What should I do when I fail at a recipe?

What should I do when I fail at a recipe?

The food is sometimes edible, but hardly enjoyable. Sometimes I worry if going to do more to me than give me an unpleasant taste. It's not often a lot of money is spent on a failed dish, but sometimes it is and the day feels ruined.

stop it with the modifications/substitutions and actually follow the recipe for a change

endeavor to become good

But I'm too good of a cook to be bound by the restrictions of a recipe, that's for novice cooks who don't even know how to improvise and cook on the fly. Honestly if you are too inexperienced I recommend you watch more Chef Steps and maybe try something simple like hard boiled eggs. When you get better you can try a more complex recipe like marinara sauce (it's SO much better than jarred, you will not want to go back)

Anyway good thought but I'm looking for next level advice. Anyone else?

I know it's bait but no you're not a good cook that's why you fail at shit

Go back to your joey threads, adults are talking

>dont' substitute shit
>joey threads
uwotm8
you may be a grown up but you're no adult fucko

Fix it. You just have to be experienced enough to know how to make it tolerable.

Find a better source for recipes.

Don't cook meme shit that requires a crockpot.

>I've never made marinara from scratch but I know an adult when I see one
Looks like you're making another mistake, user

You should quit while you're ahead. I have a 143 IQ, you are not going to win this game

Slow cookers are 'meme' now?

Jesus, Veeky Forums, you get worse by the fucking hour.

you're talking to an actual chef fucko, marinara is fuck easy and if you think it's complex then you're a goddamned idiot who probably still needs his mommy to wipe his ass

also inb4
>having someone to wipe your ass is sooo luxurious

slowcookers have always been shit

>slowcookers have always been shit

I know you don't use them at Denny's where you work, but there's plenty of great uses for them.

no, they're shit, I don't care what it is, nothing need to be boiled to death for eight fucking hours

>I have a 143 IQ, you are not going to win this game

Like I'm going to take advice from some drunk working at the Olive Garden for fifteen bucks an hour

I'm literally going into my second year in engineering this fall and I can cook circles around you because cooking is literally applied science (science being that subject you didn't pay attention to in high school)

Here's a tip: get a real job

This is easily in the top 5 worst opinions I've ever seen on ck

protip: it is a real job and when you're actually good at it, you make a shitton of money, though most idiots blow it all on either drugs or muh owner status

you must have only been here long enough to see five opinions then

Why are all engineering majors this obnoxious

>I'm literally going into my second year in engineering

Uh so? Anyone and their mother can take engineering classes if they want. You're not a scientist, nor are you even an engineer, but you want to pretend you're somehow above people with actual experience and skills?

Source - I'm an engineer with a finished masters, and 12 fucking years in industry. Little shits like you flush out all the time.

Nice try dummy, but your slow-cooking aversion has rendereded your Veeky Forums license inert, leave please

nice try telling me nice try. slow cookers are shit and you can't prove otherwise. source, only people who can't cook use them

Nice try speedy cookzalaz, but it takes a real man to wait a third of a day to enjoy some sweet, tender fall-apart-at-the-barest-breath pork chops

nice try lazy mcfuctard, but a real man cooks his food not puts it on the heat then forgets about it. this is Veeky Forums the cooking board, not /rp/ the ron popile set it and forget it board

>mcfuctard

You win, I'm not willing to sink that low, but you're still wrong.

>I have a 143 IQ, you are not going to win this game

STANDARD Veeky Forums BONEHEAD REPLY FORM:
(check all boxes that apply)

Dear:

[ ] Clueless Person
[x] Troll
[ ] Right-winger
[ ] Spammer
[ ] Newfriend
[ ] Moron
[ ] Fundamentalist
[ ] Racist
[ ] Homophobe
[ ] Viral Marketer
[x] Basic Nuisance

You Are Being Flamed Because:
[ ] You posted what should have been tweeted
[ ] You are trying to make money
[ ] You self-rightously impose your religious beliefs on others
[ ] You quoted an ENTIRE post in your reply
[ ] You started a long, stupid thread
[x] You posted low-IQ flamebait
[x] You posted a blatently obvious troll
[ ] You followed up to a blatently obvious troll
[ ] You have no cognitive thinking skills
[x] You are incapable of participating in intelligent debate
[ ] You make no sense
[ ] You didn't do anything specific, but appear to be so generally worthless that you are
being flamed anyway

To Repent, You Must:

[ ] Refrain from posting until you have a vague idea what you're doing
[x] Bust up your modem with a hammer and eat it
[ ] Tell your Mommy to up your medication
[ ] Jump into a bathtub while holding your monitor
[ ] Actually post something relevant
[ ] Be Donald Trump's love slave
[x] Be Hillary Clinton's love slave
[ ] Be moot's love slave
[x] Attend an AA meeting

In Closing, I'd Like to Say:

[ ] Get a clue
[ ] Get a life
[x] Go away
[x] Age 10 years before you post again
[ ] Read 10 books before you post again
[ ] Never post again
[ ] I pity your dog
[x] Take your gibberish somewhere else
[ ] Learn how to post or get off the board
[ ] All of the above

They are perfect for rendering suet and certain foods need to be slow cooked like baked beans for example. You can do it in other ways but you have to babysit it and maybe you want to do other things during this time

now listen here fucker, if you're gonna cook then fucking cook, don't do other shit

couldn't find the qtddtot so I'll ask here.
I soaked my dried chickpeas for a curry today and threw them in my curry sauce without boiling them first. Have I ruined it or can u cook them in the sauce?

No, slow cookers are not shit. I said don't cook meme shit in them.

Pretty much if the recipe came in .gif form and requires a slowcooker it is shitty meme-food that can be prepared much better.

That doesn't make sense to me. Do you stare at your baked potato while it is in the oven? idk man you sound kinda angry about people being efficient

>add salt until it tastes good
>do better next time