I recently moved to Wisconsin. This is what a menu at a local Italian place looks like:

I recently moved to Wisconsin. This is what a menu at a local Italian place looks like:

>Penne with scallops and sauteed portobella mushrooms COVERED IN A 3 CHEESE BLEND

>Chicken and spaghetti in a white wine alfredo sauce COVERED WITH A 5 CHEESE BLEND and baked with an herb crust

>Penne marinara with italian sausages BAKED WITH ITALIAN CHEESES

>Penne, PARMESAN, FETA, ASIAGO, MOZZARELLA, PROVOLONE, AND CHEDDAR with mushrooms and spinach with shallots and covered in a truffle herb crust

Of ~25 pasta dishes only 2 do not have cheese in them. Don't get me wrong, I like cheese, but this is a ridiculous way to treat Italian food

And no I'm not memeing about them putting cheddar in there but I guess it is supposed to be "truffle mac n cheese"

Other urls found in this thread:

benvenutos.com/images/menu/DinnerFB.pdf
npr.org/sections/thesalt/2013/05/11/180570160/tiny-mites-spark-big-battle-over-imports-of-french-cheese
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You should see their "Mongolian" food, it's just bins of random meats, ketchup, soy sauce, onions, and mushrooms, and a stoner throws it on a griddle while you watch

The midwest has some of the strangest ideas about food I've ever seen, and I've lived in 5 countries and 7 US states. Wisconsin is one of the craziest because the locals accept their own trade group ad copy as the unfiltered truth of god

>go to pasta and cheese restaurant
>menu has pasta and cheese

The fuck did you expect? That's like going to Chinese takeout and expecting dim sum. Go get a Friday fish fry with a dark Sprecher beer.

>their "Mongolian" food
this is from my local mongolian grill
haha holy shit

It's not cheese my man, just some flyover, pasteurized "cheese" product.
It's pretty much impossible to get real cheese in the USA unless you import it.

plenty of Italian food does not make use of cheese and when it does we are talking some slivers of parmesan not DROWNING IN MOZZARELLA AND BAKED UNTIL GOLDEN BROWN AND DELICIOUS

because everything tastes better with cheese, right?

New England, NorCal, and the PNW have some great unpasteurized cheeses. There's no reason for Wisconsin to try that because their industry caters to Sysco and Aramark. It's cheese for prison commissaries and public school lunch programs. Consistency and lack of distinctive flavors are key. Visible mold and strong flavors are manufacturing defects.

Everything tastes better with bacon.

well this is the biggest bullshit I've read on this site lately

Epic Meal Time pls go

No shit. There are "Greek" restaurants that basically mean "anything this diner can throw together from cheap ingredients."

You went to a pasta and cheese restaurant, then bitch that they serve pasta and cheese. Stop being stupid.

I don't believe you link the restaurants website this is too upsetting Im triggered hard rn

Drink bleach you coastal moron

There are plenty of small cheese makers making unpasteurized artisanal cheese in wisconsin, I'm curious why you think young people in cheese state wouldn't be part of that trend

OP went to an italian restaurant. I'm not aware of any culinary genre termed "pasta and cheese"

benvenutos.com/images/menu/DinnerFB.pdf

> I'm curious why you think young people in cheese state wouldn't be part of that trend
Can you post that in your native language so I can run it through Google translate? Your English skills leave something to be desired

no I meant the mongolian grill place

Maybe wisconsin is different, but don't you pick the ingredients and sauces yourself?

>I have the IQ of a typical animu fan.

Are you upset at the lack of punctuation or what?

"young people in cheese state"

is that like some kind of fetish? how do you get young people into cheese state? roofies? and what does it feel like for them?

>t. buttflustered Americans

Most of the world's best cheeses are illegal to import to the US.

because like all people, hes a fucking shill who wants to believe hes superior than another part of the world simply because it gives him the thrill of being better than someone.

This is why flyover land is awful, the empty space and lack of fresh new ideas means that idiots like the one you've ran into could be the only people you know for miles. The fallacy is believing that these people don't exist in droves outside of flyover land, it's just that the population density means you can ignore these fucking shit stains and find someone actually worth hanging out with.

le tricky ruseman

Yes, and Taco Bell is a "Mexican Restaurant"

You can also not be an idiot, and realize that umbrella terms can encompass vastly different things.

It's actually true though. Federal law prohibits the import of cheese made with unpasteurized milk aged less than 60 days.

We do get many cheeses from France, Italy, etc. that would normally violate that law. But, they are a special made-for-export version that complies with American law, as opposed to the real thing. For example, many American supermarkets stock the "Ile de France" brand Camembert or Brie. And it is indeed "imported from France". But it's made with pasteurized milk specifically for the American export market. It's not the same as Camembert or Brie that you'd get in France.

The clincher being that you can't legally label the ones made for the American market as Brie or Camembert (or Gorgonzola, or Mozzarella di Buffala, or Roquefort...) in Europe because they don't meet production standards.

The land of the free, free to eat anything so long as it's made under regulations designed to favour big business, and the home of the brave, but not quite brave enough to eat cheeses which contain harmless bacteria.

I live in Wisconsin and i've never seen "Mongolian" food. I didn't even know that was a thing

In America that's eye talian cuisine. Add rice boiled with anatto and it's Mexican. Add ranch and it's french. Add soy sauce and HFCS and it's Chinese. Add horseradish and it's japanese. Add avocado and it's nouvelle cuisine. Add tater tots and it wins the WIDF international Wisconsin cheese competition of the universe.

Bacon is meme food.

What did you expect, flyover?

Thanks for that, Flash.

>Eat dirty food
>American food is disgusting
I don't see how cheese made with pasteurized milk isn't "real cheese". Plus don't you eurocucks love bending over for regulations?

