You know this kills cryptocurrency right? 5 years earlier than predicted:

You know this kills cryptocurrency right? 5 years earlier than predicted:

>Quantum computers are coming and encryption - including the kind used to underpin cryptocurrencies - is in trouble, researchers say.

>That's according to researchers at the National University of Singapore and colleagues who have estimated how soon the computers might be able to break bitcoin's security. Based on the most aggressive estimates for the advancement of quantum computation, private keys might be cracked as early as 2027, their paper says.

SELL NOW BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE

Other urls found in this thread:

barrons.com/articles/microsoft-we-have-the-qubits-you-want-1519434417
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>2027
>sell now

Quantum computers are a meme.

good thing LINK is not currency

so

sell all or go all in LINK

does this mean i can have quantum hentai

Quantum resistant ledger

Except that Quantum computers will have a very hard time breaking the SHA256 encoding of public keys.

when that Google security guy revealed the major problem with Intel and AMD and ARM chips I thought that was going to be the end of cryptodoodly because it sounded like it is possible there are hacks for all of these systems but then people say it was "patched" when the guy who discovered it seemed to imply there was no effective way of patching it, anyway who knows

comfy with NEO

QRL
is your new token QRL compliant?
get shilling

No.

First, quantum-proof encryption is a thing.
Second, even if it's not, losing your crypto will be the least of your problems if we lose encryption completly. So no reason not to keep going.

This is complete hype bullshit. I worked in this field and knew people working on the Majorana fermions team in Leo Kouwenhoven's lab. It is absolutely insane, they are burning PhD student after PhD student chasing after a white whale.

Quantum computing is not happening, at least not like this.

barrons.com/articles/microsoft-we-have-the-qubits-you-want-1519434417
>McKinsey
This is the mark of a physicist-turned bullshitter. Don't believe anything she says.

Kouwenhoven is just making his last gasp effort at snatching a Nobel prize, having already missed out on it with his quantum point contact stuff from before. *yawn*

Also XSH
Not quantum resistant yet but it's one of the main priorities in the roadmap and one of its main shilling points

Quantum computing is a no coiners dream

do you not realize that the same encryption technology that underpins crypto currency is the basis of literally all known advanced security protocols?
a crypto-currency market worth a measly couple of trillion dollars will be like chump-change compared to the value of the other systems you could break.
essentially this technology would literally break the modern world as we know it, which is also why the same people are developing quantum exception techniques. not quantum resistant or quantum proof, but encryption that can only be done by quantum computers and can't be broken by quantum computers.
there are videos on youtube explaining the whole thing in simple terms and this was one of the first topics I looked into when I got into crypto-currency this past october. now fuck off with your shitty, stale-ass, brainlet FUD

Yeah but quantum encryption requires you to have qubit transportation channels (everyone needs a $300k dilution refrigerator in their home with high quality fiber optic connection) so fuck that shit.

Classical quantum resistant is the way to go if this ever becomes a concern.

>Quantum computers are a meme.

so is cryptocurrency

this is what I was thinking, you could easily ruin an entire country financially with that kind of power, not to mention the kind of information you could gain

crypto would be like a small fish

here's an easy solution:

SHA256 to SHAXXXX or SHAXXXXX or SHAXXXXXX or SHAXXXXXXX or SHAXXXXXXXX etc.

the password length has to keep up with the computing power, that's all

quantum doesn't affect hash algorithms, retard.

people are only worried about cryptographic signature schemes (ECDSA is based on discrete log which quantum can break).

I can think of one quantum resistant crypto.
IOTA YOU DUMB MOTHERFUCKERS

you are correct; it affects how many

nigger please, i will sell on december 31, 2026

crypto devs still have a long time to update their protocols to quantum resistant.

You realize quantum decryption also means quantum encryption to defend against it, right?

Retard detected.

when op is a 12 yo and thinks this is new news and hasnt been taken care of

exactly. you can break ANY encryption in existence. Imagine having the capability to hack the finances of entire governments or entire markets as a whole. Imagine being able to hack every 3 letter agency of any country you wish.
>oh wait, let me just go try and pull out a bunch of volatile "digital money" one wallet at a time with the biggest wallet holding under 100 billion dollars, and in the process crashing the market and devaluing the asset I'm trying to profit from. that's sure to be the best use of my time.
although I can see an user of the Veeky Forums mindset doing it "for the luls" in which case I would actually applaud them despite the decimation of my assets

what is cloud computing,
what is renting the few nanoseconds needed to generate new quantum encryption data and keys from a large firm that has the funds to run a quantum computer,
also, what about the exponential technological increase that is moore's law. a couple decades ago computers cost a few hundred million and required vast resources and space, now look. quantum computation goes the same way