bitcoin.org/en/download
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=34028.0
web.archive.org/web/20100703032414/http://freebitcoins.appspot.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>satoshi nakamoto

>e-cash
good one, gramps

I know I love the e-cash thing

How much could you mine on an average gaming computer before ASICs were a thing?

>I mined about 200btc with a pentium 4 pc in a couple of days.

don't remind me

I heard about it but I thought it was useless
'why would anyone pay for internet money?', I even had people try to buy videogame items from me for btc

bcash bcash bcash bcash bcash bcash bcash

>tfw I saw this the day it came out thanks to /g/
>someone on /g/ told me mining would destroy my gpu

Not like the guy was wrong, so whatever

did it actually damage gpus? I can't imagine it doing that unless you had poor cooling

no thanks. looks like a botnet

and this is why coin that came out after the period in which bitcoin hit about $30 is worthless; they're all controlled by chinese speculators who mined the fuck out of them to the point where serious players will never take them seriously.

No more than intense gaming. With an average gaming rig you could have made about 300 BTC a day mining with minimal electricity costs.

I remember that. I configured the mining software on my laptop and then deleted it soon after. I wanted to believe the world was ready for something like Bitcoin...but I didn't. I really didn't think it was worth the effort.

>spend time and energy grinding away for banana stickers, user!
>in only 10 years they will be worth something!

Running your GPU at high load for very long amounts of time will damage and degrade the GPU. I was already having problems with my GPU back then so I didn't need to make it worse.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

i tried to make a wallet at the time bitcoin came out
made it but didn't know how to mine
gave it a shot but gave up after some time
that's not the part i regret, the biggest regret i have was telling my best friend "look, btc is now $12, i remember when it was couple of cents, we should buy that shit". we were highschool studnts and had basically no cash so we didn't buy it. couple of years later i told him "look btc is $120 now, we can still buy it", to what he replied with "why should we buy half a bitcoin each, it makes no sense"
how dumb were we

the good thing is, even if we had bought it at 120, we would have sold at like 500, that would be really depressing

>BTC mining in 2009 was worth more than finding a literal pile of gold

>will damage and degrade the GPU
explain why or else this is meaningless

it was worth nothing at the time, that's why only a handful of people did it

you fucking wot m8? a bitcoin is a bitcoin, regardless of whoever mined it.

Fuck me. At that time I was running Prime95 for free on my computer day and night to find the next prime number and win the cash prize. Of course I had no chance. I didn't hear about Bitcoin until the 2013 crash and I thought it was well deserved.

you're lying. it was announced in a newsgroup and may have got to Veeky Forums, but there was no GPU miner for years. CPU only, people were mining with extra netbooks mostly

You couldn't mine on GPUs till years later

Running it at high temps to game and then letting it cool down over and over is worse

Literal retard.

>using my 700$ gpu to mine 15 cent digital trustlets
no thanks, what am I gonna do? order pizzas with them? hahaha

Lying fake faggot

"its never going to drop below 10k again"

>basically my face when Andreas Antonopolous calls Satoshi “she”

Speaking of mining... does anyone know how I can fix pic related? Wallet.dat isn't in my folders, so I figure I encrypted it.
Thanks in advance

Anyone else read this post in Craig Wright's voice?

take a pic of your phone showing that picture

when I first found out about bitcoin you could mine it with a laptop, I used some data I found online to calculate I could earn about $1
I obviously decided not to mine it

>the day it came out
Probably not true, the first mention of btc in /g/ was in 2010 according to the archive

>runaway exception
They are exit scamming get out

I can't remember when I learned about bitcoin, I know it was before the first GPU miner came out. I remember downloading the first release of a GPU miner and mining 40 btc on my 5870 in like two days. I then came to the conclusion it was really dumb and forgot about my wallet until bitcoin was $80 a coin. At that point I cashed out everything and bought a new gaming PC.

Because promising crypto is against the rules, if anyone legit helps me get into this wallet. I'll sell all the bch for btc, of btc for bch based on whoever helps me open it

get the newest reference client
bitcoin.org/en/download

backup your old wallet

try launching the new client with the following parameters one at a time, either using the command prompt or with a shortcut:
-upgradewallet
-salvagewallet
-usehd=0

Check the file permissions of your wallet file and make sure they are all correct (right click, properties)

Worst case scenario:
use pywallet.py to extract the keys from the wallet file, and import them into the newest client and create a new one.
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=34028.0

btc
14xL4MGbsa4mUF5Frm65N7S1M3YV5DzzPj
bch
148ddSBg1WC6rJUNyVAq4Dcm2Zhj7cieKa

Bitcoin is ticking time bomb. Some people speculate that it's actually developed by a US gov't agency. So if they were to dump all of "Satoshi's" bitcoins once bitcoin gets too popular...

I can remember talking to a guy on halo 3 who told me he was making something like $10,000 a week mining bitcoin. He had to been like 14 and looking back he was very obviously exaggerating or just straight up lying.

did satoshi just airdrop the first bitcoins?
I'm confused, how did people start mining bitcoin first when there were no transactions to confirm? Who was giving money to who to begin with?

>tfw he was from the future and even if it was 1 btc a week he would be telling the truth

damn

Screenshot and saved.. trying it now. Thanks for the advice user

Mining a block is solving a computation, even if its empty a block can still be mined and they get the block reward, transaction fees are rewards on top of the regular block reward.

how fucking new are u this is not some faggot ran eth program

lol brainlet

there was a genesis block and then the newer coins were mined

I think I might have in 2009 and 2010, but not for long. I know I played with it when it came out, but don't remember much more than that. Doesn't matter anyway, that computer and hard drive are gone.

Feels fucking terrible man. I have a wallet.dat from 2011 with fucking nothing in it. If I bought or used a faucet I would be filthy rich.

>bit-coin
go fuck yaself satoshi

do you think faucets work through time?
web.archive.org/web/20100703032414/http://freebitcoins.appspot.com/

exactly.
most ppl wouldn't have the mental fortitude to actually have iron hands.
Unless they were smart and understood what's habbening

what is your bet? best coins? btc eoy?

nice user

Nice lindendollars brah. I hope you spend those BTC on some nice SL hookers.

Ask Stefan Molyneux

I was making one bitcoin every two weeks mining on a budget $200 GPU in late 2012.

Hardly ever sold. The altcoin hype is just butthurt late adopters.

Yeah, pretty much this. I heard about bitcoin in 2009, but I just didn't think that it would ever be taken seriously. Especially since early on people were saying that it WOULD be worth serious money some day, but they just sounded like raving lunatics with delusions of grandeur. Oh fuck, my life!

it's fine for the gpu itself but not the board in general

>2009

if only i could do it all over again

get the bitcoins, get the girl

I did but I sold the 1000 I had for peanuts.

YOU COULD HAVE SAVED THE 2010s !!! FROM THIS SHIT ERA THAT SUCKS ASS

is this fucking real?

couldnt remember the name of the xchange i first bot on. virwox. thanks for that.

looks like you bought drugs with all your btc though.

I monitored it but everyone called it autism coins back then and it seemed kinda far fetched.