I love that every thread about cheese or that mentions WI in some fashion always draws out that one CA autist who calls everyone flyover and is mad that his states cheese production is decreasing because the water used for the cows is better spent watering almond groves.

Truly these threads remind me why this is one of the worst boards on this entire website and that is saying something.

Wisconsin is considered flyover, I don't understand what that had to do with your argument
Lazy strawman

So?

Do feel better about your tiny cock now?

>I don't see how cheese made with pasteurized milk isn't "real cheese".
and that's exactly the problem you people have.

Huh?

Okay, but would you like to actually elaborate on your opinion? I've never heard anyone else say that cheese is by definition made with unpasteurized milk.

>I don't see how cheese made with pasteurized milk isn't "real cheese"

It's "real" in the sense that it isn't imaginary, and that it's "cheese". But it doesn't taste anywhere near as good as the original.

We say it's not "real cheese" because it's a pale imitation of the original product.

>I've never heard anyone else say that cheese is by definition made with unpasteurized milk.

That depends on the cheese. Some cheeses are made with pasteurized milk, some are not. The mention of pasteurization was an example of a type of cheese that many Americans think we can get (lol, it says "imported from France" on the box), but still isn't the real thing.

Another example is Mimolette. In this case the legal problem isn't the pasteurization, it's mites:
npr.org/sections/thesalt/2013/05/11/180570160/tiny-mites-spark-big-battle-over-imports-of-french-cheese

In the US they do sell unpasteurized cheese, but only in places like Northern California or Wisconsin and even then only from the farmer that made them or at a farmers market. People in the US are ultra paranoid about food contamination and the govt is more than willing to regulate based on that fact. But please stop acting like unpasteurized cheese isnt a thing here, it is, you just have to put more effort into finding it than walking down to walmart.

Try cheese made with unpasteurized milk, you'll understand.

Ok but you do realize the imported cheese from europe isnt the only cheese that exists right? Do you also call pasteurized milk "not real milk"?

O
B
S
E
S
S
E
D

Huh?

>In the US they do sell unpasteurized cheese,

I agree.

>>But please stop acting like unpasteurized cheese isnt a thing here

Sorry, that wasn't the point I was trying to get across. My points are:
1) Many foreign cheeses are illegal to import due to the unpasteurized milk and being aged less than 60 days
2) Many people incorrectly think that we can still get those cheeses due to special made-for-import cheeses coming from those countries, but in reality that is a different product altogether.

Yes, you can get unpasteurized cheese in the USA. But you cannot (legally, anyway) buy proper Camambert, or Brie, or many other cheeses because of those laws.

>But you cannot (legally, anyway) buy proper Camambert, or Brie, or many other cheeses because of those laws.
That isnt true, in WI there are cheese makers who have imported the bacterial and fungal starters need for these cheeses and make them in the old way right now.

>Do you also call pasteurized milk "not real milk"?
Yes. Although to be fair I come from a rural background in England.
The feudal system has it's benefits, especially for a privileged, public school brat like me :^)

America hasn't had liberty since at least WW1

>Ok but you do realize the imported cheese from europe isnt the only cheese that exists right?

Of course. Like I explained in , that was just an example of some cheeses we can't get in the USA. There are plenty of other examples that I didn't bother to mention.

>>Do you also call pasteurized milk "not real milk"?
Yes, I do. Fortunatley, I can get raw milk in my state. The availability of raw milk varies a lot from place to place in the US. In some places it's regarded as the devil and you can indeed get busted by the police for it. In other places raw milk products are actively encouraged to support local agriculture and industry.

>bacterial and fungal starters need for these cheeses
Fucking hell!

Huh?

May your wife and unborn child die from Listeriosis

Exactly.

Lister?

Wisconsin and Texas are completely obsessed with an imaginary rivalry with California, much as shitcago is obsessed with new york, new Zealand is obsessed with Australia, and Poland thinks they're in "central Europe"

Never change, third rate nobodies

>Never change, third rate nobodies
Said a resident of a state that puts gets less tax revenue per year than its entire welfare budget.

Why would anyone have a rivalry with CA given how terrible the state is, just about the only thing it has going for it now is its natural beauty which will quickly change, those almond groves need water after all.

>the old way
No, just because your last name sounds kind of German doesn't make your pasteurize process ''''cheese'''' somehow legitimate or connected to the real thing

Anyone who has tasted both can tell. What's obvious from your posts is that you haven't, but the wisconsin cheese brochure must be true, anyone who disagrees with you is clearly trolling or insane

What state do you suppose I'm a resident of? You have 48 more guesses

>I cant follow a conversation
Did you even bother to read the thread?

Did you?

Yeah, and they didnt say that german named folks with pasteurized cheese product anywhere. That was simply your projection. The conversation was about unpasteurized cheese production in states like CA and WI coupled with the importation of bacterial and fungal starters from Europe for cheese production in a more old world manner than what your autistic projection was.

its only californians living in texas that think there is any sort of rivalry.

ours was with florida and we won that shit decades ago

So why does every thread about Texas have like 50 posts whining about California out of nowhere?

Every thread about Wisconsin ''''cheese'''' has some WIDF saying that plastic pre sliced garbage is exactly the same as AOC Parmigianino-reggiano because the factory has some guy whose third cousin twice removed is descended from an Italian

Probably because everyone whines about commiefornia

nobody defends kraft singles and if they are it is only to make you mad

don't be obtuse

>all this buttmad because reading a conversation is hard but projection is easy
lel

Is that kilbasa and fake crab? Holy fuck.

>Going to a pleb restaurant
>Serving the most pleb cuisine
>In the most pleb of states
>waah my pleb food is too pleb

Fucking plebs.