Fear Factor

Veeky Forums Whats the nastiest thing you've had to eat at a friends house?

For me it was a (Im assuming, because they served this for breakfast) a reheated domino's pizza with over mashed pinto beans, doritos, chorizo, scrabbled egg, katchup, and sort of cheap canned chilaquiles sauce. Apparently my friends brother who cooked it planned on going to train to be a chef.

Raw chicken, with actual blood. And cous cous.

undercooked frozen fish sticks and undercooked frozen french fries
>one bite is lukewarm fishy mush
>next bite is lukewarm potato mush

Mr Scalfani?

I got drunk one night and tried making fried rice by just dumping an egg into some brown rice I just cooked and adding soy sauce. It was pretty bad.

This has nothing to do with the topic, but yeah I've done the same fucking thing

>Veeky Forums Whats the nastiest thing you've had to eat at a friends house?

"Meat loaf"
Friend's mom took 30% fat ground beef and a can of green beans. Dumped it into a loaf pan and baked it. No seasoning. Didn't drain the beans.

When I was a kid, I spent a nice dinner with a Chinese friend's family -- they served this sort of savory clear gelatin dish with the rest of the meal (each person with their own bowl). I found it totally repulsive then, but I feel like I'd enjoy it now. Anyone know what it could be? I assume it is some mid-China regional dish (possibly Taiwanese?).

I used to go to my friend's house for dinner, and his mom was the worst cook in the world. She didn't believe in spices, so all meat was cooked in only olive oil. We're not talking fine meat, either... think the frozen meat from Kroger. This was served with canned vegetables and rice that had been cooked in too little water, so it was a bit crunchy, and bland as no salt was used.

My friend would come over to my house and talk about what an amazing cook my mother was. She is a great cook, but as a kid, she would make us stuff like sloppy joes. This was a culinary sensation to him.

The macaroni was soggy, the peas all mushed, and the chicken tasted like wood

White flyover here, one time I went to a coastie home and they had FISH WITH BONES IN IT, I felt like I was in an Indiana Jones film

I have been seeing a psychiatrist for PTSD ever since

this is a satire post, right?

Imagine watching somebody cover vanilla ice cream with ketchup, and then eating it.

Sounds similar to aspic.

Sure. But that's not a Chinese dish.

I understand about the food,
Baby Bubba, but we still friends.

Slept over at a Swedish friend's house in elementary school, dinner was macaroni shells with ketchup and milk.

Is this a normal thing in Sweden? Or were my friend's parents just shitty?

>Is this a normal thing in Sweden?
Hell no.

>Or were my friend's parents just shitty?
That.

It might have been Liangfen. It's a gelatin-like noodle made from mungbean or other type of pea/bean. Or Rangpi, which is a similar thing but made from wheat or rice.

my grandma is pretty oldskool but her cooking is usually pretty comfy

but there's one casserole that she makes for vegetarians that consists of over cooked broccoli, concentrated cream of broccoli soup, and saltines

it's horrible

A frozen hamburger patty swimming in a greasy red tomato sauce with overcooked rice.

Never ate there again

i've only ever been served really good home cooking as a guest so i guess i'll have to go with domino's pizza. makes my stomach feel like crap.