to make them think they can make a killing on the spread between what they are borrowing for and your 10%.
>You can even make fake paperwork from the bank saying you've been approved at whatever bullshit high rate.
>Buy the car for close to cost.
>Pay the entire thing off three months later or refinance through you credit union.
>Three months is optional but it will allow the salesman to keep his commission if you care about that.

>I negotiating strategy is employ is to have my cousin at another dealership work up one of those four square pricing papers things.
>He writes bullshit numbers close to cost because remember your only barging power with a dealer is the price you can buy it else where for.

I know the game, I paid just 500 dollars over dealer invoice price, 25k when msrp was 28800. I negotiated hard. That boy was running back and forth to his "manager" 6 or 7 times, he left me there for 40 minutes each time to tire me out

i wont be leaving the house once im rich lol, taking an uber once a month will be so much cheaper than actually owning a cuckmobile its not even funny

>not buying a relatives well kept car from him at a generously discounted price that you can afford because you've been modestly saving since your first job at 13

how is it that hard

He was responding to someone saying you shouldn’t buy cars though

They’re really useful, you can just fill the whole back up with wood or a fridge to take to the scrapyard or something. If you’re just using it for commuting to your wage slave labor and not utilizing the bed it’s just to feel cool.

>He writes bullshit numbers close to cost because remember your only barging power with a dealer is the price you can buy it else where for.
Or you can just walk away like a normal person.
It's amazing what kind of deals you can get just by not being obsessive. Just find a car on the lot too long give them an offer, when you get laughed off wait a bit for the email. probably get a decent deal most the time. I remember buying a truck and getting them to rewrite the paperwork like 3 times cause I said I wouldn't pay over $10k and they just kept thinking this price excluded "fees" or taxes lmao. But I would have legit just left and went without. Thats what normies don't understand, dont FOMO in on the car, its just a car, but if you can get the dealer FOMOing in even better.

Why do manlets always say this? I'm 6'4" a truck is the most comfortable thing I can drive. Plus I am a man so I do a lot a work at my rental and commercial properties so having a truck pays off. Maybe if you are 5'2" female office worker who only drives to walmart for tampons a civic is the better choice.

I'm a truck guy, but I dont understand this either. Why not buy like a Ranger or F150 base model and then just a normal sedan? why fuck around with a $60,000 truck to beat the ever living shit out of it. Of course they are all always clean and undamaged suggesting they dont actually use the fucking truck. You can tell by the 0 scratches in the unsprayed bed.

Your right about FOMO, but your very unlikely to get the absolutely best price just walking in and playing hard ball. A dealer will not simply make the deal if it's not in there favor. That's why you have to make them think they won on the interest and pull it out from under them later.

Because no truck is actually 60K, most truck buyers are just stupid. A FULLY loaded ram 1500 sport is 44k Canadian and probably much less American. However, I have friends that have paid 70K for it. Also since people think these trucks are 70K you can make almost all your money back when you sell it later on.

For example I bought a slightly used 2014 ram for 30K drove it for 2 years and 50K km them sold it for 35k.

My car is a tool. I couldn't get to work without it and it improves my life during non work hours.
I don't see it as an asset, it costs money to run and maintain but it is nesscesary

>but your very unlikely to get the absolutely best price just walking in and playing hard ball
I almost never get a deal the day I walk into the dealership. A lot of the time I just give a card and say I'll keep shopping then.
> A dealer will not simply make the deal if it's not in there favor
*their. But any deal is in their favour they make commssion. I always look to see how long a car has been on a lot too it helps. Once they get desperate to move it you seem promising, then when they start licking their chops and printing up papers they can start to feel the FOMO.
>A FULLY loaded ram 1500 sport is 44k Canadian
Still fucking stupid. it's a truck, just buy a second car. And plenty of trucks can legitimately run higher. Some can hold their value though, Rangers are the GOAT at that for now at least.

>I always look to see how long a car has been on a lot too it helps. Once they get desperate to move it you seem promising, then when they start licking their chops and printing up papers they can start to feel the FOMO.

This. I forgot to mention this. I look on there website ( Sometimes you have to inspect element to see the vehicle ajax ) and find cars that have been on the lot 90+ days.

>Still fucking stupid. it's a truck, just buy a second car. And plenty of trucks can legitimately run higher. Some can hold their value though, Rangers are the GOAT at that for now at least.

If you can sell it for pretty much the same price after two years it shouldn't make any difference unless you need the capital. I'm decently well off too so it doesn't really matter to much to me to spend but I like to keep costs under 2-3k year. Plus in Canada you can depreciate luxury vehicles (30k+) without recapture.

People do this, it's just not the retarded majority. A smart person wouldn't go buy a new F150 to ruin it hauling shit around. They'd buy a 1996 Silverado on its 3rd rebuild engine with a giant hole in it's side for $1500, do their work and replace it every few years or so.

UNDERRATED

Or just buy a barebones mid/late 00s ranger and use it for like 20 years and a billion km
>if you can sell it for pretty much the same price after two years it shouldn't make any difference unless you need the capital.
Kinda sucks to beat the shit out of your day to day car. Why get Chrome rims if they are gonna be coated in Mud all day? etc. Not to mention Id feel a bit weird grabbing my mallet to knock out another dent in the wheelwell.

Yeah.. If its electric and AI operated.

kekked. Still better than cabs though.

not all of us have relatives with nice cars, you fucking entitled twat.

Meh, I truck to me is work horse no matter to price. Obviously I'm not going to dent it all up but its going to get driven hard. But, I definitely do have a collection of old truck parked around at my business for when I know there is going to be some damage done.

kill yourself boomercuck

>implying

im 20 years old from just a normal working class family. how fucked are you poor cunts?

LOL...investing nothing in crypto...99.89% of crypto will be worth nothing in 10 years...at least a car can take you to work. Also...HURRDURR DEY DUM...dey no buys assets I own...